Cormack Thread

Just now, sooth_stander said:

The squad is mega unbalanced, that’s the issue.

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad.

We are probably a centre half short. Keeper position is an issue but that’s not really anyone but that’s cause our keeper has turned to shit.

Got plenty players to fill other positions. Not sure what people expect.

Just now, DelMonte said:

I seriously don’t think it’s that bad.

We are probably a centre half short. Keeper position is an issue but that’s not really anyone but that’s cause our keeper has turned to shit.

Got plenty players to fill other positions. Not sure what people expect.

Phit?

About 8 central midfielders, yet no pacey wingers? No number 10? 3 shit central defenders? Zero cover at full back? No cover or competition for Ramirez?

41 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Phit?

About 8 central midfielders, yet no pacey wingers? No number 10? 3 shit central defenders? Zero cover at full back? No cover or competition for Ramirez?

Hedges, Samuels, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn and Hayes can all play on the wing. 

Number 10s is a made up position that a lot of teams in Scotland don’t have. Can’t think of much teams that have one. 

Hayes and McCrorie can play either side at full back. Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Watkins more than good enough in the number 9 position.

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue.

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue

I agree. The bloated squad and number of central midfielders is downright weird. But a competent manager should be able to fashion a system that works for the squad we have.  At the moment we seem to set up to make good players look distinctly average, and I really don’t get what Glass is trying to accomplish. Is it tighter at the back, more room in the final third, dominant possession in the middle, high press, width. Fuck knows. Trying to do any of the above would be good.  Asking Ojo to try and stick on Adam was the only thing related to a plan I could see.

We've got a huge amount of players.  A mixed bag mind you but enough to put together a half decent side if they're organised properly. 

There's no question that they could be deployed better. 

Putting someone like Ojo in a key attacking midfield role where he's got to play the final ball or get on the end of chances is suicidal stuff.   No much wonder things break down. 

And pushing two full backs up with two wide forwards on the flanks at the same time with only one striker in the middle doesn't do you any favours in attacking sense as you've got 4 players high up the pitch but wide when you need more folk in the box.   Then you've got central midfielders trying to close the gap to support the central striker. 

Then when you lose the ball you've nobody in the middle of the pitch and are wide open. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've got a huge amount of players.  A mixed bag mind you but enough to put together a half decent side if they're organised properly. 

There's no question that they could be deployed better. 

Putting someone like Ojo in a key attacking midfield role where he's got to play the final ball or get on the end of chances is suicidal stuff.   No much wonder things break down. 

And pushing two full backs up with two wide forwards on the flanks at the same time with only one striker in the middle doesn't do you any favours in attacking sense as you've got 4 players high up the pitch but wide when you need more folk in the box.   Then you've got central midfielders trying to close the gap to support the central striker. 

Then when you lose the ball you've nobody in the middle of the pitch and are wide open. 

Trouble is however we set up when you' have Ojo in the first eleven you fucked

So many games just past him by. He cannot pass or tackle simply brings nothing to the club

He should have left the club and become a personal trainer as is his desire 

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Hedges, Samuels, McLennan, Kennedy, McGinn and Hayes can all play on the wing. 

Number 10s is a made up position that a lot of teams in Scotland don’t have. Can’t think of much teams that have one. 

Hayes and McCrorie can play either side at full back. Gurr also signed, granted he’s shit but it’s cover.

Watkins more than good enough in the number 9 position.

Its the utilisation of the squad that’s the issue.

Hedges I'll give you - but I wouldn't say he's an out and out winger.

Samuels has proved since he came here, that he certainly isn't a winger.  McLennan has flattered to deceive throughout his AFC career.  Kennedy - dearie me!  McGinn is done and Hayes is looking like he's going the same way!

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I worked out the solution a few games ago , just get yourself so heavily intoxicated that you don’t remember anything that happened in the game and don’t check the results the next day

Most fans have already taken this up.

As for DC, well he was in attendance at dens on Saturday night & surely unless he's got hearing problems has heard the discontentment of the fans & should be coming out & saying something.

Be lucky if there's 8k there on Saturday,

15 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Stewart Milne will have been saying to Cormack yesterday to stay strong and back his manager. Milne is a sneaky fucker though and will be hoping that Glass takes the worst ever manager mantle from Mark McGhee so that it makes Milne a bit more competent. 
I would put money on him already informing Cormack that he made a big mistake getting rid of McInnes.

