Cormack Thread

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Dave will appoint Dave Cormack as DOF.  His first appointment will be Dave Cormack as Head coach ably assisted by Dave Cormack. 

Training at Cormack Park. 

2 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

That sums him up perfectly. 

Jokes aside. I noticed somewhere that, unless I was sleeping, his title changing to Executive Chairman has flown under the radar?

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Jokes aside. I noticed somewhere that, unless I was sleeping, his title changing to Executive Chairman has flown under the radar?

I was on half joking Tord! 

Our new chairman has one hell of an ego. 

And I'm still trying to work out if we've sold our soul to Atlanta for a training ground or if Dave is just enamoured by all things Atlanta.  Maybe a bit of both. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was on half joking Tord! 

Our new chairman has one hell of an ego. 

And I'm still trying to work out if we've sold our soul to Atlanta for a training ground or if Dave is just enamoured by all things Atlanta.  Maybe a bit of both. 

Executive Chairman would normally be a salaried position going by the title. I dont think that would be the case in this instance but it might crop up in the future.

Reckon the next few weeks are vital for DC's credibility.

Get the decisions right and he's really off and running.

Get them wrong and he may become a laughing stock.

Firing DM was correct decision so good start.

The next decision, however, is the one he will, ultimately, be judged on?

5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Good stuff. A bit more upbeat about the new manager not just being Glass because he’s from Atlanta now.

Glad to hear Fergie still has an interest in us and is offering to lend a hand whenever needed as well. He should really be an honorary board member or something.

Aye for sure. Whatever happens moving forward with regards to a stadium it would be criminal if a stand wasn't named after him at the very least!

40 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Really pleased with what Cormack had to say. He's got my backing. I trust he'll make the right appointment.

Glad he took aim at the media and pundits in this country. 

Which Canadian papers or pundits did he have a go at? ?

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Update on YouTube 

https://youtu.be/YRndSdJab-M

He came across well I thought.

Liked the comments he made about Fergie, reminding him some folk/pundits/journalists in Glasgow don’t want us to win or do well. I like us having a bit of a siege mentality & a fuck Glasgow attitude. 

Also liked the comment Fergie made about picking someone who’ll believe they can attack & win in Glasgow.

Of course, it’s easy saying it. 

I’m less certain than I was that Glass is getting it, albeit I’d still make him favourite.

The comment he made about having a good relationship with the manager/coach being key... he already has that with Stephen Glass by all accounts.

Also someone who can bring through the “good crop of young players we have”... that’s what Glass main job is at Atlanta just now.

Interesting few weeks ahead

Aye looks like he looks in on the HAT and other Dons Twitter feeds judging by some comments. Liked the Fergie bit and going to Glasgow and being offensive is very promising if this is what we are looking for the next manager to do. Certainly Simmie is someone that actually played in a team that dominated in Glasgow and I am surprised he hasn't been used more in the past with the first team. He really likes Robson by the sound of things also

At last some words from DC.

Sounded very positive but will reserve final judgement until a new manager is appointed and our squad for next season has been developed.

It may be that we will have to transition for a couple of years, developing and introducing a few of the young players, but if the ultimate goal is an entertaining and challenging team I will be happy enough.

We shall see ?