Cormack Thread

When did DC come back on board? I was a big fan of what DMC did - Milne seemed to give him the support he needed and then kept out of sight, we did well in the league and while we didn’t win much silverware we had some really good cup runs. And for a few years we were a joy to watch.

but I was glad he left because by that point everything had gone to shite. But I’m wondering how much of that was down to him now? The Hernandez fiasco. Gallagher. By the time he was sacked our only strike force appeared to be three Shite loaners. If this was Deek’s doing then fair enough burn the cunt, but has anyone sat down and plotted the increasingly shite decision making against Cormack’s increasing influence over the club? How much of the last 2 seasons of McInnes was his fault and how much down to Cormack? Did McInnes get the support he needed or was he being marginalised?

As an optimist (total happy clapper) I really want to buy into all this pracwcess and vision stuff, but when people accuse Cormack of being a shinny toothed charlatan cunt I’m finding it very hard to refute that.

It's fucking scandalous that people keep asking Cormack to sort this mess out. He created the mess, it's him we need to be getting shot of.

Getting rid of Glass is not addressing the real problem, yes he's out of his depth and needs to go. But Cormack and Gunn need to be following him out of the door.

The sooner people see through Cormack's smarmy buzz words the better. The man is liar and is taking the piss out of us, the clever ones can see through him for what he is. But unfortunately there is still a high number of Aberdeen fans who dance to the tune Cormack plays.

Things will not get any better as long as Dave is running the club. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

When did DC come back on board? I was a big fan of what DMC did - Milne seemed to give him the support he needed and then kept out of sight, we did well in the league and while we didn’t win much silverware we had some really good cup runs. And for a few years we were a joy to watch.

but I was glad he left because by that point everything had gone to shite. But I’m wondering how much of that was down to him now? The Hernandez fiasco. Gallagher. By the time he was sacked our only strike force appeared to be three Shite loaners. If this was Deek’s doing then fair enough burn the cunt, but has anyone sat down and plotted the increasingly shite decision making against Cormack’s increasing influence over the club? How much of the last 2 seasons of McInnes was his fault and how much down to Cormack? Did McInnes get the support he needed or was he being marginalised?

As an optimist (total happy clapper) I really want to buy into all this pracwcess and vision stuff, but when people accuse Cormack of being a shinny toothed charlatan cunt I’m finding it very hard to refute that.

McInnes looked like a manager who was trying to get out the club. His time was up and his team were playing absolutely dreadful football.

Cormack though, has just made a wrong choice of manager. I don’t want him out, I just want him to rectify it by removing Glass and bringing in someone far more competent. 

I don’t suppose it is an easy decision for him to bin Glass as manager but he will know it is absolutely necessary. 

10 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

McInnes looked like a manager who was trying to get out the club. His time was up and his team were playing absolutely dreadful football.

Yes I agree with you. But was the reason he wanted out, and the dreadful football that he was being held accountable for, in someway associated with a lack of backing from the new(ish) chairman and the shite decisions which DC seems to be able to make with consummate ease? I suspect hiring glass is just one example, and he’s made many more that have fucked things up well before glass arrived.

28 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

It's fucking scandalous that people keep asking Cormack to sort this mess out. He created the mess, it's him we need to be getting shot of.

Getting rid of Glass is not addressing the real problem, yes he's out of his depth and needs to go. But Cormack and Gunn need to be following him out of the door.

The sooner people see through Cormack's smarmy buzz words the better. The man is liar and is taking the piss out of us, the clever ones can see through him for what he is. But unfortunately there is still a high number of Aberdeen fans who dance to the tune Cormack plays.

What p1sh. “The clever ones” ? Feck off. Cormack has clearly ballsed up with the appointment of Glass but has done a lot of great stuff for the club the Milne wouldn’t have dreamt off. Give the mannie a  chance to fix it. Glass needs to go obviously 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Do you know anyone willing to run afc? If Cormack hadnt invested milne would still be there because nobody is fucking interested. 

