Ryan Hedges

We can't let this lad leave for free next summer.

Please get him on a new contract or very reluctantly try to drum up some interest in the english championship for a deadline day move down south.

I'd love him to stay on but we must do the best we can trading players. We'd have mo hassle affording players like McGrath, Kerr, McCart etc if we optimised our selling of players

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Please get him on a new contract or very reluctantly try to drum up some interest in the english championship for a deadline day move down south.

I'd love him to stay on but we must do the best we can trading players. We'd have mo hassle affording players like McGrath, Kerr, McCart etc if we optimised our selling of players

If he doesn't sign I'd keep him for the season rather than push him out the door for a bit of cash. I think we need him. 

At the end of the day we got him for nothing so if he leaves for nothing after a really good season this year I'd have no hard feelings. 

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If he doesn't sign I'd keep him for the season rather than push him out the door for a bit of cash. I think we need him. 

At the end of the day we got him for nothing so if he leaves for nothing after a really good season this year I'd have no hard feelings. 

That's the Mcinnes and Milne approach. If we want to improve unfortunately we need to stop losing players who can move to equal/higher level for free. It doesnt need to start immediately but it needs to change if we want to improve.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's the Mcinnes and Milne approach. If we want to improve unfortunately we need to stop losing players who can move to equal/higher level for free. It doesnt need to start immediately but it needs to change if we want to improve.

I don't think it is. 

There are some players that are developed to be sold 

There are others that come in for a while and move on. 

You can't always take the same approach. Especially when it means you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.  I don't think we'd get offered enough to make it worth the risk of selling him.  Let's say we got offered 500k? I'd rather keep him.  He's a game changer and we don't have an abundance of them,  at least not yet 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think it is. 

There are some players that are developed to be sold 

There are others that come in for a while and move on. 

You can't always take the same approach. Especially when it means you are cutting your nose off to spite your face.  I don't think we'd get offered enough to make it worth the risk of selling him.  Let's say we got offered 500k? I'd rather keep him. 

Yes i'd have £1m in mind for this window as he'd still be worth £300k or so in the January window so its certainly not worth accepting £500k.

Would be very very surprised if anyone offered close to 500k for him this window so I assume he’ll be here for at least this season. 

he’s only had about 4 good months out of 2 seasons so I don’t think he’s done enough to get teams interested. But I think we can all see he’s a very good player. I reckon he’ll be away for nothing at the end 

Just now, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Would be very very surprised if anyone offered close to 500k for him this window so I assume he’ll be here for at least this season. 

he’s only had about 4 good months out of 2 seasons so I don’t think he’s done enough to get teams interested. But I think we can all see he’s a very good player. I reckon he’ll be away for nothing at the end 

Aye me too. 

It's one thing accepting 3m for McKenna and 2m for Cosgrove or whatever it was. 

It's another thing accepting a few hundred grand for Hedges just because he's in his last year 

The former Is good business sense. The latter isn't. 

1 minute ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Why are you obsessed with Aberdeen selling their best players. Might it be an idea to hang onto them as long we can ?

I assume it’s because we’ve had several good players like Kenny McLean, Graeme Shinnie & ryan Jack and let them all leave for nothing. We’ve then replaced them with shit players like Greg tansey, gleeson & forrester 

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I assume it’s because we’ve had several good players like Kenny McLean, Graeme Shinnie & ryan Jack and let them all leave for nothing. We’ve then replaced them with shit players like Greg tansey, gleeson & forrester 

Well if Mr Shiny teeth has a bit of money surely there is an argument for keeping our better players and trying to win something rather than working out how much money we might get for them and replacing them with potentially worse players. 

Really why should we give a fuck about how much money we are getting for Ferguson for example if we are not going to replace him with someone equally as good ?

• Dildo 1
23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What about 900k?

Banter....But i'll entertain the comment.

Aye i'd sell him. 

I don't particularly like McGrath but we cant afford him at the moment, and allegedly, the management team do so they could get him.

Boyle is apparently £500k so that would be a no brainer and give dough for a whacking signing on fee

21 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Why are you obsessed with Aberdeen selling their best players. Might it be an idea to hang onto them as long we can ?

Because if we want to achieve our stated objective - to become a top 100 uefa club then it'll start to become easier if we can increase the playing budget every year.

The playing budget can be increased every year when we start to trust ourselves that we will be selling players every year or two.

The McInnes mentality of collecting £600k in total for Shinnie, McLean, McGinn, Jack and Hayes has to stop. These are all quality full international players. 

Kenny McLean is a £5m player and I doubt Jack is far behind that.

It's not about selling our best players it is about developing a strategy where we are taking in revenue often enough to feel comfortable we can add £1m, then £2m on to the yearly player budget. £2m aye thats £40,000/week. Thats game changing. Why the fuck dont you want to sell Ryan Jack, Kenny McLean etc

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Obviously  on his day one of are best players .

Let's just try and get him resigned 

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Banter....But i'll entertain the comment.

Aye i'd sell him. 

I don't particularly like McGrath but we cant afford him at the moment, and allegedly, the management team do so they could get him.

