Ryan Hedges

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

You mean when they bought Wright and we all said stupid cunts, bought the wrong one (pre injury)

Well, some on here said that Huns or Celtic might try to pick up Wright as a squad player and were laughed at. 

Hopefully he goes to England but you never know. He's a decent freebie for any team in Scotland. 

54 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If SEVCO come calling, Hedges will go.

Folk were saying the same about Shinnie and McLean. Its getting to the point that any of our half decent players that are coming up to contract expiry are being lazily touted that they will go to them.

56 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My guess is he’ll end up in England 

That would be my likely guess too.

There are plenty of teams that could do with Hedges

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Wright nae getting much game time for them either

He doesn't start every game but he's getting far more game time than I thought he would. 

Everyone knows that sevco need to balance the books, especially since they got papped out of the Champions League far earlier than they hoped/expected. One of their assets is Kunt. I can see them cashing in on him in January and attempting to replace him by offering us a pittance for Hedges.

5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Folk were saying the same about Shinnie and McLean. Its getting to the point that any of our half decent players that are coming up to contract expiry are being lazily touted that they will go to them.

That would be my likely guess too.

There are plenty of teams that could do with Hedges

Understandable assumptions to make as the arse cheeks always think that if they want any of our decent players they will get them. Especially in cases where players are coming to end of contract situations where they can sign on pre’s & get them for minimal fees. They also have media on their side to assist them in this.

Different story for players such as McKenna that had decent length contracts & they would have to pay going (full)  rate.

I think either of the arse cheeks would show interest in Hedges on a pre (then minimal fee) much like they did with Wright.

Hedges being on fringes of Wales’s squad (when fit) is a no lose profit making signing for small fee for them. As they can inflate his value then through their usual BS media leaks once he’s had a couple of decent games for them

Sevco could guarantee European football, maybe even CL games.

IF they were interested, I'm sure he'd consider them seriously.

Then again, the rest of the time he'd be up against the kind of soul destroying shite that is most of the SPFL's clubs.

I suppose it would be a test of whether he has a soul or not.

No right-minded human would go to Ibrox if they had other financially similar options outside of Scotland.

8 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Understandable assumptions to make as the arse cheeks always think that if they want any of our decent players they will get them. Especially in cases where players are coming to end of contract situations where they can sign on pre’s & get them for minimal fees. They also have media on their side to assist them in this.

Different story for players such as McKenna that had decent length contracts & they would have to pay going (full)  rate.

I think either of the arse cheeks would show interest in Hedges on a pre (then minimal fee) much like they did with Wright.

Hedges being on fringes of Wales’s squad (when fit) is a no lose profit making signing for small fee for them. As they can inflate his value then through their usual BS media leaks once he’s had a couple of decent games for them

Do you seriously believe that any pish the Scottish papers even get seen by the English clubs, let alone influence the fees they are prepared to pay?

10 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I don’t really get it with Hedges. He’s been here over 2 years now but has only really had a 6 month run of form. 

I reckon he’ll run his contract down but not get as much interest as he’s hoping for. He’ll end up at a top end league 1 team

Completely agree.  I'd have taken 500k for him, given that he's away in the summer.

54 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Completely agree.  I'd have taken 500k for him, given that he's away in the summer.

Unfortunately that ship has sailed

Doubtless we will get derisory offers of around £100k in January for him but I hope we tell Hedges he's being held to his contract ends. We might end up with an unhappy player on our books but if he wants to land himself a club back south next summer he'll have to keep on performing to a decent level, otherwise the clubs interested might be Bradford rather than Blackburn or Mansfield rather than Middlesbrough

31 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Unfortunately that ship has sailed

Doubtless we will get derisory offers of around £100k in January for him but I hope we tell Hedges he's being held to his contract ends. We might end up with an unhappy player on our books but if he wants to land himself a club back south next summer he'll have to keep on performing to a decent level, otherwise the clubs interested might be Bradford rather than Blackburn or Mansfield rather than Middlesbrough

Below is the prize money given to premier league clubs (taken from the SPFL website 2019/20 season)

1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Hedges if he stays fit, realistically could well be the difference between finishing 3rd and 6th.

That's circa £500k in prize money alone, add in the differences in attendances with a team challenging at the top instead mid table, selling Hedges for any 6 figure sum would not have made sense.

7 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Below is the prize money given to premier league clubs (taken from the SPFL website 2019/20 season)

1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000 
2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000 
3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500 
4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500 
5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500 
6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500 
7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500 
8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000 
9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500 
10th -5.00% - £1,250,000 
11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500 
12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000 

Hedges if he stays fit, realistically could well be the difference between finishing 3rd and 6th.

That's circa £500k in prize money alone, add in the differences in attendances with a team challenging at the top instead mid table, selling Hedges for any 6 figure sum would not have made sense.

We won’t be anywhere  near 6th even if hedges misses rest of season. We may not be fighting for title like people think we should be but I I’d be shocked if we finished worse than 4th. We were absolutely terrible for half the season last season and still finished 4th. We have more than enough to win 40% of our games. 

• Upvote 1

Ideally we would have sold him for a decent sum if he doesn't want to stay. 

But since we had no one in the squad to replace him and the bid came late in the window making it difficult to find a replacement I think the club made the right decision. 

No need to cut your nose off to spite your face.  We're talking about a few hundred grand, not a few million. 

Hopefully the succession planning is better in future. 

3 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Disappointed if he doesn't sign on he is decent player

However if he goes he can be replaced 

But there's still time to convince him by  actually playing the guy from the start of each game

Cameo  appearances and then I sure he will decide to move on

I’m not sure he’s as good as we think. He hit a purple patch alongside Wright but has never been same player since. I think he can be replaced.