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, RUL said:

Do you know anyone willing to run afc? If Cormack hadnt invested milne would still be there because nobody is fucking interested. 

Much as it pains folk that is a fact, Milne was never going to plough in his own money and other potential backers saw him and his overpaid lap dog manager and thought, fuck this

11 minutes ago, EH11Red said:

What p1sh. “The clever ones” ? Feck off. Cormack has clearly ballsed up with the appointment of Glass but has done a lot of great stuff for the club the Milne wouldn’t have dreamt off. Give the mannie a  chance to fix it. Glass needs to go obviously 

Like spent £1million pounds on Hernandez? Like carrying out a rigorous interview prawcess which unearthed an outstanding candidate which just so happened to be his best pal? Like appointing Gunn as the DoF? 

I hate to break it to you, but Cormack's an arsehole. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Like spent £1million pounds on Hernandez? Like carrying out a rigorous interview prawcess which unearthed an outstanding candidate which just so happened to be his best pal? Like appointing Gunn as the DoF? 

I hate to break it to you, but Cormack's an arsehole. 

You think Mine did a better job ?

7 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Based on Cormack's records so far, then yeah I think Milne did better, which just highlights how fucking embarrassing Cormack has been. 

You clearly see something in Cormack, that'll change in due course. The man is bad news, been saying it since day one.

DC has obviously got the Glass appointment wrong but other than that I genuinely think he’s bern good for the club. I can’t think of a single thing Milne got right other than getting lucky appointing DM

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well for starters, when it was clear that McGhee wasn't the man and things weren't going to work out he sacked him. 

It is clear that Glass is not the man and things aren't going to work out, yet Cormack has not sacked him. 

Thats a bit of a leap no ? You’re conveniently forgetting that Milne appointed the guy who clearly didn’t want the job in the first place

6 minutes ago, EH11Red said:

Thats a bit of a leap no ? You’re conveniently forgetting that Milne appointed the guy who clearly didn’t want the job in the first place

OK yeah, via Willie Miller, Milne appointed McGhee. It was a fuck up, which once it became clear he took steps to rectify. 

Now, are you forgetting that Cormack appointed Glass. A guy who had no real credentials other than being his mate. Like Milnes appointment of McGhee this is a fuck up, but unlike Milne, cormack is not taking steps to rectify. That's the key difference. 

He is an absolute vanity driven, nepotistic clown. 

Cormack has his faults….no doubt about it. His lies about the so called prawcess was shameful especially when every man and his dog knew Glass was getting appointed. His open transparency spiel is  laughable. His choice of director of football is certainly up for debate….I don’t doubt Gunn puts in the hours but he holds absolutely no clout and authoritative figure that someone of his position should hold at the club. He is a mere lapdog for Cormack. But, in fairness to Cormack, he has got us the cash for the fully paid training facilities, got us new investment and reasonably backed a very very inexperienced manager during the transfer window. 
He does though need to get more serious about Aberdeen FC and start implementing the necessary changes to make the club the vision he wanted. Maybe a simple (but admittedly costly) change of management team would be all that is required….but let’s be honest and admit that under the current circumstances this cannot continue to keep going as we are.

7 hours ago, Sydney_Red said:

Correct

It started to go properly downhill as soon as cormack arrived

Milne let mcinnes get on with it, cormack meddled

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah it's fine cormack ploughing money in, but he should have got a right good experienced director of football and left everything team wise to him

Hard to disagree. 

He wants the glory, does Cormack.

21 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Correct

It started to go properly downhill as soon as cormack arrived

Milne let mcinnes get on with it, cormack meddled

Absolutely correct IMO.

We are in one feckin' mess at present.

Cormack is key to why that is the case.

He could, potentially, make decisions to improve matters but I really fear that his egotistic, "I am always right" nature will get in the way.

As things stand we're heading for a relegation dogfight and, if he ultimately punts Glass, who the feck would agree to come in and work under such an apparent twat?