Bruce Anderson

4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

He's scored 2 less than Ramirez in all competitions. If he was here he would still be playing understudy to Ramirez and wouldn't be anywhere near the 13 goals he is on from a decent run in the Livi team. Good for him. We move on. 

True but it is just a bit of a shame to get rid of a local boy and replace him with someone on far more money who is no better. Doubt anyone, including myself, would have been too thrilled by the prospect of handing Anderson the number 9 shirt at the start of the season though! 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

True but it is just a bit of a shame to get rid of a local boy and replace him with someone on far more money who is no better. Doubt anyone, including myself, would have been too thrilled by the prospect of handing Anderson the number 9 shirt at the start of the season though! 

I could have gotten behind him if they got him or any striker the service. I've been an advovate for playing youth over vet scrubs. But tbf they got the striker position right this season

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Getting rid of him and replacing him with JET has been up there with one of the worst transfer dealings of recent years (decade).

JET has undeniable talent, and it falls on management to motivate him and get him fit. 

When he's come on as sub recently he's actually played pretty well, but he looks way, way out of condition. 

He maybe needs a bit of sports psychology to accompany a boot up the arse, because there's a very good player in there who doesn't seem to appreciate the position he's in. 

15 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

JET has undeniable talent, and it falls on management to motivate him and get him fit. 

When he's come on as sub recently he's actually played pretty well, but he looks way, way out of condition. 

He maybe needs a bit of sports psychology to accompany a boot up the arse, because there's a very good player in there who doesn't seem to appreciate the position he's in. 

to be fair its fallen on every team/manager the guy has ever played for, he's just happy half arseing his way through life

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Ramirez has been good but he’s been more expensive and probably no better than Anderson. Could the money have been spent elsewhere? Hind sight though

Falls on him surely. Wonder how many managers he’s had at all these clubs 

Undeniable his lack of effort... a certain level of professionalism should be expected... but responsibility also falls on the club/manager choosing to sign the guy and allowing him to treat it like a hobby. 

3 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I could have gotten behind him if they got him or any striker the service. I've been an advovate for playing youth over vet scrubs. But tbf they got the striker position right this season

Ramirez has been good but he’s been more expensive and probably no better than Anderson. Could the money have been spent elsewhere? Hind sight though

3 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Falls on him surely. Wonder how many managers he’s had at all these clubs 

But he left after McInnes did. 

So he was either sick fed up anyway and wanted a fresh start or the offer from the club wasn't to his liking. 

Did we offer the minimum amount so we could retain a compensation fee?  If so then that would convince the boy once and for all that it was time to leave. 

Martindale telling him he'd be the main man there was probably the clincher imo. 

18 hours ago, Ke1t said:

He’s very talented. I think there were a few stories, from years ago where Arsenal Wenger said JET could be anything he wants…

Yet he’s had more clubs than Tiger Woods… and was playing in Thailand a couple of years ago. I think it’s too late for him. Can’t see him suddenly changing his mindset now… I don’t think he particularly cares!

10 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He’s very talented. I think there were a few stories, from years ago where Arsenal Wenger said JET could be anything he wants

Yet he’s had more clubs than Tiger Woods… and was playing in Thailand a couple of years ago. I think it’s too late for him. Can’t see him suddenly changing his mindset now… I don’t think he particularly cares!

Big Ron Atkinson would describe him perfectly.

• Haha 2