Lewis Ferguson

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Agree Thurso. I know it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon now he’s the player he is but he was hardly ripping up trees at hibs. If I could be bothered to look I’m sure quite a lot of people on here probably didn’t  rate him at time of transfer. 

Come on, it was very obvious McGinn was a player

He has went up a level or two since training with and playing with better players too, unsurprisingly 

4 hours ago, slippers said:

Agree Thurso. I know it’s easy to jump on the bandwagon now he’s the player he is but he was hardly ripping up trees at hibs. If I could be bothered to look I’m sure quite a lot of people on here probably didn’t  rate him at time of transfer. 

Really? My recollection is that he was a very good player. 

11 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Yep, whenever we played hibs, the majority of times, Shinnie would steamroll over McGinn.

At the time, I never saw McGinn as an EPL player, never mind a top 6 English club player, fair play to the lad.

I think he was pretty outstanding against the rest of the SPFL... but you are correct it was a strange one that he couldn't play against Aberdeen.  I can't recall a single performance against of note against us - in fact we used to dominate him.  So I think Aberdeen fans could be forgiven for not rating him.  Based on what I'd seen of him against us, I am the same - I never thought he'd be an EPL in a million years.  However, as others have said, he's benefited from training and playing with better players.

11 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Same.

That's about the mark for me too... I'd rather have Ferguson playing at the top of his game for another 2 years, than take anything less.

Probably not as simple as that though - the player is unhappy and wants out.  Not great for morale if we are holding players who don't want to be here.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Debatable.

We havr struggled to replace McLean  Shinnie and Jack when they all left. Replacements were pitiful. I'll be surprised if we're able to bring someone in that's as good as Ferguson without is spending a good chunk of money

We managed as a club before him.  Let the new scouting see what they can come up with.

9 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Debatable.

We havr struggled to replace McLean  Shinnie and Jack when they all left. Replacements were pitiful. I'll be surprised if we're able to bring someone in that's as good as Ferguson without is spending a good chunk of money

I'm sure we'd be happy to sell Ferguson for £2m and fire out £500k of that to buy a suitable replacement. He's just a very good player, but nowhere near top class. I'm confident that we'll be able to find someone equally as good and still be left with a handsome profit on the deal

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'm sure we'd be happy to sell Ferguson for £2m and fire out £500k of that to buy a suitable replacement. He's just a very good player, but nowhere near top class. I'm confident that we'll be able to find someone equally as good and still be left with a handsome profit on the deal

looks like you got your valuations wrong this time Ten Caat

"Aberdeen have rejected a £2 million bid for Scotland international Lewis Ferguson.

The Dons rejected a £1.5m offer for the player from English Championship side Millwall earlier this month.

The Lions returned with a final offer of £2m for the 22-year-old earlier this week which was again knocked back by the Dons.

Ferguson, who scored 16 goals in 45 appearances last term, is under contract at Pittodrie until 2024."

15 hours ago, slippers said:

I mind getting laughed at cause I said I’d take him at Aberdeen. Folk didn’t think he was good enough for our bench haha. Great days, we must have been decent at the time. 

only decent game I remember him having against us was Easter road the last season we finished 2nd. Him, Allan and mcgeouch raped us….. but worth mentioning shinnie wasn’t playing!!

10 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Debatable.

On the basis that Ferguson has been a replacement for said players above.

Does that not make my point for me.

I'd take McLean and shinnie all day over him and whilst jack is a snake bastard.

Clarke picks him ahead of Ferguson and people seem to think the Scotland squads make him worth more.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

looks like you got your valuations wrong this time Ten Caat

"Aberdeen have rejected a £2 million bid for Scotland international Lewis Ferguson.

The Dons rejected a £1.5m offer for the player from English Championship side Millwall earlier this month.

The Lions returned with a final offer of £2m for the 22-year-old earlier this week which was again knocked back by the Dons.

Ferguson, who scored 16 goals in 45 appearances last term, is under contract at Pittodrie until 2024."

Aye and I suppose it's well done to the club for holding out to try to get the fee they believe he's worth.

However with every rejected bid we get an increasingly pissed off player, you'd like to think in spite of this he won't down tools. Obviously there's still plenty time for an acceptable bid to materialise and you would think that he could get a slightly better club than Millwall. I hope that's the attitude he takes anyway.

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye and I suppose it's well done to the club for holding out to try to get the fee they believe he's worth.

However with every rejected bid we get an increasingly pissed off player, you'd like to think in spite of this he won't down tools. Obviously there's still plenty time for an acceptable bid to materialise and you would think that he could get a slightly better club than Millwall. I hope that's the attitude he takes anyway.

I would assume we are very confident that the 4 clubs on the continent who have been in contact about Lewis will firm up their interest and sounds like Millwall probably do to with the suggestion they made it a final offer as they don't want to get into a bidding war for him. 

I saw a report that said Ferguson saw his future on the continent rather than Millwall so doesn't sound like he was keen on that move or pis#ed off that we turned the bid down.