Cormack Thread

• 5 weeks later...

"Hysterical nonsense" is what Big Hat Logan reckons a few of us, including me, have spouted about today's debacle.

I totally, and utterly, disagree.

The club is now in one feckin' mess and I am now increasingly concerned that Cormack's "prawcess", leading to the appointment of his mate, Glass, may be deeply flawed and SG's lack of experience will not manage to reverse our current decline. There may well be monies to spend in the summer but if the manager is ultimately a pup then our proud record of never being relegated will be in significant danger.

Today's weak performance was pathetic. It reminded me of how bad I felt when QOS beat us 4-3, in a match where we at least scored 3 goals!!

We never looked like scoring today, after United took the lead.

4 minutes ago, paddy said:

can we just wait until the middle of next season before throwing hissy fits?

Im annoyed with the result today, but did any of us seriously think we had a chance of winning the Scottish Cup the season? Have you seen how shite the squad is?

I don’t think anyone truly thought we’d win it, but we meekly surrendered today to a Utd side that are nae that good.

The new manager “bounce” hasn’t lasted long, however in a perverse way, results and performances like today’s should hopefully show Glass that most of his squad aren’t up to the job- if he didn’t know already.

14 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Aye what were folk expecting from Glass before summer? Your Guardiola’s, Klopp’s etc couldn’t do anything with this pathetic excuse of a team we have just now.

The Celtic game in midweek didn't help. It gave too many unrealistic expectations of our players.

Ridiculous people are even judging Glass before any of his own signings have played for the club

54 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

"Hysterical nonsense" is what Big Hat Logan reckons a few of us, including me, have spouted about today's debacle.

The club is now in one feckin' mess and I am now increasingly concerned that Cormack's "prawcess", leading to the appointment of his mate, Glass, may be deeply flawed and SG's lack of experience will not manage to reverse our current decline. There may well be monies to spend in the summer but if the manager is ultimately a pup then our proud record of never being relegated will be in significant danger.

Today's weak performance was pathetic. It reminded me of how bad I felt when QOS beat us 4-3, in a match where we at least scored 3 goals!!

You do understand we lost cup quarter finals under McInnes by the same score?

You also understand Glass hasn't recruited any of these players? 

You also understand he's not even been in the door 2 weeks? 

You also understand the squad was assembled by a guy who left us with a record of 2 wins in 12 and 3 goals in that time? 

What did you expect to change in the 2 weeks since Glass has came in? A result like this with this group of pansies was always on the cards. 

Also; you know we lost a cup quarter final to a bottom half St Mirren side earlier this season with the same players, and we lost 4-1 to the bottom side (at the time) Ross County a few months after that? 

Cut the hyperbolic shite. 

Judge him after he can at least put his own stamp in the team. 

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

He has had 5 training sessions to work with an unbalanced squad that have been pish for months. For fuck sake give the guy a break. He can only judged when he gets his own players in and gets a full pre season.BHL is right posts like this are hysterical nonsense

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

You do understand we lost cup quarter finals under McInnes by the same score?

You also understand Glass hasn't recruited any of these players? 

You also understand he's not even been in the door 2 weeks? 

You also understand the squad was assembled by a guy who left us with a record of 2 wins in 12 and 3 goals in that time? 

What did you expect to change in the 2 weeks since Glass has came in? A result like this with this group of pansies was always on the cards. 

Also; you know we lost a cup quarter final to a bottom half St Mirren side earlier this season with the same players, and we lost 4-1 to the bottom side (at the time) Ross County a few months after that? 

Cut the hyperbolic shite. 

Judge him after he can at least put his own stamp in the team. 

Don't worry I will judge Glass and Cormack once next season is in full swing.

You appear confident that things will greatly improve.

Let me be clear I am not as confident.

I really hope that you are right but we shall see in due course.

4 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Don't worry I will judge Glass and Cormack once next season is in full swing.

You appear confident that things will greatly improve.

Let me be clear I am not as confident.

I really hope that you are right but we shall see in due course.

They'll improve, I've absolutely no doubt in my mind. 

8 minutes ago, BitWait said:

So Cormack , the man you wanted is in place. I have no faith in this guy and we will struggle for top 6 next season. Shambles. 

Why? 

Because we got a thumping in today's game? 

He's not even been in the door 2 weeks, and inherited a very poor squad. 

Most these players, who have given us a terrible turn this season, won't be here next season. 

So, what basis do you have for your thinking? 

We've lost 3-0 at home to Motherwell this season, 4-1 to County, 4-0 to Rangers, 2-0 at home to Livingston as well...this result was entirely plausible with this group of players. 

Glass could've approached the game differently, but he stuck to his guns, most of them showed they weren't good enough to be here. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, when McInnes was getting abuse, many of the players' performances were looked over, they don't have him to hide behind anymore, they are showing themselves up. 

I can't stand them. They are weak willed, lacking in moral fibre, and not very good at what they are paid to do. 

Let's see what the signings look like and how we are shaping up for pre season.

A few inspired signings and a decent amount of time to work on the new style required.

We are not good enough to be an attacking team with the current personnel. We are not good enough at passing and our defenders are not good enough to go man for man

The fact Brown is coming in is a big statement. Miles ahead of anything we have in terms of mentality. 

It’ll be a total rebuild and as others have already said, these players have proved they are losers and not good enough. Get these 3 games over with and onto the summer. Glass could have shirked these games this season and just came in summer but it’s letting him know exactly what’s needed.