Bruce Anderson

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The goal last night was the managers fault. McCrorie went to press, Ferguson never, the centre backs are told to man mark, as is everyone else, so they didn't want to come meet a man that wasn't theirs.

That’s too simplistic a view. McCrorie was woefully out of position. Maybe the managers fault, maybe the players, but your hardly going to be successful pressing as an individual.

Ferguson backed off until he had to go over and close McGregor, as he did, he clearly pointed towards Turnbull to be picked up, which no-one did u til it was too late.

It was a great strike, driven in through a number of legs to delay Lewis’s site of it till later

33 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

That’s too simplistic a view. McCrorie was woefully out of position. Maybe the managers fault, maybe the players, but your hardly going to be successful pressing as an individual.

Ferguson backed off until he had to go over and close McGregor, as he did, he clearly pointed towards Turnbull to be picked up, which no-one did u til it was too late.

It was a great strike, driven in through a number of legs to delay Lewis’s site of it till later

Great goal, but how many times have you seen them slap one in from the edge of the box against us?

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The goal last night was the managers fault. McCrorie went to press, Ferguson never, the centre backs are told to man mark, as is everyone else, so they didn't want to come meet a man that wasn't theirs.

Canna count the amount of goals we've conceded against Celtic in similar fashion. One of their players getting the to roam the park before finding a pass or getting a shot away. 

All fine and well taking the positives from last night, cause there were some, but it was the same old shit, in the first 30 mins or so anyway. 

For all the positives, I don't think Scott Bain had a save to make. I can't remember a game during this run where a keeper has had to make a flying save against us. Joe has a few good stops to keep us in it. 

Saturday is a stick on 0-0, because it's an entirely different proposition to last night. Kilmarnock will sit in and make it tough, our wing backs will stay isolated, and we'll struggle to score. 

The difference could well be Kamberi, but I suggest he'll be marked out the game. 

Aye Kennedy and Hayes will be complete shit and bereft of any creativity. If Kamberi wants a goal he's going to have to do a halfway line mazy run himsel. 

like the nip did for Spurs.

• Downvote 1
8 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

the centre backs are told to man mark, as is everyone else, so they didn't want to come meet a man that wasn't theirs.

Canna count the amount of goals we've conceded against Celtic in similar fashion. One of their players getting the to roam the park before finding a pass or getting a shot away. 

Spot on. This has been happening for seasons v them. Normally its one of their centre halfs who waltzes up the pitch unchecked to deliver a pass/shot around our box. Mental DM cant stop this by now. Fucking terrible tactics. Inexcusable repeating it over and over. 

29 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Spot on. This has been happening for seasons v them. Normally its one of their centre halfs who waltzes up the pitch unchecked to deliver a pass/shot around our box. Mental DM cant stop this by now. Fucking terrible tactics. Inexcusable repeating it over and over. 

Tactics is a very loose term for what McInnes does against Celtic. 

9 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

All fine and well taking the positives from last night, cause there were some, but it was the same old shit, in the first 30 mins or so anyway. 

For all the positives, I don't think Scott Bain had a save to make. I can't remember a game during this run where a keeper has had to make a flying save against us. Joe has a few good stops to keep us in it. 

Saturday is a stick on 0-0, because it's an entirely different proposition to last night. Kilmarnock will sit in and make it tough, our wing backs will stay isolated, and we'll struggle to score. 

The difference could well be Kamberi, but I suggest he'll be marked out the game. 

Thanks for the clarification as I was beginning to think we won this game judging by some of the comments on here. Mcinnes hasn't learned any lessons with the way he sets up against the Tims. Remember the League cup final I think in 2016 when we got pumped 3-0 some of there players had the freedom of Hampden that day. I remember back to when Van Dijk strolling through our team and also Ajer has done it several times in lead up to goals. To me Mcinnes is so tactically inept in most games more so against the Tims, one of the few times he got it right was the 2017 SC Final where we really should have won but missed that great chance and ran out of steam, but really we haven't had a real go at them since. Wednesdays Tims team is also a shadow of the team they had back in 2017

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

The goal for a start. Slow as fuck to get out to the tim cunt.

The many misplaced passes.

He did have a good game but second best player behind Kamberi is wow.

I actually said "probably" because I recall Taylor making a few interceptions and blocks. Who was even close to Kamberi? Midfielders not pressing cost the goal, wingers were average. 2 alright saves from big Joe so yes IN MY OPINION Taylor was 2nd best to Kamberi.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Imagine yourself at a team blackboard.  Derek is explaining to his midfield 4 how he wants them to match up to Celtics.  All looks very good, clear and crucially very static.

All that happens is Celtic move their 4, rotate it, our press falls apart because no one was listening if they’re man marking or zonal, chuck in for 5 years Brown deliberately being a tit so at least 2 of ours chase off after him trying to kick him and lo, half of Parkhead frees itself to their runner which of course our defence back off to the 6 Yd box

Over and over and over.

And worse the Huns now do it too.  

3 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

I feel wanted, I’ve never felt that before!

says Anderson about his move to Hamilton. Another player leaving and possibly looking not to return, we are at the back of his mind??

interesting times at Afc

Just confirming what we already knew, McInnes doesn't like him.

I've heard he's pretty fond of a drink, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear his attitude isn't great, but he isn't 6ft + so he wouldn't have been getting much of a chance under McInnes anyway.

• Dildo 1
20 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Just confirming what we already knew, McInnes doesn't like him.

I've heard he's pretty fond of a drink, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear his attitude isn't great, but he isn't 6ft + so he wouldn't have been getting much of a chance under McInnes anyway.

Aye I used to work in hospitality and would always hear through folk I knew that he would be out, that being said McGinn was almost always in NOX every Saturday night and Cosgrove also loved a drink too.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:20 AM, The Gee Man said:

I feel wanted, I’ve never felt that before!

says Anderson about his move to Hamilton. Another player leaving and possibly looking not to return, we are at the back of his mind??

interesting times at Afc

Guess he never "felt wanted" at Ayr on loan either? Just happened to be shit for them too.

Best of luck to him at Hamilton but if he has zero self motivation unless hes being cuddled by his manager it doesnt say much for his attitude or mentality!

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

Heard that there was little chance of him singing a new contract some time ago and who could blame him. That being said it’s probably a little bit early to say if he’s going to be a success at Hamilton but certainly getting good reviews thus far. Hope he goes on to make it at a decent level. 

Well he was easily getting a free transfer a few weeks ago but his turnaround might fuck him a bit for this summer as Aberdeen hold all the cards.

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Well he was easily getting a free transfer a few weeks ago but his turnaround might fuck him a bit for this summer as Aberdeen hold all the cards.

He’s out of contract is he not? Or do you mean in terms of development fee we hold the cards as it’s unlikely anyone will pay a few 100k for him? 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No point doing that unless we are planning to play him. 

We won't find a single team in Scotland willing to pay that kind of money for him. 

No but it gives us the negotiating stance. £50k was a result a month ago. Maybe we can get nearer the £100k if he scores a couple.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I think we only hold the cards if we offer him a better deal than the one he’s on currently. Not sure if there’s a time limit on doing that either