The glaikit yokel will have been enjoying reach arounds with Hun DMC, both sleekitly plunging the knife in when backs are turned

10 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Nonsense. The squad is more than good enough. It’s the setup that’s the issue.

So let's assume Ramirez does a hammy in training this week

Where are the goals coming from in the 6 weeks he would be out for? Samuels is just an ethnic minority version of McLennan and Jet is about as mobile as Neson's Column. Watkins might be ok but we have probably signed him a year past his peak and anyway he's usually to be found in the GP waiting room about to collect his next sick-note for a variety of interesting injuries and ailments that could be published in a book for medical students interested in a career in sports medicine.

Why is Ojo (who Glass admitted we tried to shift on in the summer) getting a regular game ahead of other midfielders like Longstaff (hardly featured at all despite being the marquee signing) or Jenks (the Ghost reincarnated)  or even McGeouch or Campbell (must've shat in Glass' shoes to be so far out of the picture)

Gallagher and Bates, both Scotland internationals looking like they're both total bombscares. So much so that McCrorie, when fit, is now considered the first pick in central defence ahead of both of them......sevco and Portsmouth considered him fucking useless there.

And then there is the small issue of two hapless goalkeepers vying for a position neither of them is capable of filling long term without committing horrific blunders about once a month.

I do agree with you that the set up is a massive issue on top of all this but I'm afraid that Glass has blown a fantastic budget on a pile of fucking dross

• Upvote 4
33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

So let's assume Ramirez does a hammy in training this week

Where are the goals coming from in the 6 weeks he would be out for? Samuels is just an ethnic minority version of McLennan and Jet is about as mobile as Neson's Column. Watkins might be ok but we have probably signed him a year past his peak and anyway he's usually to be found in the GP waiting room about to collect his next sick-note for a variety of interesting injuries and ailments that could be published in a book for medical students interested in a career in sports medicine.

Why is Ojo (who Glass admitted we tried to shift on in the summer) getting a regular game ahead of other midfielders like Longstaff (hardly featured at all despite being the marquee signing) or Jenks (the Ghost reincarnated)  or even McGeouch or Campbell (must've shat in Glass' shoes to be so far out of the picture)

Gallagher and Bates, both Scotland internationals looking like they're both total bombscares. So much so that McCrorie, when fit, is now considered the first pick in central defence ahead of both of them......sevco and Portsmouth considered him fucking useless there.

And then there is the small issue of two hapless goalkeepers vying for a position neither of them is capable of filling long term without committing horrific blunders about once a month.

I do agree with you that the set up is a massive issue on top of all this but I'm afraid that Glass has blown a fantastic budget on a pile of fucking dross

The ojo points dont change my opinion on the squad. Just because Glass rates him above that lot doesn’t mean he’s right. I’d have all 3 over Ojo.

I thought Gallagher and Bates looked decent first half but two mistakes again. I think they are both capable of better.

Watkins is fit just now and so is Ramirez so that’s two options upfront. Samuels is meant to be a striker too. 

A good manager gets this squad 3rd/4th no bother. Find it weird people don’t think it’s a good squad. There is also plenty depth. Using the fact these players haven’t played well under a total incompetent manager doesn’t wash. Another manager makes these players better.

31 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The ojo points dont change my opinion on the squad. Just because Glass rates him above that lot doesn’t mean he’s right. I’d have all 3 over Ojo.

I thought Gallagher and Bates looked decent first half but two mistakes again. I think they are both capable of better.

Watkins is fit just now and so is Ramirez so that’s two options upfront. Samuels is meant to be a striker too. 

A good manager gets this squad 3rd/4th no bother. Find it weird people don’t think it’s a good squad. There is also plenty depth. Using the fact these players haven’t played well under a total incompetent manager doesn’t wash. Another manager makes these players better.

Some think the squad is poor, some think it is decent.

We won't truely know until we get a proper manager in. And that needs to be now so that he can assess and make the necessary arrangements for Jan. 

5 hours ago, DD1903 said:

I was far from alone in warning Dons fans to be careful what they wished for

This alone invalidates anything else he writes.  

I bet he's been dying to type it as well, just WAITING for McInnes replacement to fail so he could use the "oh, I told you so" line.   

