Cormack Thread

54 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This could be snake oil led of course, Cormack's ego thinking he knows it all.

He's read about "squad rotation" and is driven by money, first and foremost. He may be directing the show, getting involved in football decisions, prioritising the bigger bucks at the end of the Europa rainbow.

Time will tell if this gamble pays off. It nearly cost AFC 3 points and it cost the chance at the League Cup already. It might even be the right business strategy but alarm bells are ringing at how little they understand both their own squad and what real quality footballers want and are capable of, not that the squad has many. 

When do you think he'll get his 10mil and his mates 10mil back RS? 

20mil investment in a non bigoted club in Scotland is hardly a brilliant investment. 

Once again, you're blethering shite.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

This has been the perennial problem. We saw it during Calderclown's era too. We can understand fitba fans having no idea but Milne getting the rope he was given was the bigger crime.

The only rope Milne needs is one round his neck 

35 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I hear what you are saying but disagree as per my comments below

I was a “happy clapper” and supported McInnes, however it became clear that he was not going to turn us around and failed to show any appetite to try a different way, so a change was required.

Since McInnes has left, we have tried to play an attractive way and whilst it will not always work, I’m enjoying watching the games again, therefore the gamble has made an immediate impact, far quicker than I had anticipated

I do feel with Glass, that we may have to take a step back, before we make real progress.

Things were obviously stale with McInnes - he could bludgeon out 3rd or 4th place (as the league got improved) year on year... but there was no prospect of anything better (and we were slowly getting worse year on year) and the football was an absolute eyesore!

I can see that Glass has the right idea's in some respects and the football going forward is much improved.  However, we look a real soft touch (and at times shambolic!) at the back.  I think will give some teams absolute hammering this season... but also I think we might have to take a few more humiliating losses!  I think once glass has had a couple of windows and time to sort out the defence... that's when I'll judge him. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You ask a question (which I can't answer).

Then you offer opinion that the investments weren't good.

Your last line though, you've not articulated what the "shite" I've "blethered" actually is?

Words and communication not your strong suits obviously. Don't sit there raging with your insecurity, you make yourself look like a stupid cunt. 

You think investing 20mil in Scottish fitba is the act of someone "money driven" hence you're blethering shite and getting yourself in a state.....again!

:)

28 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ah ok. Perhaps I should've spelled out what I meant. It is a mistake to compare anything to the McInnes era... and jump to a conclusion this early.

Happy clappers always over-egg their beats of course, in some weird perversion that what they want and hope for will come to pass, incapable of seeing evidence suggesting the contrary. 

I agree that it is early doors, but as I said earlier, the implementation of a new way has surpassed my initial expectations.

Aberdeen are a team in transition and as such, we will endure frustration periods as in Sunday, but some of the speed of transition is extremely encouraging.

1)The early capture of Brown has arguably been the most important change to help ease that transition. This will be a short term (season or two) implementation and Glass will need to plan in the long term replacement of what is so far a critical factor in how we play.

2) Ramirez has I think, also pleased the general Aberdeen fan. Whilst not a finished article and u likely to bring in any significant sell on value, he is giving the team more than the Hornby’s, Edmundsons, Kamberi’s etc.

3) The emergence of Ramsay and MacKenzie has made many a Dons fan question why McInnes didn’t blood earlier (more so for MacKenzie)

4) The impending departure of Kennedy

5) The bold move to make a 1/2 Million pound bid for Boyle immediately after Hedges injury is another indication of where the club is striving to move forward. Not so sure yet about the player for me, but the willingness to offer the buyout fee is recognisable. What other team in the SPFL are spending money to this level. Even the Huns have not paid out this summer

so yes, it’s early days and we need to be wary of over expectation, but for me, the dealings and development team in this first window for Glass exceeds my expectations and as such, I’d be pleased to be considered a happy clapper of what the club are trying to achieve

• Upvote 3
Just now, rocket_scientist said:

You believe what you want but before being such an arrogant cunt, do your basic research. 

He's invested 10mil of his own money and got his mates to pump in another 10mil. A 20 mil investment into a non bigoted Scottish club. You believe he's doing that as he's "money driven".

