Cormack Thread

33 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

On topic of crowds at these games though.... wonder if we will re-introduce the bigger away end for Glasgow games? Not like we need the seats anymore now that we are shite again and naebdy cares

Stuff that. I'd always said that I'd be willing to pay more for my ticket than give them a bigger area.

If it goes back to the times of having to move my seat, then I will make my feelings very clear.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Bizarre. You do need folk like that about the place, but as your director of football, a fairly crucial role? 

What contacts would he have? Could he spot a player? Is it purely finances he deals with? Just seems like a punter in a role meant for a professional football person. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0TK02IqQ7HX2wmRjYMlUsH

He discusses his role here if interested. Sounds like a nice guy and loves the club but completely understand where people are coming from regarding his credentials for job. 

2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Director of Football/Sporting Director/Head of Recruitment roles are by & large professional "desk" jobs; you don't need to have played the game at the top level to be qualified to do the job. And on the contrary these people will have a far more professional outlook on the role than former "pros" who are set in their ways.  Football professionals (former players) aren't actually very professional at all.  Steven Gunn is highly qualified to do the role, he's a smart guy, knows the club inside-out, knows the philosophy that the club wants to implement, probably spent alot of time building it himself with others, is in touch with what the club is seen as in its community.  In other words he's probably the perfect guy for the role. The football manager has the final say on the players he wants to sign.

To say that he isn't is the same type of attitude as espoused by ringpieces like Kris Boyd about Cathro etc etc. Look at how Boyd let himself go, a fat bastard who with some hard work could've been a superstar, should've played alot more for his country, but who just wanted to conform to the idea of being a Rangers man; small-minded, parochial and not very intelligent at all.  Quite the typical mentality for a Scottish footballer.

Think that's pretty accurate he's basically the person that puts the jigsaw together. He has professional scouts and football people compiling the data but effectively answer to him. 

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Eh? Heaps of Aberdeen fans / non ST's turn up for Rangers / Celtic games. 

Day out at the pub then down to the game to shout hatred and have a carry on. Many aren't interested enough in the Dons to do that for a St Mirren game. Also get some extra when its on a Sunday and nobody has amatuer / junior games etc. It's nae just huns/tims swelling the numbers. At £30+ a ticket its not going to be appealing to teenagers / early 20s folk who might just want to go to the odd game. 

On topic of crowds at these games though.... wonder if we will re-introduce the bigger away end for Glasgow games? Not like we need the seats anymore now that we are shite again and naebdy cares

I think your last line is more the issue than prices. 

My point is thousands of folk are not queuing up for this one whether it's £32 or £26. 

Our crowds v old firm have been going downwards. 

50 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

How you doing, Steven?

Haha, fair enough it does look a bit heavy on the Steven Gunn appreciation society, but the point you'll hopefully see I'm making is that the credentials to do the job don't necessarily involve having been a professional footballer; it'd be a "desirable" rather than an "essential".  I have some foundation qualifications for "Sporting Directorship", with ambitions to go further, hence the reasoning behind what I say. Slippers concisely and accurately describes the role there; Gunn is the professional fixer, the go-getter.

6 minutes ago, RUL said:

I think your last line is more the issue than prices. 

My point is thousands of folk are not queuing up for this one whether it's £32 or £26. 

Our crowds v old firm have been going downwards. 

That's the state of Scottish football. When the cheeks are getting on field support (blue side moreso than the green side), then it breeds apathy of it being a decent competition

2 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

Just seen this posted on Twitter from Dave...

Dons Live Q&A soon. Celtic Cat. A for a one-off game starts at £24/adult not £30. Launching a "You Pick 6" game package incl. 2 Cat. A games. Starts at £18.50/adult per game. Youth 18-21 starts at £13.33 per game. Less DNA disc. ST best value, then new "You Pick 6" game package.

He’s a wanker. 

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

He’s a wanker. 

Using the lowest prices in the red shed to justify the decision to raise other prices in other parts of the ground is arrogant on his part. 

But to be balanced, at least he is listening.  The you pick 6 is potentially a good idea.  Shame he has to always give us good news on ticketing retrospectively after putting his foot in it.  Just make the right decision to start with and tell us upfront. 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

In fairness to him, if the club tweet out the explanation/justification for the ticket prices, you'd get half the folk saying "he's hiding behind club statements he promised this blah blah."

The man would suck his own cock if he could, but he's always going to split opinion with his 'open' approach to being the chairman. 

I still don't think any Scottish football ticket is worth anything above £22-25 pounds. But, if his strategy is to get the red shed full, I don't mind it, necessarily. 

‘Open’ is just to feed his own ego so everyone doesn’t forget who’s in charge. 

Naming the fucking training ground after himself sums him up. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't think he named it, but any other man in that scenario would insist, it wasn't named after themselves. 

It's a bit cringe

Murray Park?

It does seem such an American thing to do and certainly not humble. Probably would have garnered a bit more respect if it was called something like the Teddy Scott Training Centre

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Let the club tweet out messages. He loves the attention. 

100% agree.

This whole "journey" is an ego trip for the wanker.

I have know doubt he is interfering big style with the management of the team via his appointed puppet.

What'smore, if he is still in position post any new stadium being built, the stadium will no doubt reference his name in some shape or form too. The Cormack Superdome. The self indulgent prick....

2 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

See when I typed that, I had a wee think for a minute, would I if I could? 

I don't think so. That kind of thing could make a man lonely. Also, swallowing your own spunk?

Id have to decide at the time IMO

Girl snowballed me once and I did the only gentlemanly thing I could think of and spat it in her face