Cormack Thread

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Thought the DST lad Steve Wilson spoke well; his comments on Allan Russell and Lewis Ferguson, for example, were bang on. Both  under performing massively.

Same with his McInnes comment.

Not sure why folk on here are slaughtering him.

Opinions, arseholes etc

Alan Russell is underperforming? 

A good chunk of our goals have come from attacking set pieces/corners.That’s Alan Russell.

I’d argue he’s doing a far better job than Stephen Glass.

And just my opinion, but I thought the DST lad came across as a village idiot. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, sooth_stander said:

McGinn is fucked, was years ago. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Granted, he should have known Kennedy has a back injury

Other than that, what else did the lad say wrong? 

He’s a total window licker who is a total embarrassment for the whole Aberdeen fan base. 

The Ebbe quote was so fucking embarrassing.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

McGinn is fucked, was years ago. Only an idiot would think otherwise.

Granted, he should have known Kennedy has a back injury

Other than that, what else did the lad say wrong? 

He said what was it Ebbe said about mini skirts, they go up and down ?

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A good chunk of our goals have come from attacking set pieces/corners.That’s Alan Russell.

You think Allan Russell is performing well? Seriously?  Ramsay taking EVERY dead ball delivery?

what other team has the same player taking corners on both sides, a full back at that, plus ALL free kicks?

Has he improved any of our strikers, some/all of whom he will have identified?

Russell is very much part of the problem, in my opinion 

16 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

The only reason he sounded passionate, is because he's angry that people are questioning his decision(s) with his choice of manager. How dare they

Some of his quotes tonight will come back to bite him in the arse...

Exactly. 

it’s pathetic how easily a significant portion of our fan base can be gaslight by him. All he has to do is rattle off a lot of absolute drivel, have subtle digs at rangers (1 trophy in 3 years) and be seen to shout at the nasty rangers supporting pundit and people lap it up. 

Let’s not forget the fundamentals amidst all the bullshit. 

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Fuck sakes man, so fucking what? Is this an English grammatical or historical lesson?

Did you actually listen to him? He said what all us on here are thinking 

He's the same guy who said we should've got Eddie Howe back in April. 

No credibility at all, just churned out empty platitudes. Surely, there's someone who could've articulated themselves better and made more succinct points, got quotes right, and not made us all look daft. 

Feel a bit for the lad, but fuck me, someone should have a quiet word and say maybe the public speaking lark isn't for him. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Considering our modus is to play free flow attacking football then I would hope for a lot more goals than we actually have achieved. 

Not sure converting a pitifully low % of corners and dead balls is worthy of praise tbh. 

10 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Exactly. 

it’s pathetic how easily a significant portion of our fan base can be gaslight by him. All he has to do is rattle off a lot of absolute drivel, have subtle digs at rangers (1 trophy in 3 years) and be seen to shout at the nasty rangers supporting pundit and people lap it up. 

Let’s not forget the fundamentals amidst all the bullshit. 

Some of the comments on Twitter are embarrassing. Congratulating him for that interview. It was horrendous. He's feeling the pressure big time. It's showing. There's no denying he wants to do well for us, it's just that fact his ego trip will be the downfall 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Considering our modus is to play free flow attacking football then I would hope for a lot more goals than we actually have achieved. 

Not sure converting a pitifully low % of corners and dead balls is worthy of praise tbh. 

It wasn’t praise really.. Saying he’s done a damn sight more than Glass is not praise.

That bar is not very high. 

26 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

You think Allan Russell is performing well? Seriously?  Ramsay taking EVERY dead ball delivery?

what other team has the same player taking corners on both sides, a full back at that, plus ALL free kicks?

Has he improved any of our strikers, some/all of whom he will have identified?

Russell is very much part of the problem, in my opinion 

No idea

Off the top of my head, Liverpool? TTA? 

Besides, MacKenzie takes some free kicks, usually not very well. 

Probably half our goals have come from set pieces. That’s Russell, not Glass.

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

A few quotes tonight need following up at the Q&A later in the week, one of which being, if the Head coach (as he now appears to be called) doesn’t have autonomy on transfers, who decides? What is the prawcess? Does Glass have the final say? Does Cormack have any say? Surely he doesn’t?

Glass has already said he has final say in an earlier Q&A.

The likes of McInnes wanted total autonomy on transfers. It’s quite old skool that now.

Most big clubs operate under the model we have.

