Ryan Hedges

If it’s free then it’s the end of this season.  If the snakes want him then he’s played well particularly against them.  If we still have him then we obviously haven’t had a decent offer for him so that’s irrelevant.

So don’t see the problem as long as he gives 100%, is decent (crucial) and isn’t keeping an exciting more committed prospect out (not aware of any).

• Dildo 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Maybe the club are working on it.

You'd like to think that surely one or two have been targeted to come in should Hedges reject the contract offer and we get an acceptable fee.  Hedges and Ferguson are absolutely in the high risk category to leave in the next few weeks. 

Rarely do these deals happen in isolation, there's normally a chain. A bit like buying and selling hooses. 

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

The "better replacement" shout is hilarious. If we could guarantee we could get a "better replacement" do you not think we would have sold him by now?

He's a horribly one footed player who in his time with us could barely get a game in the second half of his first season and who missed a fair old chunk of last season injured.

On his day he can be very good and right now he's the one player we have who does possess genuine pace but when he's off form he hides. 

If he signs a new contract....I'll be happy enough. But if we sell him or lose him to freedom of contract next summer, I'm convinced there are plenty of players of a similar standard. Remember when we signed him from Barnsley, he was mainly used off the bench. The teams supposedly interested in him.....Blackburn and Middlesbrough.....indicate he's no world beater.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

He's a horribly one footed player who in his time with us could barely get a game in the second half of his first season and who missed a fair old chunk of last season injured.

On his day he can be very good and right now he's the one player we have who does possess genuine pace but when he's off form he hides. 

If he signs a new contract....I'll be happy enough. But if we sell him or lose him to freedom of contract next summer, I'm convinced there are plenty of players of a similar standard. Remember when we signed him from Barnsley, he was mainly used off the bench. The teams supposedly interested in him.....Blackburn and Middlesbrough.....indicate he's no world beater.

Maybe the fact he plays for Aberdeen in the spl also indicates he is no world beater...

Messi is also a horribly one footed player. Just saying ?

• Haha 1

Ten caat what a load or rubbish you are spouting there. He has player very well for us when not injured the last year and a bit. My young son talks about him all the time which for me proves he has that bit of magic that attracts the viewer. We need players like him to keep the youth excited about us and I guess more importantly an attractive attacking edge that can be tricky to find. 

We don't want hedges to go. 

• Upvote 3
21 minutes ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

Ten caat what a load or rubbish you are spouting there. He has player very well for us when not injured the last year and a bit. My young son talks about him all the time which for me proves he has that bit of magic that attracts the viewer. We need players like him to keep the youth excited about us and I guess more importantly an attractive attacking edge that can be tricky to find. 

Aye he's a good player.   Some folk are more interested in how much money we can or can't get rather than keeping our better players. 

It's not wise to sell every single player for whatever derisory fee someone offers you.  Selling some allows you to keep others but you don't want to sell every fucker. 

Hedges is one we should be trying to keep and good to see the club offer him a deal to try and do just that. 

If he says no then fine, sell at the right price if you can. But don't cut off your nose to spite your face. 

1 hour ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

I said sell if he wont sign an extension

Try dribbling elsewhere Jess

9 hours ago, Postman Pats Cat said:

Nae like him. He’s usually full of sage advice about pre-contract arrangements and vaccine effectiveness. 

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

The one footed stuff is a weird thing to say.

Robben was shite eh?

11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's a horribly one footed player

Not really that important, is it? 

who in his time with us could barely get a game in the second half of his first season and who missed a fair old chunk of last season injured.

How did we play in the 2nd half of that season? Shite? Devoid of creativity? Probably should've played him, I'd say. 

He's an inconsistent player, I agree. If he was at his best every week he'd be nowhere near AFC. 

No one thinks he's a world beater. What he is though is probably our best and most effective creative player. We're a better team with him in the side. Hopefully he signs a new contract and stays. 

1 minute ago, Rico1903 said:

Looks like it was Middlesbrough or Blackburn who made the offer? Really hope he doesn't go for Championship money and especially to mid-table teams (last year) when he could be a big player in a team that's going through an exciting transition.  

I agree. He should stay and try to win this league with this new Aberdeen era rather than go to diddy English teams to play for absolutely zero ambition of winning anything.