Bruce Anderson

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yet at (arguably) a similar level in the reserves he was fine enough. Maybe because tactics suited better

I'd say championship is a higher level than the reserves. 

I watched Ayr against Hearts and they played 4-2-3-1 with Cammy Smith in the middle of the three.  But they played it on the floor for the most part and tried to keep possession. 

Let’s be clear. I am still not saying Anderson is great (or bad like so many have been) I genuinely am only saying he has never been given any kind of fair chance under Mcinnes & Mcinnes has definitely favoured complete shite players over him constantly in a desperate attempt to justify his signing of them rather than allowing Anderson any kind of decent chance to prove himself 

• Upvote 4
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Let’s be clear. I am still not saying Anderson is great (or bad like so many have been) I genuinely am only saying he has never been given any kind of fair chance under Mcinnes & Mcinnes has definitely favoured complete shite players over him constantly in a desperate attempt to justify his signing of them rather than allowing Anderson any kind of decent chance to prove himself 

That’s probably one of your finest posts. Respect.

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Before this season Wright was in the same boat with Mcinnes really in and out, lots of bench time

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Before this season Wright was in the same boat with Mcinnes really in and out, lots of bench time

You look at his appearance stats & it doesn’t look bad but if you actually look at the times & circumstances around the vast majority of those appearances & you see how poorly he has been treated (imo)

Even that start he got in Hearts game by Mcinnes  a while back (after he scored week before & was basically forced to play him) he still got hung out to dry (tactically) even though he did nothing wrong in game & got in good positions.

To his credit though, it was the one time I remember  he stuck up for Anderson post match & said he was basically fighting a losing battle. Didn’t stop him dropping him again next game though. Like I say. Poorly managed/developed by Mcinnes 

Here's the thing though...

We're potentially about to lose a talent that cost us nothing but could, under the right manager, be sold for McKenna/Cosgrove amounts of cash... It's utter fucking negligence of McInnes (again) to let this boy go... If he's screaming out for funds stop being a useless c*nt and develop players to sell... It's entirely probable Bruce would thrive under a new manager...

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, dj_bollocks said:

Here's the thing though...

We're potentially about to lose a talent that cost us nothing but could, under the right manager, be sold for McKenna/Cosgrove amounts of cash... It's utter fucking negligence of McInnes (again) to let this boy go... If he's screaming out for funds stop being a useless c*nt and develop players to sell... It's entirely probable Bruce would thrive under a new manager...

Don't think McInnes possesses the skill set to develop players.

7 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Did something none of our strikers looked capable of doing at the weekend!

Is it too early to force some humble pie down the throats of the experts who said Anderson isn't good enough for this level?  

Not at all. Open up DM

12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

This. Anderson has rarely been given multiple starts in a row. At best he gets 20 mins off the bench and we play tactics which don't suit him at all (aimlessly lumping balls up to him which any half decent CB wins more often than not)

It's a classic of McInnes, always will keep playing his duds to prove he can get a tune out of them (Stewart, Main, Ojo). Can easily see Anderson leaving us and showing up how badly McInnes's couldnt use him

6 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Did something none of our strikers looked capable of doing at the weekend!

Is it too early to force some humble pie down the throats of the experts who said Anderson isn't good enough for this level?  

Not really.

He isn't good enough to play as the lone striker if that is a team's preferred system. And don't forget he totally bombed at Ayr which is a level beneath the SPL.

He MIGHT be good enough if he is played as part of a front two. But I'd suggest he needs to show the form he has shown at Hamilton until the end of the season to say if he really is good enough to play at the top level in Scotland. I hope he does but I'm not convinced he will

One week - "aNdErSoN iS sHiTe, hE wOuLdNt gEt a gAmE fOr cOvE"

the next - "I can't believe we've let Anderson go, McInnes doesn't know what he's doing"

There's a reason Anderson isn't getting game time at Aberdeen. Whether it's because he's shite, or it's his attitude or he's not doing it in the training.

Let's not kid ourselves that he's a wonderkid like Mbappe, he's scored two goals for Hamilton after a couple of really poor loan spells in the lower leagues. I really hope that he's the next Eric Black or Mark McGhee for Aberdeen, but I suspect there's something not quite right with Anderson at Aberdeen. 

I can't think of any player that we've let go who has come back to bite us, and anyone who says Shankland needs to remember he's plying his trade at Dundee United right now, hardly playing for Man City.

edit - cheers for the Dildo Bruce. 

• Dildo 4
34 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

There's a reason Anderson isn't getting game time at Aberdeen. Whether it's because he's shite, or it's his attitude or he's not doing it in the training.

Or because our manager is a stubborn fuck who until very recently wouldn't play two strikers

6 minutes ago, NEM said:

Or because our manager is a stubborn fuck who until very recently wouldn't play two strikers

That doesn't explain why he was shite at Ayr and Dunfermline, not starting a lot of games and scoring very few goals in the lower leagues.

I don't know where this myth that Anderson is a great striker comes from. Is it because he scored a goal against the Huns? 

• Dildo 1
35 minutes ago, NEM said:

Scored 5 in 14 at Dunfermline - hardly a disaster.  

There could be a host of reasons he was "shite at Ayr".  Scott McKenna was "shite at Ayr" was he not?

There could be a host of reasons why he wasn't getting game time at Aberdeen. ?‍♂️ .

Pretty damning that when we had no strikers available a few weeks ago, he decided to play McLennan up top instead of Anderson.