Bruce Anderson

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

It's no coincidence that he's doing well as he's getting played in a front 2 alongside a bigger, physical type striker.

McInnes prefers to play one up front. Usually a big old unit but if injury precluded he would stick Anderson in and generally he was useless as a lone striker. 

It's for the best all round that he's now with Hamilton and able to put himself in the shop window for a contract next season. Ideally at another SPL club as then we would be due a development payment 

Only if we offer him a new contract on equal or better terms than what hes currently on. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s too much risk playing young players unless they are very good. It’s a cliche but football is a results business and managers will stick to players they know they can rely on.

Ngwenya looked like a headless chicken when he came on against County and we lost yet people complain that we don’t give youth a try.

The fact is we don’t really have any good prospects coming through the ranks but that’s an issue for Scottish football in general. The whole thing needs overhauled from the ground up but that’s a whole different matter.

Anything to deflect away from McInnes/club blame eh

• Dildo 1
16 hours ago, Poodler said:

Dinna quite understand how Bruce has found his level when he's playing in the same league as us with players who are 'on paper' worse than ours.

It's further egg on the disgusting face of our manager who has clearly mismanaged him. 

Shows that he's a good player, especially when he's played in a formation which suits his style of play, unlike how we just aimleslly lump balls up to a striker and hope

17 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s too much risk playing young players unless they are very good. It’s a cliche but football is a results business and managers will stick to players they know they can rely on.

Ngwenya looked like a headless chicken when he came on against County and we lost yet people complain that we don’t give youth a try.

The fact is we don’t really have any good prospects coming through the ranks but that’s an issue for Scottish football in general. The whole thing needs overhauled from the ground up but that’s a whole different matter.

The manager and the players he can rely on are failing miserably right now.

DMC has been here for over 8 years now, I would assume that he would have a major say in youth development.

So not only has the quality of football, recruitment and results tanked over the last 3 years under his watch, the youth development has stalled as well despite an expensive purpose built training ground.

3 hours ago, davieb said:

Seems like a good example of player mis-management

Oh he was definitely mismanaged here however I don't think he helped himself but looks to have corrected that and is now enjoying a really good spell, it does help that Hamilton are playing to his strengths and not sticking him out on the wing.

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Let’s not re-write history.

As for his goal tonight, it was going wide until it hit someone’s arse on the way in. 

That makes no sense TWICE

re write history? What history being re-written?

ball going wide but on way IN it hits someone’s arse

?

fkn melt. You actually want him to fail as well

• Dildo 1
13 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That makes no sense TWICE

re write history? What history being re-written?

ball going wide but on way IN it hits someone’s arse

?

fkn melt. You actually want him to fail as well

I want him to fail?

How do you know that, you arsehole?

Of course I don’t. 

As for “the melt” comment, have a look in the mirror 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I want him to fail?

How do you know that, you arsehole?

Of course I don’t. 

As for “the melt” comment, have a look in the mirror 

Your comments clearly lend more in support of McInnes than Anderson in terms of the subject in hand.

So yes, the impression you give is to discredit Anderson & defend McInnes 

still, your comments made zero sense TWICE

6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Anderson now playing with allegedly poorer players but now performing and putting the ball in the net, playing off a big striker and doing well. Hope the lad keeps scoring and gets a good move for next season

Sometimes it's just about being in the right environment at the right time. 

Makes you wonder why he didn't perform at Ayr though eh?  Tactics? Attitude? 

8 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Anderson now playing with allegedly poorer players but now performing and putting the ball in the net, playing off a big striker and doing well. Hope the lad keeps scoring and gets a good move for next season

When do we have to offer a new contract by? Even if only to trigger the compensation/development  clause 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Sometimes it's just about being in the right environment at the right time. 

Makes you wonder why he didn't perform at Ayr though eh?  Tactics? Attitude? 

One of the players said on RedTv the other week that he was performing great in training & scoring all sorts of goals. 
So if it was an attitude thing then it was more likely from Mcinnes &/or (in part Anderson) if he was not playing Mcinnes’s defensive strategy 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

One of the players said on RedTv the other week that he was performing great in training & scoring all sorts of goals. 
So if it was an attitude thing then it was more likely from Mcinnes &/or (in part Anderson) if he was not playing Mcinnes’s defensive strategy 

I think it's clear that Bruce and McInnes just don't get on. 

I was talking about his time at Ayr though f and d.  By all accounts he was poor there.