Cormack Thread

32 minutes ago, YipYip1903 said:

Did you have to pay for it as its on Patron?

Aye. £1.99 a month, good value as like him or loathe him, he does 2 or 3 podcasts a week with good interviewees.

Cormack says the ambition is to win the league. Deluded - maybe but better than 3rd place as that nonce Milne would have said.

Wages budget higher this season than last. Albeit, I assume, that will get trimmed if and when McGeough, Ferguson and Kennedy leave.

Scott Brown only renting that hoose in Garlogie, not purchased 

13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye. £1.99 a month, good value as like him or loathe him, he does 2 or 3 podcasts a week with good interviewees.

Cormack says the ambition is to win the league. Deluded - maybe but better than 3rd place as that nonce Milne would have said.

I dont think it's deluded, it's a change of mindset. Will we win the league? Most likely not but we should install in the players from the U'8's to the first team we enter every competition to win it. Create a winning mentality so we at least try and win at difficult grounds instead of hoping for a draw

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, YipYip1903 said:

I dont think it's deluded, it's a change of mindset. Will we win the league? Most likely not but we should install in the players from the U'8's to the first team we enter every competition to win it. Create a winning mentality so we at least try and win at difficult grounds instead of hoping for a draw

I'm down with a winning mentality, but there are obese single moms out there who just know they'll land and deserve the hansome doctor. At some point if the roster doesn't improve from here it's more of a delusion. 

That being said I was down with the 5 goal route and it apears improvements have been made.

• Dildo 1
22 hours ago, PondHopper said:

I'm down with a winning mentality, but there are obese single moms out there who just know they'll land and deserve the hansome doctor. At some point if the roster doesn't improve from here it's more of a delusion. 

That being said I was down with the 5 goal route and it apears improvements have been made.

The kids fa sang MmmBop's doctor?!?!

20mil in is pretty impressive fae DC. 

On 7/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, YipYip1903 said:

Agree.

We should be going into every game with the mindset that we can get a result. I genuinely think that if someone with a more positive approach to football had been in charge of Aberdeen in the cup finals McInnes got us to,  we'd have actually competed rather than just turned up to "enjoy the occasion". 

To illustrate how bad we've been in cup finals, we've scored ONE goal since 1995 from either cup competition. Even the year we won the League Cup we failed to hit the net in 120 minutes against 

8 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Agree.

We should be going into every game with the mindset that we can get a result. I genuinely think that if someone with a more positive approach to football had been in charge of Aberdeen in the cup finals McInnes got us to,  we'd have actually competed rather than just turned up to "enjoy the occasion". 

To illustrate how bad we've been in cup finals, we've scored ONE goal since 1995 from either cup competition. Even the year we won the League Cup we failed to hit the net in 120 minutes against 

I read recently that McInnes didn't want anyone in the building who didn't believe we could beat the ugly sisters. Hard to believe given his own language and demeanor. 

On 7/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, YipYip1903 said:

Sorry to disagree here, but we should not be instilling this attitude so young. This is what we are doing and the Aberdeen youth teams are extremely successful as a result winning competitions throughout Europe. The problem however is that "win at all costs" attitude is a detriment to player development and why we see teams throughout Europe develop better as the teams get older.

Unfortunately many grassroots teams focus on physicality first and foremost with the aim to then develop the skillset. Grassroots is supposed to be a development phase and not competitive until they are 12 and that is probably the correct age to start working on formations and tactics in order to win games.

Kids are naturally competitive and shouldn't need coaches to instill a win at all costs attitude . Instead they should be coaching encouraging showing bravery to attempt the difficult pass / skill and when failing to complete, encourage the desire to try again.

• Upvote 1