Cormack Thread

4 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

Haven’t listened to it but seen the “fighting talk” comments which have immediately got people back on his side.

My Eddie Hearn/Pied Piper comparisons continue with him. He literally couldn’t last a week after his tweet of shutting up before going all over the media. The only thing he could do is sound angry/fight as it placates the fan base and strokes his ego as he looks the hero (already seen folk saying they wish the team had the fight of Cormack ffs)

He plays a blinder with the talk I’ll give him that, and there’s plenty of gullible ones who will follow him blindly despite our club dropping like a stone on the pitch!

Yep. Good summary.

So if the reason he didn’t want/like the other candidates for that he job was because they wanted around 80% control of recruitment, how much control (therefore blame) does Glass have of it then? All these new players down to Cormack more so than Glass?

No wonder he’s scared to sack him if he leaks the prawcess afterwards 

He is right, its only 9 game in. The issue isn't that it is only 9 games in, the issue is the way we have played in them and there is nothing there that i can see which makes me think we can turn it around. Unfortunately for Glass the next 6 games look daunting and if he cant take at least 9/12 points from them then he has to go. 

I want both DC and SG to succeed and i hope we are eating humble pie by end of the season, but I can't see how that will be the case. The fighting talk also sounds great, but it is indicative of a man under immense pressure and I get the impression he isn't a man that likes to lose. 

51 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, me too. Listening to a playback and he’s certainly passionate. Put our feelings about Glass to one side for a minute, at least DC is showing he cares passionately about the Reds 

Where can i hear the playback?

52 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, me too. Listening to a playback and he’s certainly passionate. Put our feelings about Glass to one side for a minute, at least DC is showing he cares passionately about the Reds 

He doesn't live the club as much as Hun DMC who loves it more than any fan.

I liked his digs at Hun DMC for ,. Lack of youth Development and the training regime

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So if the reason he didn’t want/like the other candidates for that he job was because they wanted around 80% control of recruitment, how much control (therefore blame) does Glass have of it then? All these new players down to Cormack more so than Glass?

No wonder he’s scared to sack him if he leaks the prawcess afterwards 

You’ve totally misheard the quote.

80% of the applicants wanted total control of recruitment. 
ie They didn’t want to work under a DoF. 

Criticise where it’s merited.
He didn’t divulge anything really. No names were mentioned & our new structure is hardly a state secret, is it? 

44 minutes ago, 1983 said:

It’s a shame none of the pundits have watched enough of us to ask why we never look like scoring, no matter the shots and stats. John Collins himself admitted he’d only seen the highlights and stats - if he’d seen 90 minutes then I’m sure he’d get a sense of how deep the possession is and where our shots are coming from.

Having said that, great entertainment from Dave. If only the team had such gusto.

Unfortunately, Dave’s now entrenched himself and might struggle to make the right call. He’s made this personal, so he now has to overcome embarrassment, as well as the pain of firing someone.

That’s what concerns me.

He’s backed himself in to a corner, big time. 
Will make it far harder for him to sack Glass if this shambles carries on. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He didn’t divulge anything really. No names were mentioned & our new structure is hardly a state secret, is it? 

80% of what total? How many applicants? Why was this specified without interviews? Did these applicants plaster this on their cvs? None would even negotiate the position or hear out the structure?

Of the remaining 20% (which could be 1 person, could be 20 depending on applicants) how many were interviewed?

As Glass clearly doesn’t have total control, how is the decisions made on transfers? Gunn has no footballing experience (plenty of business/office side), Cormack is the money man, and then Glass - who decides? 

Many have Glass as the fall guy with the old school thinking, and he even apparently said he has final say on transfers which it appears may not be true - or does Cormack just throw a list at him and say “I’m buying these players” and Glass meekly agrees?

There is a lot to this we don’t know but with Daves ego in overdrive I’d be very surprised if he’s not in the managers office constantly giving his “opinion” on footballing matters - he’s basically appearing like Romanov just a bit more savvy!

14 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

So is Cormack unwittingly insinuating that 80% of the applicants were ruled out because of this issue, rather than being ruled out because Stephen Glass was deemed to be better than them? 

If not, then why mention it, because evem if they were willing to have no control over transfers, they wouldnt have got the job anyway as Cormack deemed Glass to be a better option. 

27 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

As Glass clearly doesn’t have total control, how is the decisions made on transfers? Gunn has no footballing experience (plenty of business/office side), Cormack is the money man, and then Glass - who decides? 

There's Darren Mowbray as Head of Recruitment but who knows who makes the final decisions.

At the end of the day all Cormack has done is show us all how incompetent he is at choosing a manager. The 80% of manager’s being dismissed from the prawcess because they wanted to be in charge of recruitment was unbelievable. Any manager worth their salt would want to pick players for the club. 
Him also going on about having Stewart Milne still being there was another pointing the gun at his foot moment. 
But don’t worry folks because Hibs are in front of us because Ron Gordon got a head start. What an absolute walloper!! 

Dave Cormack is our chairman equivalent to Mike Bassett England manager. It must have been him that brought Hedges to the club.

15 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

80 % the shortlist wouldn't work under a DOF ,so I'm sure he said at the time there was a shortlist of 5, so that means only one would ? 

Wonder which candidate thar was?

Nah, 80% of applicants, the 5 that made it on to the shortlist would have been willing to work with a DoF is my guess.