Lewis Ferguson

There was a difference for sure. As someone said. That was exactly what youd get if you gave St Johnston £120m annually. Polished shite.

Quoting Tom English here but the number was actually over £200m that they earned last season. Quite astonishing when you think about it.

Some shitey Welsh team were winning away in Gibraltar and we got Burnley!

You'd have thought earning £120m a year just for being in England would allow you to bring in players capable of playing more than just hoofball 90% of the time.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I was a Burnley fan watching that every week. Thank fuck i'm not.

As for Ferguson, we're gonna end up being made to pay a fortune for him I fear. Is the compensation fee not partially based on future potential as well? If so, his performances these past 2 games won't have done us any favours when the decision comes.

Quoting Tom English here but the number was actually over £200m that they earned last season. Quite astonishing when you think about it.

Some shitey Welsh team were winning away in Gibraltar and we got Burnley!

Made winning that nothing match on the last day a hell of a bad move for the Aberdons.

You'd have thought earning £120m a year just for being in England would allow you to bring in players capable of playing more than just hoofball 90% of the time.

I'd be pretty disappointed if I was a Burnley fan watching that every week. Thank fuck i'm not.

As for Ferguson, we're gonna end up being made to pay a fortune for him I fear. Is the compensation fee not partially based on future potential as well? If so, his performances these past 2 games won't have done us any favours when the decision comes.

Burnley aren’t built to play poorer/defensive teams. They are usually the one that have less possession and sit in then hit on the break. No proper play maker just hit it to the big man.

It’s the same as the Stoke/West Broms etc. Fodder.

They have the money, but so does every other team in the EPL and most of the top teams in the top leagues. There's only a finite amount of decent players out there and the top quality players are with the top sides like Real, Barca etc, then you've got the decent players, who are at that level down such as Liverpools etc. Then you've just got the overpriced average players, that's the market Burnley are in.

Also, who'd want to play for Burnley?

If there's one winner from last night it's DMc. He's made the pundits favourite Dyche look like a right fanny. Unfortunately we all know that if you give DMc some money his results are mixed at best.

For 180 minutes we matched up. After 210 minutes maybe Burnley deserved the expected win but don't let that get in the way of the fact that if recruitment had gone according to plan the result might have been slightly different. Both teams had 16 shots on goal... If they'd been better shots we might have won. What's missing in our squad is depth and potency in the final third...

I think the compensation fee covers training costs and consideration the players years at the club and the level of the clubs involved in the deal.

But pretty sure there's not allowance for basing the compo on whether a players looks good, bad or indifferent.

That's a little unfair to Dyche.

They are built to survive in the league they are in, which involves organisation, defensive stability, counter attacking, they aren't built to take the initiative per se, so don't really have the players to do that.

They drew with man city at turf moor last season - if they go toe to toe with them they lose heavily.

Styles make fights.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't fucking matter what age he got into your first team you thick fucking weegie. By that logic we should have got about £2m for Fyvie.

Hope this is the season that turd of a club finally gets flushed. They're an absolute embarrassment to the league.

They clearly didn't offer him a good enough deal & as a result he has wanted to move on.

We have been stung ourselves by similar over last while. Fraser, Grimmer, Fyvie & even Jack who was blatantly obviously tapped up.

This Ronald MacDonald cunt should go back to selling big Macs the fkn clown that he is

• Upvote 2

Hamilton Academical chairman Ronnie MacDonald says that, if a forthcoming tribunal lets Aberdeen sign Lewis Ferguson on the cheap, it will make him question the value of investing in their football academy. The Dons have offered only £100,000 for the 18-year-old midfielder while Accies value him at the £1.2m they receive from Wigan Athletic for James McCarthy in 2009.

LOL What the actual fuck?

McCarthy was under contract & had two years remaining on his deal.

Ferguson was out of contract & all we are due them is compensation not an actual transfer fee. Fkn idiot

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3068226/lewis-ferguson-hamilton-aberdeen-tribunal-club-philosophy-blow/

Is this guy for real...although he canna hide his true colours with this quote

“If Aberdeen had done what Rangers did with Greg Docherty, come in the front door and worked something out, fine, rather than people not returning your calls.

Aye except Docherty had two and a half years left on his contract and they got around 600k for him

It doesn't fucking matter what age he got into your first team you thick fucking weegie. By that logic we should have got about £2m for Fyvie.

Hope this is the season that turd of a club finally gets flushed. They're an absolute embarrassment to the league.

They seemed quite happy to hand over Docherty to the Huns on a pay nothing up front deal.

He seems a cracking player and it feels unfair when you lose a youngster and don't feel you've been compensated properly. We've been victims of this in the past but similarly Hamilton have picked up some of these kids from boys clubs and followed the rules by paying fuck all to boys clubs. We aren't returning calls because clearly we feel we've offered what we are meant too.

He seems a cracking player and it feels unfair when you lose a youngster and don't feel you've been compensated properly. We've been victims of this in the past but similarly Hamilton have picked up some of these kids from boys clubs and followed the rules by paying fuck all to boys clubs. We aren't returning calls because clearly we feel we've offered what we are meant too.

What exactly are they expecting from said phone call?

"Give us £1.2M"

"No".

Phone down.