This isn't a computer simulation where you pick the right set of parameters and run the program and things just work as you expect. In real life things don't work out the way they hoped, mistakes are made, people don't adapt to new environments for whatever reason, abilities can go up and down.   Unfortunately for us, Glass has come in and said all the right things and to be fair to him, the first few games in charge we did look more exciting and scoring more goals, but it didn't last and players he brought in were either not as good as he thought or they just aren't performing to their own standards. Add in the injuries, the Fergie transfer request, the inexperience of the manager...it's all gone tits up.

I was pretty pessimistic about Glass coming in, but I did get a bit more enthusiastic from hearing him talk about the type of football he wants to play etc etc.  

There's actually people on Twitter asking if you'd have McInnes back, and people have replied that they would. People have physically typed they would with, probably, a straight fucking face, that they'd take McInnes back.  Not forgetting the fact that he was fired and we'd have more chance getting Klopp in as manager than McInnes coming back, but the short memories of some is incredible. 2 seasons of some of the most boring football i've ever seen. Even some of the defeats this season have been more exciting than a number of wins i've witnessed at Pittodrie in the last few seasons (before anyone says anything, i'm not saying "playing well and getting beat is better than winning and playing shit, just pointing out how poor the football was to watch). It was 100% a time for change. 

We've all had ex girlfriends who were boring as fuck, and you've started going out with someone new and they were actually even worse. You generally don't think "well, I should probably just go back with the ex", you'd move onto the next person and try and find the one that's right, not just revert back. 

Anyways, I am digressing from the point > LECKIE IS A FUCKING CUNT. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

A decent manager will be able to get players like Gallagher and Bates to cut out the mistakes. We've a core of a good squad, but the management team aren't getting the best out of the players at their disposal. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Saturday's Kid said:

We are averaging less than a point a game and in only three seasons have we ever got under a point a game. 1916/17, 1999/2000 and 2003/04, It's early days but it does indicate the trouble we're in.

Mcinnes had us on under a GOAL a game last season.

We were already in serious trouble.

Cormack's fuckwittery in his subsequent managerial appointment has only compounded it.

35 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I bet he's been dying to type it as well, just WAITING for McInnes replacement to fail so he could use the "oh, I told you so" line.   

This isn't a computer simulation where you pick the right set of parameters and run the program and things just work as you expect. In real life things don't work out the way they hoped, mistakes are made, people don't adapt to new environments for whatever reason, abilities can go up and down.   Unfortunately for us, Glass has come in and said all the right things and to be fair to him, the first few games in charge we did look more exciting and scoring more goals, but it didn't last and players he brought in were either not as good as he thought or they just aren't performing to their own standards. Add in the injuries, the Fergie transfer request, the inexperience of the manager...it's all gone tits up.

I was pretty pessimistic about Glass coming in, but I did get a bit more enthusiastic from hearing him talk about the type of football he wants to play etc etc.  

There's actually people on Twitter asking if you'd have McInnes back, and people have replied that they would. People have physically typed they would with, probably, a straight fucking face, that they'd take McInnes back.  Not forgetting the fact that he was fired and we'd have more chance getting Klopp in as manager than McInnes coming back, but the short memories of some is incredible. 2 seasons of some of the most boring football i've ever seen. Even some of the defeats this season have been more exciting than a number of wins i've witnessed at Pittodrie in the last few seasons (before anyone says anything, i'm not saying "playing well and getting beat is better than winning and playing shit, just pointing out how poor the football was to watch). It was 100% a time for change. 

We've all had ex girlfriends who were boring as fuck, and you've started going out with someone new and they were actually even worse. You generally don't think "well, I should probably just go back with the ex", you'd move onto the next person and try and find the one that's right, not just revert back. 

I said that the told you so stuff was a nonsense previously, but some of it valid

Cormack, in the idiotic hope that you actually read this thread I have until now, stupidly, concentrated on Glass's win rate, which has been circa 25% at Atlanta 2, Atlanta and Aberdeen. Incidentally another defeat or two with the Dons will "earn" a worse win rate than Alex Miller and Mark McGhee, who are currently the worst win rate managers on record.

However I have now checked Glass's loss record in ALL his managerial posts held and he has a 50%+ loss record at Shamrock, Atlanta 2, Atlanta and Aberdeen.

The question you will never answer remains. How was Stephen Glass considered the outstanding candidate in your "prawcess"?

