The worst songs you've heard

Poodler

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

About 5 years ago Consi. That wasn't the point I was making. I'm saying you stereotype people based on snippets of media.

It's where the gammon thing came from. Obviously not the gammon lads fault, it's yours for being a bigot.

?

13 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

You've not watched those links I posted have you?

Haven't seen any links posted by you. 

Presumably they're dark-skinned gentlemen brandishing firearms. 

I'd guess that's the exception rather than the rule, since any time I've been subjected to the rap videos it's chicks shaking their arses and guys with gold teeth dropping money on the ground, with the routine gratuitous "Nigga" thrown in for formulaic effect. 

So, if any stereotype is reinforced by rap videos, it's primarily that black men all have poor dental hygiene, wear women's floor-length fur coats, are self-hating racists,  and have Parkinson's disease. 

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Haven't seen any links posted by you. 

Presumably they're dark-skinned gentlemen brandishing firearms. 

I'd guess that's the exception rather than the rule, since any time I've been subjected to the rap videos it's chicks shaking their arses and guys with gold teeth dropping money on the ground, with the routine gratuitous "Nigga" thrown in for formulaic effect. 

So, if any stereotype is reinforced by rap videos, it's primarily that black men all have poor dental hygiene, wear women's floor-length fur coats, are self-hating racists,  and have Parkinson's disease. 

Aye it's a specific thing over here. The only reason I'm aware of them is that there was a debate on radio about the BBC playing some song that referenced a real life murder. Not long after that Radio 6 played one of the fucking shite songs with every second word censored. I did a bit YouTube digging and here we are, me and Consi having another interminable argument.

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Aye it's a specific thing over here. The only reason I'm aware of them is that there was a debate on radio about the BBC playing some song that referenced a real life murder. Not long after that Radio 6 played one of the fucking shite songs with every second word censored. I did a bit YouTube digging and here we are, me and Consi having another interminable argument.

It's important that we approach every subject with an open mind, aware that new information can always prove our position or opinion to be wrong. 

Even I struggle with this philosophy, but that's primarily because I tend to be right about everything. 

The perception, as you say, is that black subculture is Guns, Money, and Violence, with the odd Bitch thrown in for a bit of misogynistic effect. That's the mainstream perception among Whitey in their suburban enclaves. But the reality is that it's just teen subculture, and transcends colour. Eventually that will hit the collective conscious, and people will just hate teenagers more, regardless of colour... which is fine, because they're fucking dreadful. 

Yeah I have to agree I'm not a fan of Queen.

Phil collins - in the air tonight

Annie Lennox (Didn't realise she was from Aberdeen!) - Why and Sweet Dreams. I can't stand Sweet Dreams. Absolutely horrific. Annie Lennox, Eurythmics and Dave Stewart - just doesn't do it for me.

Soft Cell  - tainted love

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

19 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Yeah I have to agree I'm not a fan of Queen.

Phil collins - in the air tonight

Annie Lennox (Didn't realise she was from Aberdeen!) - Why and Sweet Dreams. I can't stand Sweet Dreams. Absolutely horrific. Annie Lennox, Eurythmics and Dave Stewart - just doesn't do it for me.

Soft Cell  - tainted love

Frankie Goes to Hollywood

Hate to hear what you like if thats what you hate the most, given all the abject fucking garbage out there. 

• Upvote 1
On 11/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, Simply Red said:

This fucking garbage is surely the worst genre of music currently. On a par with death metal and happy hardcore. 

Oh come on sir, you seem to have good tastes I appreciate death metal isnt for everyone, but at least it's musicians playing actual instruments.

Not 100% death metal, (its been given the tag of Death n roll) tbh, but give Wolverine blues a listen by entombed. It's fucking aceic.

Back on topic

Anything by that cunt Adele

Any of that grime stuff that's played on the wireless

James - Sit down ( I have my reasons)

Primal fucking scream -Rocks

I've now lost my train of thought after mentioning the above. There will be more

18 minutes ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

Oh come on sir, you seem to have good tastes I appreciate death metal isnt for everyone, but at least it's musicians playing actual instruments.

Not 100% death metal, (its been given the tag of Death n roll) tbh, but give Wolverine blues a listen by entombed. It's fucking aceic.

Back on topic

Anything by that cunt Adele

Any of that grime stuff that's played on the wireless

James - Sit down ( I have my reasons)

Primal fucking scream -Rocks

I've now lost my train of thought after mentioning the above. There will be more

Just listened to wolverine blues. I was able to listen to it till the end, but will never listen to it again. So positive and negative. Inoffensive but not for me. Better than the killers.