Cormack Thread

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I know its just a Fergie statue, but having him with Archie Knox would have been classic

spacer.png

Fuck Archie Knox

21 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Thats the Willie Miller pose shirl

17 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

If Miller is to get one in the future (he should), it would have to be the CWC pose, or the death stare he gave the ref at Ibrox in 88/89 was it? 

17 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

If Miller is to get one in the future (he should), it would have to be the CWC pose, or the death stare he gave the ref at Ibrox in 88/89 was it? 

Or the warm ups in Glasgow against the scumbags

7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

anyone kind enough to summarise ?

I'm 7 minutes in.

Spiers asked how much he has put into the Dons.

Answer 10 million him, 10 million his mates.

Also moved from "slum" aff George Street (Spring Garden) wi nae running water.

Peaked my interest, then moved to Garthdee. Morrison Drive which was interesting, exactly where I was brought up.

We had cool end hoose wi massive garden, the "fieldy" (Hun fuck Davy Robertson played wi oor group) was amazing for fitba, and fan it snad, the 7 hillies was a real white knuckler on the sledge.

If you misjudged it, you were right on to the road possibly deed under a car. ?

Hud on.

12 minutes in he just mentioned SRTADEJJY.

Oh, and again.

Oh there's another. ?

• Site Sponsor
8 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

I'm 7 minutes in.

Spiers asked how much he has put into the Dons.

Answer 10 million him, 10 million his mates.

Also moved from "slum" aff George Street (Spring Garden) wi nae running water.

Peaked my interest, then moved to Garthdee. Morrison Drive which was interesting, exactly where I was brought up.

We had cool end hoose wi massive garden, the "fieldy" (Hun fuck Davy Robertson played wi oor group) was amazing for fitba, and fan it snad, the 7 hillies was a real white knuckler on the sledge.

If you misjudged it, you were right on to the road possibly deed under a car. ?

Hud on.

12 minutes in he just mentioned SRTADEJJY.

Oh, and again.

Oh there's another. ?

When did you bide in a Morrison Drive MH?

my formative years were spent in the fieldy hacking a fitba about 

• Site Sponsor
51 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

?

I was there from 70 to 80.

We were in flat above Ferryhill Tavern til I was 2.

Then Garthdee age 2 to 12 before moving over to Torry.

I was there 65 to roughly 76. 

our paths bound to have crossed as spent loads of time in the fieldy and mucking about along the railway line. 

47 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

173 Morrison Drive, next to Talisman Walk.

Was ace place to grow up. Along the railway line exploring, or those derelict farm buildings behin MD.

Or being rescued from the island wi a rope at RGU  by the cops, wi oor birds P7. ?

Derelict buildings were originally Garthdee Farm which became a hippy commune in the early 70’s. 

some decent sorts lived/squatted there.

Now, of course, known as “Den of Pitfodels” because it adds thousands to price of the houses.

It’s fucking Garthdee ?

11 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

I was there 65 to roughly 76. 

our paths bound to have crossed as spent loads of time in the fieldy and mucking about along the railway line. 

Derelict buildings were originally Garthdee Farm which became a hippy commune in the early 70’s. 

some decent sorts lived/squatted there.

Now, of course, known as “Den of Pitfodels” because it adds thousands to price of the houses.

It’s fucking Garthdee ?

Yas min.

Den of Pifodels, ? myself and the bint passed their nae lang efter it was built and said the same thing. It's fucking Garthdee! ?

Beside there was also cool bit for exploring, grounds of Norwood Hall hotel.

And of course the tree hut things in Caledon car park.

Shakking briggy, great memories.?

• Site Sponsor
14 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Yas min.

Den of Pifodels, ? myself and the bint passed their nae lang efter it was built and said the same thing. It's fucking Garthdee! ?

Beside there was also cool bit for exploring, grounds of Norwood Hall hotel.

And of course the tree hut things in Caledon car park.

Shakking briggy, great memories.?

Just inside the grounds of Norwood there are two lodge houses - East and West Lodge.

West Lodge was lived in by hippies (looked like Rod,Jane and Freddie @Grays Babylon 1875types)who were very relaxed in allowing us to hang out. 

The air had a pungency about it all the time and they were cool with us chilling with them. 

Good times

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Tord31 said:

anyone kind enough to summarise ?

He’s not keen on the colt team idea, stating why would you want to add 6 teams to the structure when the population hasn’t increased.

spent quite a bit of time talking about a vision (across the league) of increasing the revenue by £5M a year, largely focussing on the sponsorship and citing other similar sized leagues make less from ST’s and walk-ups, but more on commercial sponsorships.

Talked about the pre-match experience, fan zones, believed that the beer / food there should be affordable, looking at engaging more with the younger generation through the community trust, mentioned 18year olds can get a season ticket that equates to £3 to £4 a game and can pay that up over 6 months, all linked to making it a better experience to grow the ST to 15k.

the 15k ST target is quite a challenging one (in my opinion), but will be a massive achievement if he manages to grow the support to that.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

He’s not keen on the colt team idea, stating why would you want to add 6 teams to the structure when the population hasn’t increased.

spent quite a bit of time talking about a vision (across the league) of increasing the revenue by £5M a year, largely focussing on the sponsorship and citing other similar sized leagues make less from ST’s and walk-ups, but more on commercial sponsorships.

Talked about the pre-match experience, fan zones, believed that the beer / food there should be affordable, looking at engaging more with the younger generation through the community trust, mentioned 18year olds can get a season ticket that equates to £3 to £4 a game and can pay that up over 6 months, all linked to making it a better experience to grow the ST to 15k.

the 15k ST target is quite a challenging one (in my opinion), but will be a massive achievement if he manages to grow the support to that.

Aye looking to put up a marque tent for 800 fans where the cricket pitch is.

3 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

That's all well and good and he should be applauded for the pricing structure and especially making it so affordable for young supporters to buy season tickets as well as the fan engagement and wanting to make the fan experience at Pittodrie more enjoyable but ultimately it all boils down to what happens on the pitch and what happened on the pitch last season will turn people away, not attract them. No way, kids especially, do people want to be consistently sitting through games where Aberdeen don't score a goal.

Entertaining football COMBINED with all his other ideas is what will grow the crowds to the levels he wants. The odd trophy from time to time wouldn't go amiss either. It's all in his hands. The appointments he makes, the budget he affords them, the experience he gives the supporters. If he gets it all right 12k+ season ticket holders is easily achievable and maybe even closer to the levels he wants. At the moment the current 8,200 or so is about what the club should realistically expect given what the supporters have had in return.

• Upvote 1