Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

Dons won 5-2, Pollard came on at half time and did little of note, he took a few strong challenges from our players but in general did nothing. A few of our lads looked good but no one really stood out.

Itvwasnt Pollard who went off with the cheekbone injury a Rangers defender. 

• Upvote 1

Absolutely brilliant performance by Aberdeen 16s. 5-2 winners. One hun knocked out and numerous others booted off the park, actually quite joyful to witness an Aberdeen team with fight, speed and intensity.

On another note thought Aberdeen played some good football at times. Created numerous chances. 

Lancelot got 45 minutes but got no space whatsoever. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ullevi said:

Dons won 5-2, Pollard came on at half time and did little of note, he took a few strong challenges from our players but in general did nothing. A few of our lads looked good but no one really stood out.

Itvwasnt Pollard who went off with the cheekbone injury a Rangers defender. 

Would agree with this. Lots of good performances but difficult to know if the next star is out there. 

Didn’t really see what happened with the cheekbone injury.

31 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is it Stuart Duff who take the Dons U15s (2007 age group)?

Yeah he’s head coach. The 2007s are classed as being u16s as season runs January to December for some reason. 

I think he’s responsible for all teams below but that’s the one he chiefly takes with Andy Considine.

9 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah he’s head coach. The 2007s are classed as being u16s as season runs January to December for some reason. 

I think he’s responsible for all teams below but that’s the one he chiefly takes with Andy Considine.

Same age group as my youngest laddie so I know 2 of that squad who joined this year;  one ex East End central defender and one ex Dyce left back. Simmie’s boy was in the squad too but left recently due to injury.

Will try and get to as many 2007 age group games as I can, if the club publicise them a bit better.

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Same age group as my youngest laddie so I know 2 of that squad who joined this year;  one ex East End central defender and one ex Dyce left back. Simmie’s boy was in the squad too but left recently due to injury.

Will try and get to as many 2007 age group games as I can, if the club publicise them a bit better.

Don’t know which one the east end boy is but I think the left back was very good today if it’s same boy.  

36 minutes ago, slippers said:

Be karma if pollard struggles to get off the bench at his new club! In many respects it’s a real shame if his family ruin his career before it’s started. Not our problem now , will be interesting to see where he’s at in a couple of years time though. 

Espionage

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I thought the team battled away and got stuck in for long spells when it was getting bit tight. The right back (24) and left back (3) did well esp the right back who went past about 4 of there players like they weren’t there for the first of our goals. The number 4 got a good goal 20 yards out to make it 3-2, the numbers 9 and 10 were leading the line well and took there chances. All round a good performance. 

• Upvote 1

Youth football is kinda screwed though... increasingly decent prospects coming through are prised away from clubs of our size by Sevco, Celtic and teams down south. If you've got say 5 hot prospects at U16 level, 2 of them will likely have been snapped up by bigger clubs before they get anywhere near the first team, 2 of them will end up not really making it for some reason and going out on endless loans before leaving the club around 20/21, and maybe 1 will actually make it through to the first team, before being snapped up by someone else within a season if they impress. Convincing top talent to stick around is going to get harder and harder.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Youth football is kinda screwed though... increasingly decent prospects coming through are prised away from clubs of our size by Sevco, Celtic and teams down south. If you've got say 5 hot prospects at U16 level, 2 of them will likely have been snapped up by bigger clubs before they get anywhere near the first team, 2 of them will end up not really making it for some reason and going out on endless loans before leaving the club around 20/21, and maybe 1 will actually make it through to the first team, before being snapped up by someone else within a season if they impress. Convincing top talent to stick around is going to get harder and harder.

Needs to be something done about these teams hoarding all the top youth. Players need to be aloud to develop and play football whatever level it may be at. I’d hazard a guess that alot more careers are hampered moving to bigger clubs than actually working out. 

10 hours ago, slippers said:

Needs to be something done about these teams hoarding all the top youth. Players need to be aloud to develop and play football whatever level it may be at. I’d hazard a guess that alot more careers are hampered moving to bigger clubs than actually working out. 

I AGREE WITH YOU!!!!!!!¡!!!!

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Only played the last ten minutes.

Played central defence for EE, I thought?

I didn't want to name him on here yesterday cos its not fair on him or his da.

What’s not fair?

The lad Isaac got named, he’s a good player too.

20 hours ago, slippers said:

You could level that accusation at local Boys Club teams. Too many clubs, Dyce being the main culprit, simply hoover up the best young talent irrespective of their location within the city or the shire. Difficult for smaller team to remain competitive when that happens and then the lesser talented boys, seeing their teammates fucking off elsewhere, get pissed off and chuck it

31 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You could level that accusation at local Boys Club teams. Too many clubs, Dyce being the main culprit, simply hoover up the best young talent irrespective of their location within the city or the shire. Difficult for smaller team to remain competitive when that happens and then the lesser talented boys, seeing their teammates fucking off elsewhere, get pissed off and chuck it

Yeah was speaking about that the other day. Wasn’t aware that trials were required to gain entry to certain juvenile teams. The lad I was speaking to was a coach at Colony, parents getting above their station and asking for a trial at above clubs! What a bunch of cocks! 

8 minutes ago, slippers said:

Yeah was speaking about that the other day. Wasn’t aware that trials were required to gain entry to certain juvenile teams. The lad I was speaking to was a coach at Colony, parents getting above their station and asking for a trial at above clubs! What a bunch of cocks! 

It’s difficult as I see your point but if your playing division 2 and want to play division 1, surely there needs to be some kind of assessment that you can play at that level? 

I think it’s poor clubs are doing trials at 7s age though.

1 hour ago, RUL said:

It’s difficult as I see your point but if your playing division 2 and want to play division 1, surely there needs to be some kind of assessment that you can play at that level? 

I think it’s poor clubs are doing trials at 7s age though.

Yeah I agree I think that’s more what I mean. Trials at 7 years old is mental. Parents forcing their kids to leave playing with mates when they don’t want to.