Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

On 4/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, JamieMT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lancelot-pollard-eyed-rangers-transfer-26779103

Hadn't heard of the lad, hopefully he goes on to sign a pro-contract with Aberdeen. If not, destination anywhere but Ibrox please.

He won't sign for Aberdeen. He's not been at Aberdeen since last year, club couldn't have done anymore to accommodate their situation, think Stephen Glass even spoke to him. I heard the parents asked for him to train with the first team. A very skilful footballer who gets bullied at his own age group, so fuck knows how they thought he could train at that level at his age and height.

The U16's won 3-1 at Hearts yesterday, a hat trick by Lewis Pirie, a very good prospect imo. Think the U16's are pretty much top of their league and have 4 or 5 boys involved with Scotland, promising.

20 minutes ago, RUL said:

He won't sign for Aberdeen. He's not been at Aberdeen since last year, club couldn't have done anymore to accommodate their situation, think Stephen Glass even spoke to him. I heard the parents asked for him to train with the first team. A very skilful footballer who gets bullied at his own age group, so fuck knows how they thought he could train at that level at his age and height.

The U16's won 3-1 at Hearts yesterday, a hat trick by Lewis Pirie, a very good prospect imo. Think the U16's are pretty much top of their league and have 4 or 5 boys involved with Scotland, promising.

My mates loon - scores some amount of goals.  He's still young enough to play for the u15's and has played with the u18's a few times

5 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Tremendous result for the U18's last night with a battling away win against league leaders and likely champions Hibs despite being a very young team again who were 2-3 years younger and much smaller than their opponents. Well done to the youngsters.  

Brilliant result and some bottle by sounds of it.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Got a feeling that Ryan Duncan might be a wee godsend for us. 

Done well by all accounts at Peterhead, thought I'd seen fokl saying he'd be playing in the number 10 role, so be good to see him in behind whoever players up front for us next season

19 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Done well by all accounts at Peterhead, thought I'd seen fokl saying he'd be playing in the number 10 role, so be good to see him in behind whoever players up front for us next season

Aye. I noticed he said in his interview on the club site he preferred right wing but I'm sure he'd be happy to get a game at 10 if offered. 

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

What about Kevin Hanratty and Mason Hancock min?

I take it they'll be back after their stints out on loan.

They’re nae there tonight, min 

Ryan Duncan looks the real deal, terrific player to watch, glides across the turf. Played on the right of midfield, cutting in.

Evan Towler looks composed at left back, moved to right centre half after 75 mins

The two centre mids, Finn Yates and Dylan Lobban, equally so.

Had a yap with Fraser Fyvie. Asked him about Lancelot Pollard, what the scoop was, given he coaches the U14s. Refused to comment, lips sealed.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Ryan Duncan looks the real deal, terrific player to watch, glides across the turf. Played on the right of midfield, cutting in.

I know it's hard to compare, and the step up to first team at SPL level is a big one... but from what you've seen how does he compare to someone like Scott Wright when he was on the verge of the first team? I remember watching a lot of the highlights of the youth team on RedTV thinking Wright looked the real deal and was very similar to what you describe - the pace, ability to go past players etc.

13 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I know it's hard to compare, and the step up to first team at SPL level is a big one... but from what you've seen how does he compare to someone like Scott Wright when he was on the verge of the first team? I remember watching a lot of the highlights of the youth team on RedTV thinking Wright looked the real deal and was very similar to what you describe - the pace, ability to go past players etc.

Duncan is a big loon, will easily handle the physical side of 1st team football. His style reminds me more of Ryan Christie than Scott Wright, but with a better work rate; tracks back etc. 

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Duncan is a big loon, will easily handle the physical side of 1st team football. His style reminds me more of Ryan Christie than Scott Wright, but with a better work rate; tracks back etc. 

Sounds promising, I've only seen a few clips of him. Hopefully make the step up next season.

35 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Handy as that’s exactly what we need! Can’t wait to see him in first team. Very highly rated! 

23 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye, heard good reports about him.

If the stories from the management are true then I'm looking forward the influx of youth (of those ready) into the first team squad.

The laddie Towler supposed to be good too.

Just what the club needs, a batch coming through.  Anything resembling the group that came through in the early nineties would be a real unifying force amongst the support.