Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I suppose it’s a calculated gamble, some work out, some don’t. £50k is not the end of the world when you consider how much we’ve spunked elsewhere 

Guess was a good thing Ferguson has worked out quite well, paid circa £250k for him, probably exceeded all our expectations

On 5/20/2022 at 11:09 AM, Granite95 said:

Thought Shingler/Yeats were highl regarded? 
Can see us regretting not keeping hold of LUke Turner in a few years time

Don’t think any were highly regarded by club. 

watched Scotland u17s yesterday and the lad lobban was playing. Scotland were absolutely brutal. Not totally sure what position he was meant to be playing.

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Don’t think any were highly regarded by club. 

watched Scotland u17s yesterday and the lad lobban was playing. Scotland were absolutely brutal. Not totally sure what position he was meant to be playing.

Aye caught the game, I thought he was a CM/CAM  but seemed to be stuck out on the left wing, as you say Scotland were utterly brutal

58 minutes ago, graham said:

I liked Tyler Mykyta as well. Maybe another young player deemed 'too small'.Always got stuck in and did his best.Finn Yeats looked the part the couple of games I saw him play.

He was best player on park v Celtic u18s, Finn.

Journalism up here's a joke. There's barely a red top football article which doesn't read like a love letter to Sevco. Even when the story's not about them.

Mark Warburton's insight into the Scottish Media during his episode of the Sacked In The Morning podcast was excellent. Scottish sports journalists have no credibility and even less integrity.

As for Lancelot Pollard, good luck to the lad. But being a prospect's one thing, developing into a player's another. And from what i've read about his parents on here, i'm fairly confident they'll find many ways to hinder his development & success.

7 hours ago, JamieMT said:

Journalism up here's a joke. There's barely a red top football article which doesn't read like a love letter to Sevco. Even when the story's not about them.

Mark Warburton's insight into the Scottish Media during his episode of the Sacked In The Morning podcast was excellent. Scottish sports journalists have no credibility and even less integrity.

As for Lancelot Pollard, good luck to the lad. But being a prospect's one thing, developing into a player's another. And from what i've read about his parents on here, i'm fairly confident they'll find many ways to hinder his development & success.

Fuck that with a bit of luck he’ll get a career ender in his first game for the cunts

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ullevi said:

Three two at half time in the youth game at Cormack Park, sone decent players on show and decent challenges going in. Rangers lad taken off on a stretcher with what looks like a cheekbone injury. 

Is Lancelot playing for Rangers? If so was it him that went off on a stretcher?

Dons won 5-2, Pollard came on at half time and did little of note, he took a few strong challenges from our players but in general did nothing. A few of our lads looked good but no one really stood out.

Itvwasnt Pollard who went off with the cheekbone injury a Rangers defender. 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely brilliant performance by Aberdeen 16s. 5-2 winners. One hun knocked out and numerous others booted off the park, actually quite joyful to witness an Aberdeen team with fight, speed and intensity.

On another note thought Aberdeen played some good football at times. Created numerous chances. 

Lancelot got 45 minutes but got no space whatsoever. 

• Like 1