Proof (if proof was needed) you are an oddball fa is aff his heed.

:)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I do feel with Glass, that we may have to take a step back, before we make real progress.

Things were obviously stale with McInnes - he could bludgeon out 3rd or 4th place (as the league got improved) year on year... but there was no prospect of anything better (and we were slowly getting worse year on year) and the football was an absolute eyesore!

I can see that Glass has the right idea's in some respects and the football going forward is much improved.  However, we look a real soft touch (and at times shambolic!) at the back.  I think will give some teams absolute hammering this season... but also I think we might have to take a few more humiliating losses!  I think once glass has had a couple of windows and time to sort out the defence... that's when I'll judge him. 

Absolutely, fully agree.

The garden will not always be full of roses and it will take some time to make the changes he wants to implement the improvements he wants.

He’s started well though (IYAM)

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We agree then. He's started better than I anticipated too and as I consistently posted in this thread. So I'm still failing to understand what you are disagreeing with me on?

Remember that a good operation always looks to strengthen its weaknesses. Basic SWOT analysis stuff, the W & T standing for weaknesses and threats.

Before we can address them, we need to know what they are. I'm identifying two possible areas for improvement and that's all. Either you agree or disagree with my analysis but only a happy clapper or a thick cunt gets upset at asking the questions. 

This is a phased transition and I’m certainly a happy clapper for the phase 1 implemented so far.

Its unrealistic or deluded to think that all of the issues from the end of the McInness era will be resolved in this window.

Aberdeen under Glass have become a bit of a victim of their own success due to the early promising start to the season. It meant that the result against Reith was even more of a disappointment given the performance levels of late. Not to say we'd be happy if it happened when we were a bit up and down, but it was by far the worst 90 minutes under Glass this season and came as a surprise given the chances we've created in previous games.

We are still short of key players up top and in defence, and a change of manager with new ideas and different training techniques and routines, it's going to take time. It's going to take a couple of windows for Glass to get the players he wants in and get rid of the players he's not keen on.  

I am disappointed that we've not went and brought in a few more players for this play off tie though. There's a lot of talk about making the group stages and the money we'll make, but we've not strengthened the side to give us a better chance of doing this. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors, so it could be that we've been unsuccessful in getting players in, such as Boyle, but it's still disappointing that we're going over there without another striker. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

I'm sure that we have different interpretations for what we mean by "happy clapper". I am also pleasantly surprised by the many positive signs.

I know you are, just thought you’d appreciate me acknowledging that.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Nobody has said that everything will be resolved in one window. You're inventing something to argue against.

I never said anyone did say it needed to be fixed this window. I’m not inventing anything to argue against, merely expressed my opinion and shared my personal expectation of the reality that we will not resolve all areas this window.

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You still haven't articulated the potential threats and weaknesses and haven't commented on mine? In my definition of "happy clapper", this is an area that is invisible to them. 

Hmmm, what are you looking for here?

1) I’ve expressed that Brown has been a critical factor in how we play as a team. You can see from the times Brown started on the bench and had to come on how important he is. I’ve also expressed that this will be a short term fix and that Glass / the club will need to plan for his ultimate replacement. Ferguson will move on, McGeouch is tidy but too quiet and does not drive the team on so we will need a replacement there.

2) JET - I said before he signed that is was a lazy / McInnes type signing. He undoubtedly has talent, but the work rate is not there enough for me. He needs Ramirez up beside him, which leads onto our shortness of cover for Ramirez. JET just isn’t a man to lead the front line, so for me, ideally our top requirement is an able striker for cover. I know a lot won’t agree, but Hendry did a decent role for us, or a Marley Watkins would be a good addition.

For this window, the rest of the squad is probably adequate for the SPFL. Sign a replacement for Ferguson (McGrath / McAnn) if he’s sold. The next priority after a striker would be a CH capable of taking over from Considine in the coming season.. Seems pretty obvious to me

14 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Aberdeen under Glass have become a bit of a victim of their own success due to the early promising start to the season. It meant that the result against Reith was even more of a disappointment given the performance levels of late. Not to say we'd be happy if it happened when we were a bit up and down, but it was by far the worst 90 minutes under Glass this season and came as a surprise given the chances we've created in previous games.

