Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah I’d say it was how Glass wants to play in his team but he doesn’t have the personnel at the moment.

4-3-3 by the looks of it.

Number 7, Emslie I think it was, on the left of the front 3, amazing pace. Maybe youngsters lose some of that electric pace as they pack on muscle, but I’ve never seen a team with some much raw pace.

Think most of these boys are 16 or under.

Great stuff.  Hopefully we see a few popping up in the first team squad in the next year or two 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

But the star of the show, young 14 year old called Lancelot. Known of him for years at boys club level but didn’t realise he was playing for the U18s. Honestly lads, if this boy isn’t playing for the 1st team in 3 years, I’ll be amazed. Little fella so needs to grow a fair bit but huge ability, waltzes past players for fun. 

Sounds like he could become a legend.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Went along to Cormack Park tonight to watch the U18s play Banks ‘O Dee in a Cup game. Was approaching double figures when I left but despite the opposition, some terrific players on show

Number 9 Liam Harvey looks like he will make the grade. Right back Timmy Fantona likewise. Spoke to Simmie during the game about him and he said he was Scottish U14 100m champion a few years back. Plays like Ramsay, high up the park and very very quick.

But the star of the show, young 14 year old called Lancelot. Known of him for years at boys club level but didn’t realise he was playing for the U18s. Honestly lads, if this boy isn’t playing for the 1st team in 3 years, I’ll be amazed. Little fella so needs to grow a fair bit but huge ability, waltzes past players for fun.

Whole team play with a very high intensity, full backs pushed way up the field, high press (every player man marking when the opposition goalie has the ball) 

Think the lad Hancock was playing at the back for us, but we were never troubled defensively for me to judge him.

Would like to see us up against a Celtic or Rangers, to get a better perspective but some very promising players on show tonight 

Appreciate the updates on the youth teams. A lot to be positive about. Thanks 

17 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Would like to see us up against a Celtic or Rangers, to get a better perspective but some very promising players on show tonight 

Their previous game was a 3-3 draw against Rangers. We went behind 3 times but each time we had equalised within 3 minutes.

"This Aberdeen side was quite a bit younger than their Rangers counterparts so another very encouraging performance from Barry Robson’s side."

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

These games free to watch for punters or is it limited to family of the team?

Free for anyone to attend, as far as I know.

Although, when I attended the last game 2 weeks ago, got yapping to Simmie and Gordon Marshall about one or two of the AFC players and they asked me which of the team was my son, so had to explain, none, I’m just an interested punter!  So I did wonder if it’s limited to family,

Fuck it, what’s the worst that can happen? Can spectate from the dual carriageway, if they get arsey about it

2 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Perfect cheers, thought I'd seen someone before say only family could attend the games, just interested to see how the young team gets on and if there's any players to keep an eye out for 

Defo worth going to watch, plus Alfie Bavidge will be available for this one; 15 yr old whose been scoring goals for fun.

On the Pittodrie PS podcast the other day, they said entry was available to all so that’s good enough for me

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Defo worth going to watch, plus Alfie Bavidge will be available for this one; 15 yr old whose been scoring goals for fun.

On the Pittodrie PS podcast the other day, they said entry was available to all so that’s good enough for me

Aye seen Bavidge had done well at youth level and also scored for Scotland which was nice to see.

Hopefully see some of these lads progress through and into the first team ala Ramsay/Mackenzie etc

17 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Aye seen Bavidge had done well at youth level and also scored for Scotland which was nice to see.

Hopefully see some of these lads progress through and into the first team ala Ramsay/Mackenzie etc

Doubt Lancelot Pollard will be playing in this one as the 14 yr old only got called up last time out due to the weaker opposition (Banks o Dee) but would love it if he does. Reminds me on  Karamoko Dembélé at the Tims, just glides past players for fun.

17 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The centre forward Liam Harvey scored 3.

Seems to score regularly. 

Duncan with the other, a penalty. 

Always very difficult to judge youth players or youngsters playing in the reserve team, as it was, but Harvey has always looked good to me in the 4 games I have seen him at Cormack Park on a Friday night.