Jon Gallagher signs on loan

We don't sign enough players from lower leagues!!!!

*sign someone from a lower league*

Why are we signing this type of player!?!?!?!?!

I think when it's a loan it's always a bit strange.

If we outright bought him, it would be different.

I know he's 23 but the MLS seems common with 'youngsters' making the break through so i wouldn't read into too much around he hasn't broken in yet.

There was a guy who played at my age group at juveniles called Florian Valot, he played for Albion for a season at like u14's. 

His dad was over here for work and Aberdeen tried to sign him but he was always going to move back to france at somepoint. So he went back and played for PSG and Monaco youth teams before going to America to play college football for someone before NY Red Bulls signed him in 2016. He played a year in the 2nd team there before breaking into the first team start of 18/19 season. He would have been 25 at the time he made his debut for the first team before estabhlising himself in the 1st team.

Not sure what it is with MLS teams but seems to be a common thing over there with players breaking through.

I think it's because most players who play college football don't graduate until like 21/22 so then to make your MLS debut at like 25 is more common after a couple of seasons in the B team. I took an interest in Atlanta B because Stephen Glass is manager and if were using that avenue then Brandon Vasquez would be a good one to get on loan. Big powerful and quick striker who is on the fringes of the first team. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/new-don-jon-is-strong-can-score-a-goal-and-make-a-goal-says-glass/

Former Aberdeen star Stephen Glass explains why Atlanta’s Gallagher will be a hit at Pittodrie. Glass, who also played for Watford, Hibs, Dunfermline and Carolina Railhawks, believes Gallagher’s versatility will help the Dons.

The former Scotland cap added: “Jon is quick and direct with good quality on the ball and he has a great attitude.

“It’s going to be a good opportunity for Jon to go and play first-team football at a good level.

“He’s very versatile. In his college days he was really attacking.

“Here at Atlanta he’s played a bit more as a full-back.

“But in any of his positions, full-back, midfield or further forward, he will do well.

“He’s strong, good on the ball, can score a goal and make a goal.

“Jon is a dynamic player and Derek McInnes will have a number of options in terms of getting him into the team.

“But wherever he plays Jon will help the team and you wouldn’t want to pigeonhole him into a position too much.”

Atlanta think Gallagher’s time in the Granite City can help propel him into the first team, managed by Frank de Boer.

Glass said: “He’s a second-year professional over here and it’s the same as every club, there are different timescales for different players to break into the first team.

“When you’re at the best club in America it’s difficult to break in.

“Jon is behind some fantastic players here so sometimes the best option is to try a different avenue by going on loan.

“The club believes in Jon, they haven’t sold him, we’re hoping Aberdeen help to develop him and that’s what we believe is going to happen.

“Everyone here hopes Jon does well in his career and this loan is a developmental tool which will help him.”

If this guy turns out to be a decent loanee & can play RB/RW/LW & even up front.

We could see some interesting attacking formations this season. (IF) He's good enough to stay in the team.

Logan has been needing a good passer to go forward in attack with for a while ;) get some more of Logans quality crosses into the box. Can only be a good thing.

We need to sign a quality right footed striker now ;)