Cormack Thread

17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

No where near as bad as some make out. 

Yes we need to change the manager but this squad is decent. 

Quality wise, I agree. 

If we persist with this shitshow for the next 6 games (all against the top 6) do you think this squad has the guts to scrap in a relegation battle? 

I'm honestly not so sure. 

15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Who is saying otherwise?

The problem is that it doesn't matter how good the squad is if the manager is as clear a turnip as he is

Thats why it's bad 

To be fair to Glass, the responsibility for selection etc obviously falls at his feet. However, yesterday, Bates misjudged a long, flighted ball over the top of his head (not for the first time) and Gallagher actually conspired to make himself smaller when 'attempting' to block the shot from McCowan. 

The mistakes are partially the system and partially individuals being terrible in isolated incidents. The players aren't playing well in general, and that's the crux of it. I didn't see anyone yesterday (bar Brown and maybe McKenzie and Watkins) take responsibility and try get on the ball and insisted upon things happening.

At the moment they are charlatans, who need to convince the fan base otherwise. 

23 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Tend to agree @Millertime since Cormack has come in we have regressed at an alarming rate. I still feel McInnes's time had run its course and a change was needed but, I do wonder just how much Cormack's interference contributed to McInnes's downturn. 

Probably a lot more than I gave it credit for at the time. 

It's such an amateur mistake as well

The red shed, the idea behind engaging fans more, its all great

But he needs to leave the footballing side to footballing people

He still has time to address it 

I mean bloody hell we are debt free with a purpose-built training ground and the 3rd highest budget in the league

Just accept he got it wrong, bring in a well respected DoF who in turn brings in his own first team coach and let them do what they know  whilst cormack does what he knows 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, redone said:

Me, I’m saying otherwise. 

The squad is mediocre at best. Lacking creativity and energy.  And lacking in defenders who are capable of basic , solid defending. And goalkeepers who will cost us points rather than save them.

We don't lack defenders who are capable of basics

I think glass has poisoned the players

Lewis, Ramsay, Gallagher , mccrorie,  brown, Ferguson,  mcgeouch are all players that would get into most teams

Glass very early on ditched wingers which was a mistake 

We need 2 or 3 good wingers and another striker, Thats it

That would give the balance which would in turn improve the rest of the players we already have 

12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair to Glass, the responsibility for selection etc obviously falls at his feet. However, yesterday, Bates misjudged a long, flighted ball over the top of his head (not for the first time) and Gallagher actually conspired to make himself smaller when 'attempting' to block the shot from McCowan. 

The mistakes are partially the system and partially individuals being terrible in isolated incidents. The players aren't playing well in general, and that's the crux of it. I didn't see anyone yesterday (bar Brown and maybe McKenzie and Watkins) take responsibility and try get on the ball and insisted upon things happening.

At the moment they are charlatans, who need to convince the fan base otherwise. 

The mistakes come about from the team as a whole being set up wrong, surely 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Just accept he got it wrong, bring in a well respected DoF who in turn brings in his own first team coach and let them do what they know  whilst cormack does what he knows 

Correct. 

But if he does that he'll have to restructure his new leadership team already as he's got Glass and Mowbray reporting into Gunn. 

I can see him sacrificing Glass but nae sure he'd be keen to rip up the whole new structure that's just been put into place.  Would have more respect for him if he did though. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The mistakes come about from the team as a whole being set up wrong, surely 

Partially, the space behind the full back is clearly a problem. However, a long, flighted ball like the one Griffiths scored from, should be at the very least read by Bates, and even if he can't do that, match the run. 

The second goal is a strike from the edge of the box, that's not necessarily a fault of the system, Gallagher makes a really crap attempt to block, like he did v St J at home. Just about every shot on target against us seems to go in. 

These guys are in good money for this league and really need to take some accountability as well.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We don't lack defenders who are capable of basics

I think glass has poisoned the players

Lewis, Ramsay, Gallagher , mccrorie,  brown, Ferguson,  mcgeouch are all players that would get into most teams

Glass very early on ditched wingers which was a mistake 

We need 2 or 3 good wingers and another striker, Thats it

That would give the balance which would in turn improve the rest of the players we already have 

Players don't believe in the system do they? 

Confidence is shot at the back as they are nervous now because they know they're going to be exposed one on one at some point so errors are inevitable in that state of mind. 

Some basic defensive reorganisation would help. Maybe start by telling one full back to sit a bit more when the other bombs forward. Then you've only got one wing to worry about on the break instead of both! 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Confidence is shot at the back as they are nervous now because they know they're going to be exposed one on one at some point so errors are inevitable in that state of mind. 

Some basic defensive reorganisation would help. Maybe start by telling one full back to sit a bit more when the other bombs forward. Then you've only got one wing to worry about on the break instead of both! 

God made that very point on Radio Shortbread post-match

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Partially, the space behind the full back is clearly a problem. However, a long, flighted ball like the one Griffiths scored from, should be at the very least read by Bates, and even if he can't do that, match the run. 

The second goal is a strike from the edge of the box, that's not necessarily a fault of the system, Gallagher makes a really crap attempt to block, like he did v St J at home. Just about every shot on target against us seems to go in. 

These guys are in good money for this league and really need to take some accountability as well.

I agree with you

I also think Bates actually is absolutely shite 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I really like mckenzie,  but he isn't the same type of player as Ramsay

Mckenzie is not anywhere near as good going forward but a lot better defensively

So here's an idea for a start - stop telling mckenzie to go forward!

Just now, Millertime said:

Mckenzie is not anywhere near as good going forward but a lot better defensively

Assisted our goal yesterday and is on 4 for the season. 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

3 assists this season and the best cross of the game yesterday. Was much better than Ramsay going forward last night.

We have a decent squad if you look at it on a player by player basis but there's no balance to our starting 11's and individual players are letting us down every game as well. The manager doesn't know how to get them to work, and I don't think Scott Brown playing is the answer either. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well for starters, when it was clear that McGhee wasn't the man and things weren't going to work out he sacked him. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

It was a fuck up, which once it became clear he took steps to rectify. 

This is wrang min .

It was pretty clear McGhee was no use.

4 wins from appointment in June 2009 up to the turn of the year.

That's clear enough it was not going to work out.

When was he sacked?

Another 12 months after that disastrous 1st 6 months.

So if Cormack rectifies in the manner that Milne did with regards to McGhee, if Glass manages just 2 more wins up to New Year, you can have another 12 months of Glass to be gleefully looking forward to.

Good on you for advocating as much.

?

14 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

"This would nivver have happened if Darrick wiz still here" 

You see Dave this whole opposition goal thing away to my right is vastly overrated.  Here on my left this is where it’s at. Just concentrate on your own goal and then manage manage manage the game out for all your worth.  And the beauty is nobody seems to notice the plucky 0-1s against.  Stupid buggers still clap you off.  20 years we did that.  Magical times.

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

I agree with you

I also think Bates actually is absolutely shite 

He’s had a horrendous start that’s for sure. 

I genuinely cannot think of a game in which his lack of concentration has not directly led to a goal. That’s absolutely pathetic on his part, he’s not some 17yr wee kid. 

Being a ginger means he already has to work that bit harder to gain respect from peers and fans and he’s not making it difficult to absolutely detest him. 

• Haha 2

Stewart Milne will have been saying to Cormack yesterday to stay strong and back his manager. Milne is a sneaky fucker though and will be hoping that Glass takes the worst ever manager mantle from Mark McGhee so that it makes Milne a bit more competent. 
I would put money on him already informing Cormack that he made a big mistake getting rid of McInnes.