Jon Gallagher signs on loan

Imagine actually thinking that.

Boys played about 40 competitive games for an MLS Second team and 80 college games which are on par with Sunday League.

Hope he’ll be good, imagine he’ll be shite.

I wouldn’t write off lower league American Football completely. The lower leagues are pretty decent level here as it’s actually a very popular sport to play, which surprised me back in 2001 when we played some local teams and they were phenomenal. The College teams attract a lot of players from the British Isles too who go over on scholarships as a method of breaking into professional leagues as well as an education

Hope he’s good too imagine he’ll take a while to get up to speed though

I wouldn’t write off lower league American Football completely. The lower leagues are pretty decent level here as it’s actually a very popular sport to play, which surprised me back in 2001 when we played some local teams and they were phenomenal. The College teams attract a lot of players from the British Isles too who go over on scholarships as a method of breaking into professional leagues as well as an education

Hope he’s good too imagine he’ll take a while to get up to speed though

I have a friend who’s brother plays for a college team over there on a scholarship. The standard is dire.

I have a friend who’s brother plays for a college team over there on a scholarship. The standard is dire.

What division does he play in? The top divisions would be a pretty good standard. Highland league or better. Obviously not the level of spl. But the very top college teams would give our u19/21s a very decent game. To say it’s dire is a bit of a exaggeration. No doubt there would be some diamonds to be found just like there would be in the English conference but would be few and far between.

What division does he play in? The top divisions would be a pretty good standard. Highland league or better. Obviously not the level of spl. But the very top college teams would give our u19/21s a very decent game. To say it’s dire is a bit of a exaggeration. No doubt there would be some diamonds to be found just like there would be in the English conference but would be few and far between.

So we've signed the equivalent of a 23 year old Highland league player then

So we've signed the equivalent of a 23 year old Highland league player then

i would take a guess that’s he’s better than tht but no idea if he’s anywhere good enough for our first team. You have players like Mitchel Megginson playing for cove in highland league up until last year who has turned down a number of championship and a prem team to play there. There is players in HL that could play a lot higher standard.

I am sure Bobby Clark and Cormack have had an input in this signing and think the lad has talent, whether he can transfer this talent to Scotland is the question to be answered

A sensible post among a lot of assumptions that he is shite.

I will wait & see how this goes before writing him off.

There could be any number of other reasons for this loan other than because he's shite.

I think if the reason for it is because he's shite then Cormack will lose a lot of face from it.

This could be the start of many experimental loans of players to raise their profiles & give them experience

I don't think they would want to start that experiment off with a shite player tbh

"Decent"?

"DECENT"?

bearing in mind decent means average, who is the 1 average signing?

By “decent” I mean most Aberdeen fans would be happy with that player signing. Main, Taylor, Hedges and Gallagher are underwhelming to say the least. Yes they may turn out fine but right now most of us will be underwhelmed.