We are still short of key players up top and in defence, and a change of manager with new ideas and different training techniques and routines, it's going to take time. It's going to take a couple of windows for Glass to get the players he wants in and get rid of the players he's not keen on.  

I am disappointed that we've not went and brought in a few more players for this play off tie though. There's a lot of talk about making the group stages and the money we'll make, but we've not strengthened the side to give us a better chance of doing this. We don't know what's going on behind closed doors, so it could be that we've been unsuccessful in getting players in, such as Boyle, but it's still disappointing that we're going over there without another striker. 

Fascinating discussion - still more worried about central defence which  has really been an area of weakness from day 1 though recent injuries have increased attacking weaknesses. Would agree with RS - many positive signs but also some areas still unaddressed... and at times unwillingness to accept critical comments as having a point which may be a threat and lead to new weaknesses going forward.- using SWOT analysis. 

33 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The only proof here is that you are an imbecile. You say £20m has been pumped in but you've not seen the balance sheet, a set of the financial reports being something that used to be posted to all shareholders annually. Do you believe in the tooth fairy and Sunty too?

Also hugely spastic on your part is your failure to define "money-driven". It was extremely lazy and/or thick to not to even comprehend the need to clarify any point of contention before jumping in like the utter fool that you are doing a GREAT impression of.

You reckon businessmen investing sums yet to be substantiated for reasons that you think are philanthropic comes from the world of make-believe, unless you can back up the Narnia-like pish that you spout. 

There's maybe not been concrete "proof" of this yet, but that's what Cormack himself has said in the interview with Spiers.  I'm not really sure why he'd lie about it. 

18 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Do you also think they gifted cash to AFC?

Another couple of years of no group stage in Europe, and those dollars will be called in.  We must be careful what we wish for.

By and large Cormack has dragged the club kicking & screaming into the 21st century, and I like the fact he cares very little for the biggest problem in Scottish football which is its myopic traditionalism with its self-fulfilling prophecy of the duopoly.  But we have to be aware it comes at a cost.  We beat Qarabag and get into the group stage, this pressure point is alleviated a fair bit.  We fail, and we should brace ourselves for even more hard-sell tactics to part with more of our hard-earned.

Along with thousands of others, I had a season ticket last season and didn't request a refund. I'm not looking for a medal, I'm happy to do it, but the point I'm making is; what I'm not looking for is to be hounded to buy a DNA sub as well.  I'm not a traditionalist and I want my club to survive and make money, lots of it, and be successful. But be careful not to bite the hand that feeds you, namely don't take the piss AFC. My love for my team is unconditional, but the parting with my hard-earned isn't, and none of us should be ashamed to tell the club this, it doesn't make you any less of a fan.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Colgate man and his puppet have until the end of this window to get more, quality reinforcements in.

To fail with this basic requirement will result in another pish poor season ahead.

I didn't renew my 20 years + season ticket. I ain't getting conned by exaggerated promises any more.

Tonight appears like a repeat of previous Euro qualification efforts. Pig sick of this shite year on year....

2 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Are you watching Mr Colgate?

Your snake oil isn't working.

Hopefully a wake up call. 

Got by on a wee bounce at the start of the season but the signing policy is starting to look a wee bit scattergun at the moment. 

Need to sell Ferguson and bring in a couple of players we can really work with. 

Guest milne_afc
Just now, Millertime said:

Thats not happened in the last 8 years and is real sign of regression 

Don’t think it’s ever happened. A new low.

29 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep

Out of 2 tournaments before we are out of August

Thats not happened in the last 8 years and is real sign of regression 

Eh? We went out to st mirren in the 2nd round last season too - only because things were delayed due to Covid was it not in August. And Europe was a disaster way beyond losing in the playoffs…

You speak of people needing to move on from Mcinnes, but fuck me you need to give it a rest. He was finished with us.

• Upvote 3