Your favourite hotel stories

Poodler

I got started on by a paraletic alky old french guy in a bar in downtown Pointe Noir/Congo just by asking him who was playing in the fitba match on the tv behind the bar. He went nuts, started shouting and spitting on the floor and muttering what i could only assume was anglais/Brittanique cunt. I glassed him and left.

(no i just left)

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Blutzarella's photos have certainly dipped in output the last couple years.

go through phases when I can be arsed.

ill get back on it, just for you champ

6 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

Clock gate and the imaginary crew ruined him

what’s clock gate chief?

hi

bye

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In a couple of yrs it will be the 20th anniversary of my first trip with friend(s) to Amsterdam.  I am hoping to arrange a suitable commemoration visit.

The first time was in the cold, dark december of 2002.  We stayed in a (still extant, different name) hotel just off leidseplein sq.  Great location but we barely made it more than a few 100 yards from the hotel at any point, due to being generally very stoned.

One morning we tried to find Vondelpark but set off in the wrong direction, quickly got fed up and decided to have a smoke on a canal bridge, maybe 3 blocks from the hotel. We soon realised that was an error and were forced to retire immediately to our room.  We walked back very slowly, with great determination.  One entering the hotel , a guy stuck his head out of the office, expressing surprise we had returned so soon and my mate managed to mumble something at him. 

We then crawled up the steep stairs for safety, me howling with laughter the whole way.  My mate turned around and said "Shut up! I think I spoke to the guy there", I thought I was going to piss myself laughing.

So that morning was instead spent esconced in our room, lying on our respective beds - in total silence - and watching a B&W movie on Dutch TV "The man who never was" (1956).  A war movie about deception, it was hugely engrossing in our state and the B&W picture and period dutch hotel room features added great atmosphere.

That's my rock and roll hotel story ?

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

In a couple of yrs it will be the 20th anniversary of my first trip with friend(s) to Amsterdam.  I am hoping to arrange a suitable commemoration visit.

The first time was in the cold, dark december of 2002.  We stayed in a (still extant, different name) hotel just off leidseplein sq.  Great location but we barely made it more than a few 100 yards from the hotel at any point, due to being generally very stoned.

One morning we tried to find Vondelpark but set off in the wrong direction, quickly got fed up and decided to have a smoke on a canal bridge, maybe 3 blocks from the hotel. We soon realised that was an error and were forced to retire immediately to our room.  We walked back very slowly, with great determination.  One entering the hotel , a guy stuck his head out of the office, expressing surprise we had returned so soon and my mate managed to mumble something at him. 

We then crawled up the steep stairs for safety, me howling with laughter the whole way.  My mate turned around and said "Shut up! I think I spoke to the guy there", I thought I was going to piss myself laughing.

So that morning was instead spent esconced in our room, lying on our respective beds - in total silence - and watching a B&W movie on Dutch TV "The man who never was" (1956).  A war movie about deception, it was hugely engrossing in our state and the B&W picture and period dutch hotel room features added great atmosphere.

After smoking a spliff?  FFS.  I'd keep that story to myself. 

9 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

All too typical a story when Brits head to Amsterdam unfortunately.

Watch as the locals nip in for a joint, smoke it and then leave with no fuss as compared to your typical Brit who makes a bline for the Bulldog to spend the day smoking joints and acting like pricks thinking they are Archie!

14 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

All too typical a story when Brits head to Amsterdam unfortunately.

Watch as the locals nip in for a joint, smoke it and then leave with no fuss as compared to your typical Brit who makes a bline for the Bulldog to spend the day smoking joints and acting like pricks thinking they are Archie!

Indeed.  In my many return visits I have since seen it loads!  The best one was probably a sudden internal battle between a group of irish tinkers, in the (now defunct) Sheba.

For all the bulldog is a tourist trap, the one in Leidseplein square takes some beating for its outdoors seating, in terms of watching the world go by.

Used to hang about Leidseplein all the time in the early visits, but I know the wider city reasonably well now, some place.