Lewis Ferguson

Guest findlay_1903

Until we get an acceptable offer we shouldn’t entertain selling our better players. Could we not increase Lewis wage, and offer him another year on contract with minimum fee release clause of 3.5m, everyone be happy?

1 minute ago, findlay_1903 said:

Until we get an acceptable offer we shouldn’t entertain selling our better players. Could we not increase Lewis wage, and offer him another year on contract with minimum fee release clause of 3.5m, everyone be happy?

He wont be he wants away.

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

He wants away so unless it was an astronomical wage offer, he wouldn't accept (and even with an astronomical offer there's a more than reasonable chance his desire to leave would still trump any shortish term financial gains)

If no one meets our asking price then we are stuck with him, a player whose value in the transfer market will be declining beyond this transfer window and who clearly doesn't want to be at the club. Whilst i don't think he'd intentionally play shite to spite us, his form might suffer naturally. Under those circumstances, I think we'd probably accept a lesser fee than we really wanted if he's still with us in the last week of August.

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He wants away so unless it was an astronomical wage offer, he wouldn't accept (and even with an astronomical offer there's a more than reasonable chance his desire to leave would still trump any shortish term financial gains)

If no one meets our asking price then we are stuck with him, a player whose value in the transfer market will be declining beyond this transfer window and who clearly doesn't want to be at the club. Whilst i don't think he'd intentionally play shite to spite us, his form might suffer naturally. Under those circumstances, I think we'd probably accept a lesser fee than we really wanted if he's still with us in the last week of August.

Thats the way ive assumed it would go. Ask for £3M all summer and end up with £2M at the deadline

Good move for Ferguson although as I said before, it'd be interesting watching him taking lessons in parliamo Italiano.

And good for the club to get him shifted on early in the window, getting a decent fee for him and plenty time left to splash a decent portion of it on a replacement who hopefully will prove to be equally as good.

Thanks for the semi v sevco and all the penalties

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye he's a good player but I'm sick of hearing about him, his family and his agent. Huns will always disappoint you in the end. 

Time to move on. 

He's been a great player for us from day 1, or being precise, week 2 at Burnley.

It's the right time to sell based on years left on contract.

To actually blame/care about what his hun uncle/dad said on the loon? Is a no from me.

All the best Lewis(unless you return to Scotland via the ugly sisters). 

• Upvote 3