Ryan Hedges

13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He can piss off and earn himself a better salary. He'll be fine at that level. Overall been a good free transfer signing, can't argue with that. Nowhere near as good as original Hayes or even GMS. Takes his place nicely in the table of declining wingers;

Hayes > GMS > Hedges > Kennedy

Wonder whos next

You may not have to wonder much longer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Sign, dinna sign but either way have the decency to let the club who currently pay your wages know your intentions so that we can make alternative arrangements as required. 

Too much fucking about

It’s the usual, players are pathetic he’s Welsh not Scottish if he wants to ply his trade back down south for more cash fine just have the balls to admit it. If I hear one more I love the fan’s blah blah I am talking to the club etc I will scream. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Having read it, sounds like Hedges' agent is letting his mouth run in an attempt to get any other teams that might be interested to increase their offers.

As I said a few days back, Hedges is definitely not EPL standard. Would Blackburn still want him if it was looking a distinct possibility they might get promoted? He'd be a sound investment for any side in the middle of the Championship as he wouldn't break the bank and on his day can be a matchwinner. But he's just far too inconsistent (and really just not good enough) to be of any use in the EPL

There’s a lot of EPL players that are not ‘EPL standard’ & this has been the case ever since it’s conception & over exaggerated glamour since. 

The fact that folk talk of ‘EPL standard’ in attempts to belittle individual players with such delusions is quite funny when you actually consider so many of the shite players that have played in it.

fk the EPL lol. There’s a few rich teams yes that Hedges would never get a sniff of but ffs ‘EPL standard’ ? like it is 100% packed full of superstars ?

oh & another thing.

Are Blackburn ‘EPL standard’ are Watford etc.?

EPL standard ? there are always at least 3 clubs (often more) that are not ‘EPL standard’ every single season but the worst three often help the other shite ones stay in as ‘EPL standard’ falsely. I say falsely but that gives ‘EPL standard’ more credit ?

So yes. Ryan Hedges to Blackburn is a ‘standard’ signing. Cheap & does a job in either championship or lower EPL. The get promoted then they make millions on millions anyway & are set for half dozen years to try get back in with the ‘EPL standard’ gods again another time ?

37 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Are all our players ‘Scottish premiership standard’ ? 
Are all the players currently plying their trade in the league ‘premiership standard’ 

Are any players currently in the championship & below actually ‘premiership standard’ ? 

Ach you may well have a point

I mean......you're an Abmad standard poster, but you've been plying your trade here for years.

• Haha 2

He’s a good player, who’s willing to carry the ball and break between the lines with pace. No one else does that in our time presently - if someone attempts it then it’s normally delayed, predictable and slow.

Yes, he’s inconsistent, but, even on his off days the opposition have to setup differently to limit him.

Martin Boyle is the only obvious replacement, and not obtainable now, in our league, which shows how difficult it is to find a maverick. He’ll be a loss.

spacer.png

Having come through the ranks with Swansea City, Hedges had loans with Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Yeovil Town, before settling permanently in Barnsley for 18 months.

During his time at Oakwell, the Wales international helped Barnsley finish 14th in 2016/17, before scoring twice the following season in a campaign that saw the Tykes relegated into League One.

Erm, glittering

4 hours ago, 1983 said:

He’s a good player, who’s willing to carry the ball and break between the lines with pace. No one else does that in our time presently - if someone attempts it then it’s normally delayed, predictable and slow.

Yes, he’s inconsistent, but, even on his off days the opposition have to setup differently to limit him.

Martin Boyle is the only obvious replacement, and not obtainable now, in our league, which shows how difficult it is to find a maverick. He’ll be a loss.

spacer.png

i was thinking Boyle could be back on now hibs have sacked their manager

The only reason Hedges will be missed is that we don’t have any other players who can run at the opposition and cause problems for them.  Hedges flatters to deceive and can’t be relied on to perform well consistently. But because he does play well occasionally , that’s enough to give the opponents cause for concern that he might have one of his better games. If Hedges is out or not playing well the opposition know that our open-play threat will be pretty much limited to trying to pass our way through them.

So when Hedges goes it’s absolutely imperative in my view that we get in at least one new player (preferably more than one) who can run at the opponents. 

16 hours ago, 1983 said:

spacer.png

According to the radio last night, boyle has no assists this season, so far...

19 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

There’s a lot of EPL players that are not ‘EPL standard’ & this has been the case ever since it’s conception & over exaggerated glamour since. 

The fact that folk talk of ‘EPL standard’ in attempts to belittle individual players with such delusions is quite funny when you actually consider so many of the shite players that have played in it.

fk the EPL lol. There’s a few rich teams yes that Hedges would never get a sniff of but ffs ‘EPL standard’ ? like it is 100% packed full of superstars ?

oh & another thing.

Are Blackburn ‘EPL standard’ are 

So yes. Ryan Hedges to Blackburn is a ‘standard’ signing. Cheap & does a job in either championship or lower EPL. The get promoted then they make millions on millions anyway & are set for half dozen years to try get back in with the ‘EPL standard’ gods again another time ?

First and only exhibit for the prosecution: Shane Duffy.

2 hours ago, redone said:

The only reason Hedges will be missed is that we don’t have any other players who can run at the opposition and cause problems for them.  Hedges flatters to deceive and can’t be relied on to perform well consistently. But because he does play well occasionally , that’s enough to give the opponents cause for concern that he might have one of his better games. If Hedges is out or not playing well the opposition know that our open-play threat will be pretty much limited to trying to pass our way through them.

So when Hedges goes it’s absolutely imperative in my view that we get in at least one new player (preferably more than one) who can run at the opponents. 

Aye, well put 

• 2 weeks later...