Boyle is apparently £500k so that would be a no brainer and give dough for a whacking signing on fee

Again . Same point why on earth would you want to sell one of our best players. It’s not your money.

Just now, Kilgore Trout said:

Again . Same point why on earth would you want to sell one of our best players. It’s not your money.

Answered above hopefully we must start taking a new income stream that allows us to confidently increase the playing budget because weve developed a track record of trading players

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Answered above hopefully we must start taking a new income stream that allows us to confidently increase the playing budget because weve developed a track record of trading players

The timing and the money has got to be right though Tord. 

And you have to either have a player in your squad to step up or someone identified to come in that you can afford that can potentially do the same or better job. 

You've also got to look at the bigger picture in terms of the rest of the team/squad.   Ferguson is highly likely to leave and if he does we'll get decent money. 

How much of that the manager gets to spend on the squad is also a consideration. 

If you get 3m for Ferguson do you still want to sell Hedges for half a million in the same window?  How big a risk is it for us to lose both of them at the same time? 

There's lots fo factors to consider. It's not as simple as saying if you don't sign we'll flog you for whatever we get. There's lots of other moving parts as well. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The timing and the money has got to be right though Tord. 

And you have to either have a player in your squad to step up or someone identified to come in that you can afford that can potentially do the same or better job. 

You've also got to look at the bigger picture in terms of the rest of the team/squad.   Ferguson is highly likely to leave and if he does we'll get decent money. 

How much of that the manager gets to spend on the squad is also a consideration. 

If you get 3m for Ferguson do you still want to sell Hedges for half a million in the same window?  How big a risk is it for us to lose both of them at the same time? 

There's lots fo factors to consider. It's not as simple as saying if you don't sign we'll flog you for whatever we get. There's lots of other moving parts as well. 

I would agree i'm not selling both.

Covid is a lot of the problem for the last 18 months and I do believe the club has woken up to the value (for increasing the playing budget and hence better player and better team) of actively trading players.

In other news I think £250k is a good deal for Ethan Ross. We need to be selling more players at that age group too. Lots will be exceptional at 19 and going part time by 22.

I'm not wanting to actively sell anyone just putting it out there that increasing revenues means that we can increase spending which if you have the right recruitment team and manager in place means the team is getting better

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I would agree i'm not selling both.

Covid is a lot of the problem for the last 18 months and I do believe the club has woken up to the value (for increasing the playing budget and hence better player and better team) of actively trading players.

In other news I think £250k is a good deal for Ethan Ross. We need to be selling more players at that age group too. Lots will be exceptional at 19 and going part time by 22.

I'm not wanting to actively sell anyone just putting it out there that increasing revenues means that we can increase spending which if you have the right recruitment team and manager in place means the team is getting better

Its not your money. I would like to see the best team on the park for as long as possible. If you don’t have inside knowledge as to the finances re players in and out and what Cormck is prepared to spend you really are coming across as a big of a fud 

3 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Apologies for the spelling mistakes Few beers but you really are tiresome man 

haha my man. We can aspire to better players than we have. I'm hopeful under Cormack thats what we are going for. Dont be scared of changing the players.

... and that's all coming from Derek McInnes biggest fan. I would never go in to a tie against Hacken with two strikers and two centre backs.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

haha my man. We can aspire to better players than we have. I'm hopeful under Cormack thats what we are going for. Dont be scared of changing the players.

... and that's all coming from Derek McInnes biggest fan. I would never go in to a tie against Hacken with two strikers and two centre backs.

Good man. I stuck up for the prick on Ab mad far longer than I should have let’s hope we are in for something better this season . You never know! 

9 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I’m with @Tord31 on this one, if he isn’t signing a new deal he needs to be sold. No point keeping him for a season and letting him walk for free, get a fee for him and reinvest that money on a new player who can hopefully stop the cycle and gets sold for a profit

Has he no signed up for the next 3 years . That’s the whole point of the club signing him for that length of time. Just picture him bossing the midfield against the Tim’s and the Huns and stop worrying about Cormacks bank balance !

6 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Has he no signed up for the next 3 years . That’s the whole point of the club signing him for that length of time. Just picture him bossing the midfield against the Tim’s and the Huns and stop worrying about Cormacks bank balance !

Until January, to then sign a pre with either and stop playing well and putting in no effort as he won’t be here come next season. 

I couldn’t care less about Cormack’s bank balance, I want Aberdeen signing the best players possible and then not allowing them to walk out the door for fuck all. 

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

The McInnes mentality of collecting £600k in total for Shinnie, McLean, McGinn, Jack and Hayes has to stop. These are all quality full international players. 

Kenny McLean is a £5m player and I doubt Jack is far behind that.

We got a lot more than £600k for McLean & Hayes.

Jack’s value is nowhere near £5m. 

9 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Its not your money. I would like to see the best team on the park for as long as possible. If you don’t have inside knowledge as to the finances re players in and out and what Cormck is prepared to spend you really are coming across as a big of a fud 

Tord is thinking long term. 

build revenue then we can afford better players. If you just keep all your best players, like mckenna and cosgrove, then eventually they will leave for nothing. And that’s 5 million down the drain.