Lewis Ferguson

6 hours ago, Schapenneuker said:

From the second I first saw Ferguson I believed that there was a 10+ goal a season (excluding penalties) there. He's got a great shot on him and he's excellent in the air in the opposition box. 

I honestly thought that with the right coaching and playing style, we could have another Billy Stark on our hands. 

And then bizarrely, we started using him as a holding midfielder. He became the man that the defence pass the ball to in our own half before he passes it back to them and then they pass it to each other before passing it to Ferguson who passes it back to them. 

What a fucking waste. 

I still believe that there's a 10+ goal a season player there, but not for us. I do also believe that when he's gone, we'll miss him. 

His shooting is pish, only his pens and in the air is he good. Even his free kicks have been crap lately. 

There’s a great player in there somewhere hopefully Goodwin can help him fulfil his potential. 

2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

His shooting is pish, only his pens and in the air is he good. Even his free kicks have been crap lately. 

There’s a great player in there somewhere hopefully Goodwin can help him fulfil his move away.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Media reporting today that we are happy with £2M up front for Ferguson, and that four clubs are in for him.

Millwall was realistic on the £££ but Ferguson knocked them back in favour of the other four who are all abroad apparently

What a terrible deal that would be for our best player. Im not expecting him to go for more than Ramsay but he should definitely be going for more than McKenna did. 2m upfront was what Watford offered last season was it not and the club dismissed it as a joke offer which it was. Surely to fuck we are asking for somewhere between 3-4m upfront?

4 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

Some of the valuations of Ferguson vastly over rate what he is as a player.

Some people will put a higher valuation than £2 million on him because he is better than cosgrove, he’s better than mckenna and he’s better than other players who left Scotland for teams down south at about the same age as he is now for more than that.
He is also a current Scotland international in a position where Scotland have a lot of very good players so that should make him more expensive to. 

Others will say he’s not worth it because he’s a hun who’s dad is an arse piece 

We really require to sell within this window,  instead of holding out hoping for a higher bid which will  NOT come in.

Of the recent high value sales from Pittodrie McKenna was possibly too low, Cosgrove was downright fortunate and Ramsay was about right. 

Regarding Ferguson if we get £2m + a few add ons we'll be doing well.

He's a decent player, not a great player and folk throwing up that he is a Scottish International doesn't wash with me. Gary Kenneth played for Scotland FFS.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, thurso said:

Some people will put a higher valuation than £2 million on him because he is better than cosgrove, he’s better than mckenna and he’s better than other players who left Scotland for teams down south at about the same age as he is now for more than that.
He is also a current Scotland international in a position where Scotland have a lot of very good players so that should make him more expensive to. 

Why has no one bid over £2m for him then in the last 12 months since he handed in his transfer request?

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I have no idea I don’t know the ins and outs of it but I thought the Italian team did but wanted him on loan and only pay for a permanent move Iv they avoided relegation. Other teams like Millwall are probably chancing their hand knowing he handed in a transfer request but who the hell would want to go their anyway 

McKenna handed in a transfer request yet we got close to £3m up front for him. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why has no one bid over £2m for him then in the last 12 months since he handed in his transfer request?

I have no idea I don’t know the ins and outs of it but I thought the Italian team did but wanted him on loan and only pay for a permanent move Iv they avoided relegation. Other teams like Millwall are probably chancing their hand knowing he handed in a transfer request but who the hell would want to go their anyway 

34 minutes ago, thurso said:

So comparing him to players not in his position.

I don't see anything he does that elevates him above bang average.

For a player worth as much as some of our support believe, I'd expect him to run games, take them by the scruff of the neck.

I don't see him doing that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

So comparing him to players not in his position.

I don't see anything he does that elevates him above bang average.

For a player worth as much as some of our support believe, I'd expect him to run games, take them by the scruff of the neck.

I don't see him doing that.

Could say that about other Scottish players but they still went for more

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Because his agent has probably told any clubs interested that they’ll get him on cheap because of his ‘unsettled’ position.

Leaving Ferguson & his agent to receive a bigger signing on fee. 

imo

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Because his agent has probably told any clubs interested that they’ll get him on cheap because of his ‘unsettled’ position.

Leaving Ferguson & his agent to receive a bigger signing on fee. 

imo

I think central midfielders like Ferguson are ten a penny down in England.  

Whereas a left footed centre back like McKenna or a teenage attacking right back with high assist stats like Ramsay are a rarer breed hence folk are more willing to pay more. 

21 minutes ago, thurso said:

Did McGinn stand out a mile when he was at Hibs. Not when I watched him. 

Thing is though Thurso, not every player improves at the same rate at the same age for a defined number of years. 

Some do. 

Some come on the scene pretty much ready made and don't improve that much. 

Others stall and don't progress, in many cases regress after an initial good spell. 

Clubs will be looking at Ferguson and thinking what is this guy's ceiling? And does that ceiling justify shelling out the best part of £3m for him?  I think the current sentiment amongst interested parties seems to be that there's some doubt about whether he'd be a good investment for that kinda money 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, thurso said:

Agree Thurso. I know it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon now he’s the player he is but he was hardly ripping up trees at hibs. If I could be bothered to look I’m sure quite a lot of people on here probably didn’t  rate him at time of transfer. 

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

Agree Thurso. I know it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon now he’s the player he is but he was hardly ripping up trees at hibs. If I could be bothered to look I’m sure quite a lot of people on here probably didn’t  rate him at time of transfer. 

All the comments were about Shinnie always having him in his back pocket 

34 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

All the comments were about Shinnie always having him in his back pocket 

Yep, whenever we played hibs, the majority of times, Shinnie would steamroll over McGinn.

At the time, I never saw McGinn as an EPL player, never mind a top 6 English club player, fair play to the lad.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Maybe you didn't rate him but he was nominated for player of the year.

So it's fairly obvious he was rated by some.

But even then the fee was 2.5m or thereabouts.

Same ballpark as being discussed for Ferguson.

I just don't see a comparative player from Scotland going for the money people talk about us wanting.

I think he's easily replaceable.

Take the money plus add ons and run.

The club probably feel the same but cos him and his agent have acted the maggot...