Cormack Thread

15 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Do you agree with every song every Aberdeen fan sings? 

No. I don’t join in with the Ibrox disaster song as despite my hatred of the Huns, nobody should not return from the team you support and I don’t think it is something that should be celebrated.

Thats not sectarian religious bigotry though, is it?

I once when much younger started signing “Hitler has only got one ball” when we were over in Berlin against Hertha and was rightly told by our own support to shut the fuck up.

Theres a saying I can’t remember but it sounds like your friends are complicit by their silence and continued attendance.

religious sectarian bigotry is what SevCo is built on

23 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Course I've experienced that. Half the cunts dont know what they are singing about though. Just ignore it and give them shit back. That's what aways are for.

Im sure we've all done things at fitba we wouldnt do in every day life though. I've been lifted for stuff at the fitba i wouldnt do if i was out in the streets - caught up in the moment ken. 

I think that's giving them the benefit of the doubt. 

I used to sing the songs about the Ibrox disaster, Bobby sands etc, just being an ignorant wee tool and thinking all is fair on the wind up. You then research what went down at these things and realise there is a line that needs not be crossed. Even the Ricksen stuff, used to sing that when in a pub before a match, now I don't, because it is totally fucked, really. 

Easy to hide behind ignorance, rather than hold your hands up and say that was wrong, it still is wrong, and I'm wrong. 

9 hours ago, RUL said:

Your right we should be winning every single game. 

Your original post said something like folk would moan on here no matter what. I replied saying if we won 8 out 8 games in the league and were still in Europe and in the league cup folk wouldn’t be moaning. Notice the word “if” in my sentence. I don’t expect us to win every game but I think that is something we should aim to do.

getting papped out of Europe and the league cup, being 9th in the league,  1 win in 9 games - do you not think people should be moaning? Or should we just sit back, say nothing and rustle our sweetie papers ?

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

It's funny how you can get along well with some people then you find out they are Huns and it's always on the back of your mind after that.Never to be trusted.

Tims are only slightly below them in the hate stakes.

I actually have more hate for NE Huns and Tims.

Huns are like rabid dogs. One look at one and you know they aren't to be trusted.

Celtic fans are like sneaky bastard cats. They'll act all high and mighty, pretending they are better than the Huns and acting like everyone's pal. But they'll be singing some IRA pish and booing Shay Logan the minute your back is turned. 

Pre The Rangers winning the league last year, I actually started to loath Celtic fans more than any other in the country. The pure cockiness and arrogance was unbearable. However the Huns have shown their true colours again after their title last season

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

It's funny how you can get along well with some people then you find out they are Huns and it's always on the back of your mind after that.Never to be trusted.

Tims are only slightly below them in the hate stakes.

I actually have more hate for NE Huns and Tims.

True. When I was interviewing for folk in my department would always find a way to ascertain football persuasion of the prospective candidate. If Hun they didn't make it to round two....

6 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Good thread and some important questions being asked. 

Some sycophants being employed as well. Which is useful.

I can forgive individuals and the club, for the being shite.  As an Aberdeen fan in my 30's, incompetence is pretty much all I've known. 

What I don't like and really struggle with, are the lies - it is beginning to turn me off from the club.  Someone already mentioned it... but Cormack clearly does believe our supporters are stupid, or completely naïve.  To be fair though, a large portion of our support are both!

As mentioned, the Hunter incident exposed the so called 'prawcess' - although we knew that was a lot of nonsense all along! That just confirmed it! Then we have the total bullshit we were fed about Hernandez.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I can forgive individuals and the club, for the being shite.  As an Aberdeen fan in my 30's, incompetence is pretty much all I've known. 

What I don't like and really struggle with, are the lies - it is beginning to turn me off from the club.  Someone already mentioned it... but Cormack clearly does believe our supporters are stupid, or completely naïve.  To be fair though, a large portion of our support are both!

As mentioned, the Hunter incident exposed the so called 'prawcess' - although we knew that was a lot of nonsense all along! That just confirmed it! Then we have the total bullshit we were fed about Hernandez.

Yeah you can't preach transparency then undermine it by coming out and telling blatant lies. 

Would be better saying fuck all in the first place 

11 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Big Dave feeling the pressure, and getting his PR team to fire out a tweet or two? 

Seems it. 

Although, I doubt the pressure will bother him. He's rich as fuck at the end of the day. Doesn't live here either. 

All very strange, and fans are quite rightly asking questions. 

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

True. When I was interviewing for folk in my department would always find a way to ascertain football persuasion of the prospective candidate. If Hun they didn't make it to round two....

Bollox. Unless you were in this position a few decades ago.

You cannot interview with any questions that can allude to a discrimination on your part.

A pregnant woman could walk in for the interview and you can’t ask when she’s due.

