Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 9:55 PM, starryfish said:

Youngsters play Celtic at Cormack Park on Friday night, 1800 ko

Would have gone to this if I wasn’t down in Edinburgh this afternoon.

Fatona and Towler suspended after their sendings off v Hamilton. And doubt Ryan Duncan will play tonight if he’s playing for Peterhead tomorrow.

But worth going to, if anyone’s got the time

Can someone please list all the youth players that are from the Aberdeenshire area.

Just to give millertime a decent head start on the ones he can judge as shit/weak/thick etc. Without having to research or ask where they are from when they are breaking into the side & make his bias more obvious at the time. 

New rules from July this year restricting loan amounts in/out to 8 players. Reducing to 6 by 2024. 
They are trying to give the impression it is to stop clubs hoarding players, like the arse cheeks but this is just a follow up from their colt team’s approval. This is 100% to aid in them still hoovering up all the young talent & skimming the cream. 

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

New rules from July this year restricting loan amounts in/out to 8 players. Reducing to 6 by 2024. 
They are trying to give the impression it is to stop clubs hoarding players, like the arse cheeks but this is just a follow up from their colt team’s approval. This is 100% to aid in them still hoovering up all the young talent & skimming the cream. 

Depressing looking at the Lowland League seeing them 2nd and 3rd.

Thankyfully Bonnyrigg are having a good season.

8 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Depressing looking at the Lowland League seeing them 2nd and 3rd.

Thankyfully Bonnyrigg are having a good season.

No shame in the corruption of SPFL though. First they finally get the arse cheeks their wish for colt teams in lower leagues, then they agree to reduce loan player amount rules so now the arse cheeks can still be unaffected by the rules as their colt teams won’t be classed as loans. Rest of the clubs will have to release more players rather than loan them out. 

They try to make out in the Record that it’s against the arse cheeks by stating how they each have 8-10 players out on loan & this will prevent them doing this & hoarding talent but the completely fail to mention the colt teams ‘loophole’.

This has all been part of an arse cheek plan ever since first mention of colt teams

15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No shame in the corruption of SPFL though. First they finally get the arse cheeks their wish for colt teams in lower leagues, then they agree to reduce loan player amount rules so now the arse cheeks can still be unaffected by the rules as their colt teams won’t be classed as loans. Rest of the clubs will have to release more players rather than loan them out. 

They try to make out in the Record that it’s against the arse cheeks by stating how they each have 8-10 players out on loan & this will prevent them doing this & hoarding talent but the completely fail to mention the colt teams ‘loophole’.

This has all been part of an arse cheek plan ever since first mention of colt teams

it will be ok as long as the colt teams can't go higher in the pyramid.  Top young players will get little benefit from playing in the lowland league compared to playing reserve or unders football against players of higher quality.

The day the colt teams can be promoted to League 2 and above is the day the game is even more a bogey than it is just now.

37 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

it will be ok as long as the colt teams can't go higher in the pyramid.  Top young players will get little benefit from playing in the lowland league compared to playing reserve or unders football against players of higher quality.

The day the colt teams can be promoted to League 2 and above is the day the game is even more a bogey than it is just now.

For the record (no pun) I’m in total agreement with this.  But how do you stop them (or us for that matter) doing it informally using a small fairly local team say Dumbarton and Morton.  Arguably a loan limit would be one way to stop that, no?  As long as the block to promotion remains of course.

edit: I’ve absolutely no idea of the politics and persuasions of Dumbarton or Morton.  They both sound weeg which is good enough.

17 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

For the record (no pun) I’m in total agreement with this.  But how do you stop them (or us for that matter) doing it informally using a small fairly local team say Dumbarton and Morton.  Arguably a loan limit would be one way to stop that, no?  As long as the block to promotion remains of course.

edit: I’ve absolutely no idea of the politics and persuasions of Dumbarton or Morton.  They both sound weeg which is good enough.

I fully expect this 'trial' to lead to another vote about allowing them into the leagues proper.  We seem to have votes on this every 6 months or so, they wont let it go.

Then it will be that they can't go higher than League 2

Fast forward a bit more it will be no higher than League 1.  etc etc

Trojan horse

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I fully expect this 'trial' to lead to another vote about allowing them into the leagues proper.  We seem to have votes on this every 6 months or so, they wont let it go.

Trojan horse

Same. 

Shame on the teams in the Lowland League for allowing them in on the prospect of a wee bit of extra cash through the gates. Absolutely fuck all to do with development.

Only 2 clubs this will ever help.

25 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

There is definitely a place for youth playing against men and id probably disagree with you. I cant really speak about Lowland league but the highland league has 5 or 6 really decent teams. Some of the players playing at that level would play at a much higher level but get paid more to play at HL.There is of course some poor sides but im not in agreement that there isn't a benefit. 

4 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Same. 

Shame on the teams in the Lowland League for allowing them in on the prospect of a wee bit of extra cash through the gates. Absolutely fuck all to do with development.

Only 2 clubs this will ever help.

What kind of attendances do this Rangers B teams take to away games?

3 minutes ago, slippers said:

There is definitely a place for youth playing against men 

That's what the reserve league set up fulfilled.  Playing against a higher level of player in most cases as well. 

needs to be resurrected as say an u21 league with 5 overage players allowed to cover all bases.

Nae need for Colt teams playing in non league football

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's what the reserve league set up fulfilled.  Playing against a higher level of player in most cases as well. 

needs to be resurrected as say an u21 league with 5 overage players allowed to cover all bases.

Nae need for Colt teams playing in non league football

Agree, you hear of players playing in this system before and the buzz the youth players get out of playing alongside first team players coming back from injury. It also benefits the first team rotated players as it gives them game time. Cant be easy to tell how a outstanding youth prospect would get on in first team when he isn't tested against men on a regular basis. Seeing them in training cant be an accurate representation.   

31 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Trojan horse

Sadly I agree. The day the Colt Teams are allowed in will be the day I finish with Scottish football. 

Don't imagine I will be the only one. Hopefully clubs will listen to fans and vote it down.