Ryan Hedges

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agree he's frustrating and injury prone. 

But unless we get someone in to replace him the folk saying we won't miss him are in for a shock second half of this season. 

Short memories.  Remember how pish we were the last time he was out injured. 

Not saying you are wrong but…. Remember how pish we’ve been the last 6 months? 

i think we are shite whether he’s here or not at the moment so feel quite indifferent 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I'm not saying we're great with him in the team but he's far better than the alternatives 

He is better but we’re still achieving absolutely nothing with him there and he wasn’t doing very much. I’m not convinced it could be any worse. Stick half fit Considine in his position and the result will be no worse…. That’s how shite we are just now 

200K is nothing for Welsh international albeit he has been out of thier squad for a while

welsh international. He’s got 3 caps and I don’t think any were during his time with us

Goes with my best wishes.

Has been good for us and vice versa without being a superstar.

Have probably spent the fee on our signing from The Netherlands who now has a chance to impress and kick on.

No idea regards add ons, but could see the fee doubling if Blackburn were promoted, and would be a drop in the ocean to them.

never seemed one to rock the boat. Fair play to the loon.

7 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I wish Hedges well. Not bitter at all to see him go. Certainly wish him a far better future in football than his wee bumchum Wright.

Most likely the fee will go towards a loan signing or release fee for a precontract player. Maybe Cooke for example 

I liked the player as he was very decent on his day. I am glad he is away though as we need as much money as we can gather to fund our healthcare bills. The DNA funds can keep the likes of Dean Campbell and Connor McLennan types well kitted out and coached for the future.

Hope Teddy Jenks has given him a lift down to Blackburn and his Fiat500 has now completely overheated due to major engine damage. It’s a closer walk to Brighton than it is to Aberdeen.

Good luck Ryan Hedges at Blackburn and even better luck to Teddy Jenks heading to Brighton.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

If Blackburn go up there may be a chance he ends up there on loan next season. He's certainly not good enough to play in the EPL

They must think he is or they wouldn’t of signed him on a three and a half year deal. 

Or maybe your conditioned to think it’s the best league ever to 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I liked Hedges other than his erstwhile hair band and wish him well.

He was decent for us but if he wants away then its best to get rid.

Quite surprised at the low 200k which is being mentioned.  As others have said I would hope there are 'add ons' in the contract.

He was dung 

DUNG

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I liked Hedges other than his erstwhile hair band and wish him well.

He was decent for us but if he wants away then its best to get rid.

Quite surprised at the low 200k which is being mentioned.  As others have said I would hope there are 'add ons' in the contract.

Why were you surprised at £200k?

There were some on here reckoning we should be asking £500k plus to let him go. Totally unrealistic with 5 months to go on his contract...only 3 and a half of which he would actually have been playing for

I'm still of the opinion that we shouldn't have let him go as our squad is so thin but he quite obviously wanted to be at Blackburn and there was obviously a risk he might not try a leg had we forced him to stay....the club has done the pragmatic thing and taken a realistic fee when you look at it as £50k for each of the 4 months (rounded upwards)  he would have continued to play for us

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

There were some on here reckoning we should be asking £500k plus to let him go. Totally unrealistic with 5 months to go on his contract...only 3 and a half of which he would actually have been playing for

I'm still of the opinion that we shouldn't have let him go as our squad is so thin but he quite obviously wanted to be at Blackburn and there was obviously a risk he might not try a leg had we forced him to stay....the club has done the pragmatic thing and taken a realistic fee when you look at it as £50k for each of the 4 months (rounded upwards)  he would have continued to play for us

Exactly, that £50k per month could cover a very decent Loanee replacements wage alone plus we would still have Hedges wage left to pay another lesser quality/more gamble loan on top.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Me, for one.

I said £500K, or keep him.

£200K for now, but anyone know if it's possible to still get to £500K if Blackburn gain promotion?

Is another £300K realistic, or a pipe dream?

£200k plus wages gone is a good deal for a player that doesn’t want to be here & would likely have either downed tools or potentially gotten injured & even without either of those things only have given us about 4 more good games (around his ratio) for the remaining 16 league games is a perfectly fine deal. 

Up to the club to use said £200k + wages to replace with a better/more productive player for remainder of season. That really shouldn’t be difficult with one loan signing but would be very impressive if they get a player with potential sell on value to replace him on a permanent contract. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Up to the club to use said £200k + wages to replace with a better/more productive player for remainder of season. That really shouldn’t be difficult with one loan signing but would be very impressive if they get a player with potential sell on value to replace him on a permanent contract. 

I think we have spent the fee we are receiving for Hedges on the Dutch player (Vicente Besuijen). 
I certainly don’t see us splashing the cash on any further signings unless Davie Cormack and Steven Gunn have concluded they have made a Roger Hunt of this transfer window and somehow decide to help the only choice of manager (Glass) out.