Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

Terry Taylor,Wales u21s debut last week,Tuesday 19th November 2019 as sub on the hour at the Racecourse,Wrexham in 1-0 win over Bosnia Herzgovina.I was there that day he made his famous debut age 14 at Montrose for Aberdeen u20s v Kilmarnock.If memory serves me he came on with Aberdeen winning,and we ended up losing 3-2.

Terry Taylor,Wales u21s debut last week,Tuesday 19th November 2019 as sub on the hour at the Racecourse,Wrexham in 1-0 win over Bosnia Herzgovina.I was there that day he made his famous debut age 14 at Montrose for Aberdeen u20s v Kilmarnock.If memory serves me he came on with Aberdeen winning,and we ended up losing 3-2.

Graham I'd give up.

The mighty Wikipedia confirms ,Terry Taylor Wales u21s 1 game,goals 0.There is even a whole paragraph devoted to o his 'appearance', with a link to the Wales website.post that link and we can frame it for posterity !! Hope Dean gets s game on Saturday.

Fuck sake Graham, Ollie is mates with the guy. Give it up eh.

Dont understand good will to two twats that left before even playing a game

Because I know them both personally that’s why. It reflects well on club if they both go on to be EPL regulars. I’d wish any player well regardless if I knew them or not, as long as the club was compensated and it wasn’t to any other team in Scotland.
  • Downvote 1

SFA Youth Cup 3rd Round – Cormack Park

6th December 2019
Aberdeen 4 Montrose 2

A stoppage time double from skipper Connor Barron helped the young Dons to an extremely hard fought victory over a spirited Montrose side earning Barry Robson’s kids a place in the quarter finals of the Youth Cup.

The Gable Endies travelled north on the back of a fine win away to Ayr United in the last round, looking for an upset against a Dons team who have won nine and drawn one of their ten matches so far this season.

And the visitors almost snatched the lead on three minutes, Tom Ritchie being forced into a fine save from Stockton, the keeper keeping out the front man’s shot with his feet.

On twelve minutes, Aberdeen took the lead, Barron’s corner being flicked on at the near post for Kieran Shanks to head home from close range. And it was nearly two five minutes later. A fabulous ball from Barron picked out Ramsay whose cross just evaded the inrushing Shanks.

Aberdeen were dominating possession and playing some tidy football despite the blustery, cold and wet conditions but were finding the visitors defence difficult to breach. Montrose were dangerous on the break and both Stockton and Cammy McCormack had decent efforts on goal as they pushed for an equaliser.

HALF TIME – ABERDEEN 1 MONTROSE 0

Six minutes into the second half, Montrose winger Innes saw a shot deflected just wide and from the resulting corner the ball broke to Cammy McCormack 30 yards out and his fierce drive took a nick off a defender on its way past Ritchie to give the Angus side an equaliser.

The goal lofted the visitors and they enjoyed a good spell with Stockton again coming close. Michael Ruth tested Matthews just before the hour mark but Montrose were dealing well with everything the Dons threw at them.

On 76 minutes, Montrose took the lead when Dalglish’s swirling free kick from the right found its way into the net, possibly assisted by the wind.

The Dons responded quickly with Ruth finding space in the box three minutes later to wheel and fire a left-footed shot past Matthews to tie things up at two apiece.

As the game went into stoppage time it looked as though extra time would be needed to separate the teams, but skipper Connor Barron had other ideas. First, he curled a delightful twenty yard effort past the keeper then, after Lyall Booth had been fouled in the area, he did his usual immaculate job from the spot to wrap up a victory for which the team had to work extremely hard.

Montrose deserve great credit for pushing Aberdeen all the way in a very entertaining tussle but the Dons march on and now await the quarter final draw.

FULL TIME – ABERDEEN 4 MONTROSE 2

Crowd – 200

Thanks Cockney Don.St Johnstone v Dundee United is on Tuesday night 7pm at McDiarmid Park.No good reason Aberdeen couldn't have welcomed Montrose to Pittodrie last Friday night.How is the Cormack Park Arena match day experience.I notice the all conquering u18s have been patchy in the two matches at their new home.