You can only ask questions pertaining to the ability to do the job

Could be a sackable offence otherwise

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Bollox. Unless you were in this position a few decades ago.

You cannot interview with any questions that can allude to a discrimination on your part.

A pregnant woman could walk in for the interview and you can’t ask when she’s due.

You can only ask questions pertaining to the ability to do the job

Could be a sackable offence otherwise

Doesnt stop you making small talk whilst making a coffee before said interview - or general chit chat whilst showing the applicant back to reception. Happens all the time. 

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Yeah, the process crap was clearly a lie we were all willing to accept- as long as the appointment worked.

The appointment isn't working and now it's being brought up again. Like I said earlier in the thread, either he gave Glass the job without due diligence regarding other candidates- which makes DC look incompetent. Or, he gave Glass the job having exhausted all other avenues- also making himself look incompetent. 

He's not going to come out now and say he was lying, but if he wants to curry favour again he better move fast on getting Glass his coat and sounding out a suitable replacement. 

It's could become a circus, if it isn't already, really soon. 

6 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Hardly the biggest issues no, but definitely things that make sense to implement. Shooting towards the goal is maybe a bit daft, as you can't guarantee every game. Fan zones would make the match day experience much better. 

The Breidablik game we scored into the Merkland were 2 great bounces and they weren't even late on, then Cormack complained about too many seats getting broken. It's never really a bounce when it's down the other end. Drinking pints outside Pittodrie before waltzing in 2 minutes before kick off would have been good in the past few months but they've missed the chance with the weather and fuck knows how hard that is to get done because they have that everywhere in England. The red shed looks like shit. There was a lot of talk about improving the experience but nothing seems to get done. 

50 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Seems it. 

Although, I doubt the pressure will bother him. He's rich as fuck at the end of the day. Doesn't live here either. 

All very strange, and fans are quite rightly asking questions. 

He'll be worried about his reputation and not looking too good though. 

18 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Or being found out at last? It is not a good look for the club or Cormack. Was the whole Hernandez thing a favour to Atlanta. AFC should not be getting used to launder other clubs players.

Which all adds to the pressure.

4 minutes ago, huncunts said:

The Breidablik game we scored into the Merkland were 2 great bounces and they weren't even late on, then Cormack complained about too many seats getting broken. It's never really a bounce when it's down the other end. Drinking pints outside Pittodrie before waltzing in 2 minutes before kick off would have been good in the past few months but they've missed the chance with the weather and fuck knows how hard that is to get done because they have that everywhere in England. The red shed looks like shit. There was a lot of talk about improving the experience but nothing seems to get done. 

Different licensing laws than England won't help matters. 

9 minutes ago, huncunts said:

I think the club probably reckon the red shed alone is enough. There's a long way to go yet, you've got folk sitting down the front and that, out of time singing etc, songs for every fucking player. That can be sorted by fans, but the club needs to do more, also. Fan zones would a good place to start, but it can't be done by some boardroom nerd who has their own idea of a good time, they have to consult fans/fan groups. 

Aye, the Briedablik game was a good bounce. Could be like that every week but we keep shooting towards that end in the first half.

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Different licensing laws than England won't help matters. 

Yeah, they can take their drink anywhere but there's been temporary food and booze places popping up in Aberdeen left, right and centre recently. If that faux Prague place outside Union Square or the backyard place down the beach was outside Pittodrie I'd have probably pissed £30 plus towards the club rather than on King Street. 

10 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Yeah, they can take their drink anywhere but there's been temporary food and booze places popping up in Aberdeen left, right and centre recently. If that faux Prague place outside Union Square or the backyard place down the beach was outside Pittodrie I'd have probably pissed £30 plus towards the club rather than on King Street. 

Yeah, a lot of that type of place popping up everywhere. But, anything linked to football/football clubs/grounds is going to be harder to arrange. 

12 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I am and she can get her tongue out of Cormacks arsehole the sycophantic cunt she is. No doubt tweeting that shite on behalf of DC.

Jesus! No mercy!!!

50 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think the club probably reckon the red shed alone is enough. There's a long way to go yet, you've got folk sitting down the front and that, out of time singing etc, songs for every fucking player. That can be sorted by fans, but the club needs to do more, also. Fan zones would a good place to start, but it can't be done by some boardroom nerd who has their own idea of a good time, they have to consult fans/fan groups. 

Aye, the Briedablik game was a good bounce. Could be like that every week but we keep shooting towards that end in the first half.

I don't think they understand the importance of timing. A flame display in broad daylight against Ross County with a folk singer on the pitch, a few days after a European humping. They'll try a fan zone in a tent on the cricket pitch in December against Livingston. They'll get the flags sorted when the red shed is half empty and it's been 3 games without a song.

Did they organise stuff in the RDL concourse to entertain the kids as mooted or is that another thing they said but haven't done anything about? If so, why do they seem incapable of getting anything done?