Lewis Ferguson

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

It's a weird one

I'm convinced he is a really good player and if he moved down there he would go up a level again

I tnink, in champ manager terms, he is maybe a 13/14 out of 20 for most attributes, but nothing higher and maybe that's the problem

The same could be said about a lot of players tho. Like you I think when he moves on he will kick on up a level and he will fulfill his potential if he goes to the right club. 

Were the Italians not quoted at over £3 million but they wanted to wait to see if they avoided relegation. If it was as low £1.5 million we would accept I’m surprised one of the arse cheeks wernt putting in a cheeky bid. 

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

The same could be said about a lot of players tho. Like you I think when he moves on he will kick on up a level and he will fulfill his potential if he goes to the right club. 

Were the Italians not quoted at over £3 million but they wanted to wait to see if they avoided relegation. If it was as low £1.5 million we would accept I’m surprised one of the arse cheeks wernt putting in a cheeky bid. 

Yeah but most players have a few 15s, 2 16s and a 17

Albeit with several attributes lower than Fergusons average of 13

2 hours ago, DandyWarhol said:

I think he can be a decent player, but if he has one area that is a particular weakness it is his passing, which is a bit of a problem given he's a midfielder.

You’ve not noticed his dreadful shooting from outside the box? Multiple times most games yet he persists. And giving away fouls in dangerous positions? 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

You’ve not noticed his dreadful shooting from outside the box? Multiple times most games yet he persists. And giving away fouls in dangerous positions? 

Agree with this. He is a good all rounder,  but lacks game intelligence at times. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Strange he's with a dinosaur like McMurdo and not a more modern football agency.  McMurdo was probably his old man's agent 30-35 years ago. 

A decent agent and he would have been away last summer, it shows how shit his agent is that Barron is more likely to go than Ferguson 

28 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

God his agent needs to up his game and get this move done! I’d be sacking agent if not away in next week or so 

Totally. Imagine having an agent who’s strategy to get his clients’ a move is to under value them in the market, and who also doesn’t write effective contracts to reflect any supposed agreements.

What a mug.

13 hours ago, G31DON said:

Agree with this. He is a good all rounder,  but lacks game intelligence at times. 

He's certainly nae the sharpest tool in the box.

I mean, when it looks like all the brains in your extended family went to Barry Ferguson, you're up shit creek without a fuckin canoe. ?

On 6/25/2022 at 12:56 PM, jamiesd said:

Barron showed this cunt up when he was in the team. So did Brown.  I have said it before. He’s good but he is nowhere near what he was years ago.  Time to move him on. Sulky cunt

Barron did fine for us , but didn't come close to showing up Ferguson.

And Brown hardly came close to showing up Bates and Gallagher , let alone Ferguson.

• Haha 1

From the second I first saw Ferguson I believed that there was a 10+ goal a season (excluding penalties) there. He's got a great shot on him and he's excellent in the air in the opposition box. 

I honestly thought that with the right coaching and playing style, we could have another Billy Stark on our hands. 

And then bizarrely, we started using him as a holding midfielder. He became the man that the defence pass the ball to in our own half before he passes it back to them and then they pass it to each other before passing it to Ferguson who passes it back to them. 

What a fucking waste. 

I still believe that there's a 10+ goal a season player there, but not for us. I do also believe that when he's gone, we'll miss him. 

• Upvote 1