Would suggest that you get to feck too and let someone else come in and restore some pride to the club going forwards.

Nothing yet from the club? Bit poor this, considering the marketing materials put out by the club over the last few months, it's shocking they aren't speaking to the fans.

Suddenly getting your head down and giving the manager/staff space like his last tweet is not going to work when you've never worked that way - although Cormack's twitter is always quieter when he's losing....

On Dave himself, i'm not amazed so many fall for his bluster. He reminds me of Eddie Hearn in boxing. Excellent talker, will do interview upon interview while his counterparts don't (or not to that level) - in turn he appears the most "open and transparent" and by proxy, suddenly people also think that means honest and thinking about others and not themself. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Hearn last week spoke about Dazn going PPV and saying it was inevitable, despite all the propoganda of that channel being that PPV was dead (which hearn is on video saying), yet Hearn is now saying "I never said PPV was dead" - The shocking thing is that being the excellent talker he is, many will believe and follow what he says.

I put the example above because Cormack is the same. Despite it being out there about Glass, Russell and Brown on forums, twitter etc, Cormack says that they did an interview process and picked the best man - it's utter lies, but due to the "open and transparent" nature, fans for the most part (especially when we were winning games) will ignore their own eyes and believed Dave. People have ignored the pure ego of naming a training ground after himself barely a few months after being involved with the club. Not even Roman Abramovich stooped to these levels.

It's what makes them such successful businessmen for their own interests as they have this element of the pied piper. People nowadays want the inside track, they want to hear whats going on, they want to know everything - when someone gives you that especially to the level of the club owner then you WANT to believe everything they say, even when clearly it's BS and you can see that, but you want to have that connection and inside track so you look past it.

What these sort of guys also have this incredible ego that must be fed to survive, otherwise they lose interest. Hearn has stuck with Boxing as it worked for him, most in the boxing game aren't known for their intelligence and he could talk his way through anything, especially being open and transparent. He tried golf and flopped spectacularly, which made him leave it as quick as he came in. Will Dave do the same if this isn't working here? Does he even have the interest level, because for all his talk of loving Aberdeen, he chooses to reside in the States. The board of Atlanta are now some of our board. We are nothing more to them than a feeder club, just like someone like Peterhead or Fraserburgh could be for us (IMO).

For me we are at a worrying juncture as a club. Was Milne a good owner? In respect of keeping us afloat and constructing a team to challenge for 3rd and occasional cups, yes he was. In terms of the brand, pushing for more, developing the community around the club and speaking to the fans (and understanding our hatred for the OF), no he wasn't. Cormack has some of the latter values, but clearly in the footballing sense we are going backwards. If we go down (heaven forbid) but if we did, does he just leave like Hearn did with golf as his ego won't allow himself to be associated with a lower club? I'm 50/50 on that myself but it's a strange situation we find ourselves in. For him to say nothing or do nothing is even stranger.

I still think the pied piper will play a tune at some point this week (maybe next if we lose to Hibs), he may even say he got it wrong (to get sympathy, not because he believes that) and he will begin his next open and transparent crusade.

• Upvote 1
On 10/17/2021 at 8:29 AM, Ernie McCracken said:

Well it's starting to look like he did. 

Wise up Milne was a fucking disaster for our club and for Scottish football in general.  Aye Cormack's made a monumental fuck up appointing his pal but he's still light years ahead of that baldy hun bastard

On 10/17/2021 at 9:02 AM, Ernie McCracken said:

Well for starters, when it was clear that McGhee wasn't the man and things weren't going to work out he sacked him. 

It is clear that Glass is not the man and things aren't going to work out, yet Cormack has not sacked him. 

That arrogant arsehole should have been handed his jotters at full time at Parkhead - Milne shamefully allowed him to limp on for another month

22 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

He’s had a horrendous start that’s for sure. 

I genuinely cannot think of a game in which his lack of concentration has not directly led to a goal. That’s absolutely pathetic on his part, he’s not some 17yr wee kid. 

Being a ginger means he already has to work that bit harder to gain respect from peers and fans and he’s not making it difficult to absolutely detest him. 

Being a hun is a far bigger affliction than his gingerism!

6 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

Disagreed with you somewhere else on the “experiment” point, but this is on the napper.

My only surprise was the Leckie column didn’t go onto *Sheepshaggurz, know your place”, but give it time….