Having seen the cunt Glass made of the summer window, with a bloated, unbalanced squad, I’m glad it’s taken out of his hands to an extent. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No idea

Off the top of my head, Liverpool? TTA? 

Besides, MacKenzie takes some free kicks, usually not very well. 

Probably half our goals have come from set pieces. That’s Russell, not Glass.

What is TTA?

Probably half our goals have come from set pieces. - I’m not understanding the significance of your comment there. We are hardly scoring ANY goals so half of that is fuck all.

Neither  Glass or Russell are up to task, so comparing one with the other is illogical 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass has already said he has final say in an earlier Q&A.

The likes of McInnes wanted total autonomy on transfers. It’s quite old skool that now.

Most big clubs operate under the model we have.

Having seen the cunt Glass made of the summer window, with a bloated, unbalanced squad, I’m glad it’s taken out of his hands to an extent. 

So who dictates who is brought in? Gunn, given Glass reports to him? Then Mowbray provides and then Glass decides?

16 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Some of the comments on Twitter are embarrassing. Congratulating him for that interview. It was horrendous. He's feeling the pressure big time. It's showing. There's no denying he wants to do well for us, it's just that fact his ego trip will be the downfall 

The bottom line is the folk that want Glass out will disagree with most or a lot of what he said.

I do.

It was bordering on delusion at points, desperation at others, citing stats. 

Fair play to him for coming out & speaking, not many chairman would. But unfortunately it means Glass will be here for a good while yet I think, regardless. 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What is TTA?

Probably half our goals have come from set pieces. - I’m not understanding the significance of your comment there. We are hardly scoring ANY goals so half of that is fuck all.

Neither  Glass or Russell are up to task, so comparing one with the other is illogical 

Sorry, meant TAA as in Trent Alexander-Arnold which I couldn’t be arsed typing. 

I’m not comparing really. I agree, neither are up to it, I was just stating a fact about our goals & how they came about. 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

So who decides? Gunn, given Glass reports to him? Then Mowbray procures?

Nae idea just remember Glass saying he’d have final say. 
To be fair that was pre-Darren Mowbray.

My guess is Mowbray will be given a position to find a player in. The club & Mowbray will use a database to produce a list of players suitable within a set budget & they discuss that, then Glass decides who he wants. 

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The bottom line is the folk that want Glass out will disagree with most or a lot of what he said.

I do.

It was bordering on delusion at points, desperation at others, citing stats. 

Fair play to him for coming out & speaking, not many chairman would. But unfortunately it means Glass will be here for a good while yet I think, regardless. 

Where Cormack also went wrong was speaking about Hibs and Hearts fans wanting their respective managers out last year. That has NOTHING to do with AFC and our current predicament so why bring it up?
Sheer deflection tactic to mask his own mistakes 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Where Cormack also went wrong was speaking about Hibs and Hearts fans wanting their respective managers out last year. That has NOTHING to do with AFC and our current predicament so why bring it up?
Sheer deflection tactic to mask his own mistakes 

Agree. 
I was waiting on him trotting out the Fergie at Man U thing and the Mark Robins goal.

It was an interview of deflection, delusion & digging in unfortunately.

And I’ll bet there’s fuck all reaction on Saturday, which will make him look even more detached from reality. 

3 hours ago, DoonTheLine said:

Haven’t listened to it but seen the “fighting talk” comments which have immediately got people back on his side.

My Eddie Hearn/Pied Piper comparisons continue with him. He literally couldn’t last a week after his tweet of shutting up before going all over the media. The only thing he could do is sound angry/fight as it placates the fan base and strokes his ego as he looks the hero (already seen folk saying they wish the team had the fight of Cormack ffs)

He plays a blinder with the talk I’ll give him that, and there’s plenty of gullible ones who will follow him blindly despite our club dropping like a stone on the pitch!

I read your post earlier then read the small number of morons that love rich men with huge fragile egos lapping up that total meltdown. Imbeciles.

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I fucking hate this stupid cunt.

What an embarrassment.

The whole player pool are behind the manager but yet he hasn't spoken to the players.

Aye okay Dave. Prawcess yourself and fuck off you cunt.

And the way he was saying CONSIDINE, fuck off for that as well.

Lying fucking cunt.

He only said he hadn’t spoken to the players on Friday, as he was accused of by Kenny McIntyre. 

Of course he’ll speak to the players, he’s not going to blank them or not ask how things are going, is he? 

• Upvote 2