Lewis Ferguson

Guest the shepherd

In what way?

He was very complimentary of us

He is down there in the class of Arthur Montford and Tom Boyd when it comes to commentating on Aberdeen matches. Craigan was painful and fucking condescending last night. 'Aberdeen on the ropes', 'Only a matter of time before Burnley score'. Kept referring to the gulf in quality as well. What gulf? Fuck off min.

He is down there in the class of Arthur Montford and Tom Boyd when it comes to commentating on Aberdeen matches. Craigan was painful and fucking condescending last night. 'Aberdeen on the ropes', 'Only a matter of time before Burnley score'. Kept referring to the gulf in quality as well. What gulf? Fuck off min.

Oh come on. There IS a gulf in quality. You can't deny it

• Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd

Oh come on. There IS a gulf in quality. You can't deny it

Nae very evident over the two legs Poodler. The difference between the two sides was the strike forces (Vokes, Barnes and Wood scoring) with fuck all coming from ours. Last year we were heavily reliant on goals from all over the pitch due to the lack of quality up front, and lack of game time given to Adam Rooney.

Gary Mackay-Steven was outstanding last night and certainly was one that was not out of place. Lewis Ferguson can also hold his head up high.

Nae very evident over the two legs Poodler. The difference between the two sides was the strike forces (Vokes, Barnes and Wood scoring) with fuck all coming from ours. Last year we were heavily reliant on goals from all over the pitch due to the lack of quality up front, and lack of game time given to Adam Rooney.

Gary Mackay-Steven was outstanding last night and certainly was one that was not out of place. Lewis Ferguson can also hold his head up high.

Yes but why did the strike force score? Because they engineered more chances than us. Their players are better than ours.

Which ones of our team would get into theirs?

It's the old ABE debate again. Blinkered by a distaste for English fitba. I too dislike it. But a mid table EPL team are of a better quality than we are.

It's ok to admit it.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, technically they were better on the ball, less punts, plus they did things quicker than us.

There was a bit in first half they played a ball up to Woods who dropped 15 yards to control the ball perfectly and brought other players into play.

In the second half Cosgrove actually beautifully controlled a similar ball but inexplicably overhead kicked the ball into the stand.

Pleasing he lasted the full match too. I was a wee bit worried when Derek took him off after 50mins at Pittodrie. Exactly the engine weve been needing and clearly loves to get stuck in.

Add to that the prick of a commentator airbrushing us knocking Ipswich out of the UEFA cup in 1981 ...a wee bit of research would have been good

• Upvote 2

Yes but why did the strike force score? Because they engineered more chances than us. Their players are better than ours.

It's the old ABE debate again. Blinkered by a distaste for English fitba. I too dislike it. But a mid table EPL team are of a better quality than we are.

It's ok to admit it.

You're right but judging on his two performances I'm not convinced Aaron Lennon would get in our team. Looked woeful both games, completely kept under control by Considine.

It's ok to admit it.

Poodler is talking a lot of sense here.

Time to accept and move on.

Guest the shepherd

It's ok to admit it.

Aye we have got to face facts, your right there. I have no distaste for English fitba or any other nation's fitba but I passionately despise the English press.

There was a difference for sure. As someone said. That was exactly what youd get if you gave St Johnston £120m annually. Polished shite.

Burnley play exactly like Motherwell. Motherwell with a bit quality. If that's what £110m per year buys you then everyone associated with the EPL can hang their heads in shame. They won't, of course, because they entirely lack concepts such as shame, self-awareness etc.

Actually those of us who watch a fair bit of EPL have known or suspected this for some time: a lot of the games are dull as fuck outwith the (urgh) 'big six'; a Monday evening snoozefest between, say, Everton and Southampton may be lots of things but it's rarely enthralling.

The beaten dog tendency in Scottish football fans to just blithely accept a lot of the marketing hype which accompanies English football is thoroughly depressing.

• Upvote 3