Cormack Thread

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

Just lay out the policy in the summer. That way folk can make a more informed choice whether to buy a season ticket or go game by game. 

If the message is that the real value is going to be in a season ticket then just be up front about it. You might actually sell more season tickets that way. 

And if certain games are going to be priced at a premium then just list them in the summer in advance, not a week before the game when the tickets go on sale. 

They seem to have changed it to categories of games and tickets are significantly cheaper for the lowest category games now. £18 in silver and red, £20 in gold well down from £26. 

Top category gone from £30 everywhere which made no sense, to priced according to area.

Seems like a new excuse, along with giving no away allocation, for people that have absolutely no intention of going no matter what.

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but you get folk that think I can only make 12 games so I'll just pay as I go. 

If they knew individual prices were going up they'd have probably gone for the season ticket. 

They’ve gone down in probably half the games and only gone up £2 in gold sections vs those 2? 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but you get folk that think I can only make 12 games so I'll just pay as I go. 

If they knew individual prices were going up they'd have probably gone for the season ticket. 

Honestly your talking nonsense here. I don't think Cormack could have been any clearer that they want more season ticket holders. 

Just now, RUL said:

Honestly your talking nonsense here. I don't think Cormack could have been any clearer that they want more season ticket holders. 

I know they want more season ticket holders. 

I'm saying they actually missed a trick. If they'd published the planned individual prices I think more folk who were swithering would have plumped for the season ticket. 

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Value to who though?

I understand what you're getting at but may be some guys can't splash the cash on a ST as they might work Saturdays so can only make 5 games a season.

Over 30 quid for a game of Scottish football is laughable regardless of ST being better value or not.

I agree the price is high but let's be honest, folk who don't go every week aren't turning up for a game on TV regardless of price. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, RUL said:

I agree the price is high but let's be honest, folk who don't go every week aren't turning up for a game on TV regardless of price. 

Eh?

Tim and hun matches historically will always get a couple of K extra AFC non ST holders through the gate.

Invariably on TV as well.

8 hours ago, Roberto said:

Many games vs either of the arse cheeks bring out a fair weather fan. Many games against the scum of both have been on TV.

Highly unlikely many will based on that price. Thats a shocker.

I have a few pals who would probably go to a game like this are completely against it due to the pricing of tickets.

So I'm not on board with your point here.

Correct.

He's havering.

12 hours ago, Woody21 said:

£30 for the pish being served of late is daylight robbery. Really looking forward to wide boy Dave's next sales pitch...

Doubt you'll have to wait long for it.  

"Oh, surprisingly our home fans didnt fancy getting fleeced to watch us get mauled at home.  I dont suppose either of you two arse cheeks fancy them for your title challenges"

Same as every other ground in the Premiership. 

22 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Here, been thinking about this. 

See the boy Steven Gunn, DoF. What qualifications does he have, aside from working at the club for a while, for being an actual Director of Football? Normally that's a football person, someone who's been involved in a playing or coaching capacity at some point. 

It seems like there's a real lack of experience all over the shop. 

As far as I can gather he started at the club as work experience and worked his way up the ladder.  Fair play to the boy but he's punching above his pay grade now imo

Director of Football/Sporting Director/Head of Recruitment roles are by & large professional "desk" jobs; you don't need to have played the game at the top level to be qualified to do the job. And on the contrary these people will have a far more professional outlook on the role than former "pros" who are set in their ways.  Football professionals (former players) aren't actually very professional at all.  Steven Gunn is highly qualified to do the role, he's a smart guy, knows the club inside-out, knows the philosophy that the club wants to implement, probably spent alot of time building it himself with others, is in touch with what the club is seen as in its community.  In other words he's probably the perfect guy for the role. The football manager has the final say on the players he wants to sign.

To say that he isn't is the same type of attitude as espoused by ringpieces like Kris Boyd about Cathro etc etc. Look at how Boyd let himself go, a fat bastard who with some hard work could've been a superstar, should've played alot more for his country, but who just wanted to conform to the idea of being a Rangers man; small-minded, parochial and not very intelligent at all.  Quite the typical mentality for a Scottish footballer.

• Upvote 3
4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Director of Football/Sporting Director/Head of Recruitment roles are by & large professional "desk" jobs; you don't need to have played the game at the top level to be qualified to do the job. And on the contrary these people will have a far more professional outlook on the role than former "pros" who are set in their ways.  Football professionals (former players) aren't actually very professional at all.  Steven Gunn is highly qualified to do the role, he's a smart guy, knows the club inside-out, knows the philosophy that the club wants to implement, probably spent alot of time building it himself with others, is in touch with what the club is seen as in its community.  In other words he's probably the perfect guy for the role. The football manager has the final say on the players he wants to sign.

To say that he isn't is the same type of attitude as espoused by ringpieces like Kris Boyd about Cathro etc etc. Look at how Boyd let himself go, a fat bastard who with some hard work could've been a superstar, should've played alot more for his country, but who just wanted to conform to the idea of being a Rangers man; small-minded, parochial and not very intelligent at all.  Quite the typical mentality for a Scottish footballer.

Very true Steven 

42 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Bizarre. You do need folk like that about the place, but as your director of football, a fairly crucial role? 

What contacts would he have? Could he spot a player? Is it purely finances he deals with? Just seems like a punter in a role meant for a professional football person. 

Does he need to spot a player is that not what the head of recruitment is for 

4 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Eh?

Tim and hun matches historically will always get a couple of K extra AFC non ST holders through the gate.

Invariably on TV as well.

Correct.

He's havering.

The proof is in the attendances. Last celtic crowd live on TV 14,135. Time before that 15,000 and rangers in between 14,790.

The increase in home support, if any, is local tims and huns. Roberto may know the odd person but I suggest that if you both think thousands are put off by prices that the only one havering is your good self. 

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

The proof is in the attendances. Last celtic crowd live on TV 14,135. Time before that 15,000 and rangers in between 14,790.

The increase in home support, if any, is local tims and huns. Roberto may know the odd person but I suggest that if you both think thousands are put off by prices that the only one havering is your good self. 

Eh? Heaps of Aberdeen fans / non ST's turn up for Rangers / Celtic games. 

Day out at the pub then down to the game to shout hatred and have a carry on. Many aren't interested enough in the Dons to do that for a St Mirren game. Also get some extra when its on a Sunday and nobody has amatuer / junior games etc. It's nae just huns/tims swelling the numbers. At £30+ a ticket its not going to be appealing to teenagers / early 20s folk who might just want to go to the odd game. 

On topic of crowds at these games though.... wonder if we will re-introduce the bigger away end for Glasgow games? Not like we need the seats anymore now that we are shite again and naebdy cares

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

On topic of crowds at these games though.... wonder if we will re-introduce the bigger away end for Glasgow games? Not like we need the seats anymore now that we are shite again and naebdy cares

So maybe this is what it comes down to; what would we prefer, an extra couple of quid on a ticket price, or an extra 1500 of that lot in the ground?

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Eh? Heaps of Aberdeen fans / non ST's turn up for Rangers / Celtic games. 

Day out at the pub then down to the game to shout hatred and have a carry on. Many aren't interested enough in the Dons to do that for a St Mirren game. Also get some extra when its on a Sunday and nobody has amatuer / junior games etc. It's nae just huns/tims swelling the numbers. At £30+ a ticket its not going to be appealing to teenagers / early 20s folk who might just want to go to the odd game. 

Correct.

Would always meet up with plenty pals who basically would only go to those games after the match for a stramash.

RUL is losing his marbles and on an apparent downward spiral with some of his recent input.

Sad to see. ?