Cormack Thread

I don't know what's more worrying, the way the club is currently being run or the fact many seem to continue to lap up the nonsense Cormack spouts.

He tried to deflect the issues by blaming the media and picking fights with those questioning him. Are folk that gullible or easily pleased?

We are in an even worse position than originally thought if many seem happy with the way Cormack handled himself on the radio. Fans blindly following Cormack as he steers us towards relegation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I couldn't care less if Cormack was sounding impassioned or sounded like he was stoned oot his heed.

Fit he said was a rambling pile o fuckin pish. Gave us plenty of things to add to the 'that didn't actually happen though Dave, did it' pile. 

The 80% DoF comments, the speaking to the players pish, this shite about our data has us actually winning those games, is all a concern.

Glass could yet start doing better and get the team winning games this season, but it'll take one hell of a resurrection to now prove he's the best manager we could of got for the next 5 years. 

• Site Sponsor

I loved it. Got stuck into McIntyre the Hun. Milne would have kissed his arse frightened of not selling houses in the Central Belt.

Didn't agree with appointing Glass.

Didn't agree with McInnes last contract.

All beyond mine or 99.999% of the supports influence.

Thing is manager is staying for now. We need to get right behind the team for next game and beyond. If things don't improve then Glass will be gone. 

You don't do what Cormack has done in business without at times being utterly ruthless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
26 minutes ago, RTYD said:

I loved it. Got stuck into McIntyre the Hun. Milne would have kissed his arse frightened of not selling houses in the Central Belt.

Thing is manager is staying for now. We need to get right behind the team for next game and beyond. If things don't improve then Glass will be gone. 

You don't do what Cormack has done in business without at times being utterly ruthless.

Bang on the money I'd say.

42 minutes ago, RTYD said:

Spot on!

Glass will go eventually if it gets to that stage.  Fans carrying on, does us no favours.  He's here to stay for the time-being and hopefully he turns it around!

• Upvote 3

What a complete and utter embarrassment the man is.

His egotistic, poor decision making is, ultimately, going to put the club so far back it will be unreal. There is now a clear and present danger that we will be relegated.

When Glass eventually goes, Cormack should follow him out the door.

Expect an article from Tom English fairly soon, which many of us will find it hard to disagree with!!

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Spot on!

Glass will go eventually if it gets to that stage.  Fans carrying on, does us no favours.  He's here to stay for the time-being and hopefully he turns it around!

Aye I think we have no other choice but to hope he can turn this around & to be honest I hope he can.

We are all wanting thr same thing, a winning team playing good football.

I can't give any answers as to why this ain't happening. 

The next few games will go along way to deciding if Glass remains or not I think.

Guest findlay_1903
10 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Aye I think we have no other choice but to hope he can turn this around & to be honest I hope he can.

We are all wanting thr same thing, a winning team playing good football.

I can't give any answers as to why this ain't happening. 

The next few games will go along way to deciding if Glass remains or not I think.

Look at the data…. It’s just a matter of time. Watch out hibeeeees we’re coming for you ?????❤️

COYR

DTID

Guest findlay_1903
1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Dave 'me me me me on a businessman with data' Cormack.

Honestly can't believe his ego is that big he went on radio to do that.

It's shambolic. 

I don’t think his good friend Ron Gordon would do it, but they are further down the transition than us! ?

7 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

What a complete and utter embarrassment the man is.

His egotistic, poor decision making is, ultimately, going to put the club so far back it will be unreal. There is now a clear and present danger that we will be relegated.

When Glass eventually goes, Cormack should follow him out the door.

Expect an article from Tom English fairly soon, which many of us will find it hard to disagree with!!

Who the fuck cares what English says or writes, just a parasite who lives off of controversy. A fully paid up member of the Glasgow mafia. 
Whatever the relevance of the content it was good to hear Cormack passion sadly missing for a quarter of a century at AFC.

The "silent majority" comment was a worry. 

I don't know a single Dons fan in real life who thinks SG should still be the manager, and just reading here it's clear most others feel the same. 

It's absolutely everything to do with his ego. 

1 minute ago, Dad said:

A couple of moments when perhaps the chest was overly puffed out - but I thought he did terrific ?.

Sure if we continue to lose then the terrific will swiftly dilute - but we willnae. 

All cunts we're playing in the next wee whiley - yous are getting fucking beat. 

See yous at Hampden ?

Nailed on wins for our next opponents 

Fuck sake 

Whilst I admire his downright brazenness, Dave Cormack struck me last night on his interview as someone who doesn't have much of a clue when it comes to football and how it works.

It reeked of egotism, self-indulgence, and that he is more frightened of not getting a return on his money rather than addressing what is so wrong with our club now. I know he's a successful businessman and all that but surely he must have the credentials to make the right decisions at the right times to get us out of this mire of quicksand having been a success, or is this just an unfounded myth?

The obsession with data and "the process" requiring to take time, leading to the line about us all needing to be patient, was quite frankly patronising to the bread and butter of our proud club, i.e. our supporters, and was bordering on delusion and insanity.

Dave, is it acceptable to dominate match statistics, have fuck all to show for it, and, ultimately, end up deep in a relegation dogfight to preserve our proud record of never been relegated in 119 years of our club's history, come May 2022? 

Like I have said before, our recruitment, of management and players, and electing of new board members was lazy, pathetic, and embarrassing, and thus, unsurprisingly, has been reflected in our results. 

If I was Stephen Glass I would be feeling seriously undermined as ultimately it seems he has next to no input or have the final say on transfers.

A fucking DoF required to do this role, get to fuck! It's a manager's job and always will be.

3 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Who the fuck cares what English says or writes, just a parasite who lives off of controversy. A fully paid up member of the Glasgow mafia. 
Whatever the relevance of the content it was good to hear Cormack passion sadly missing for a quarter of a century at AFC.

I think after last night we know who Tom
English was getting his info from last season when the Hibs game was a “must win”. English awkwardly stuck up for our start of the season performances in case he was dropped in it by Cormack as being one of the afore mentioned sycophants - problem is, DC’s ego doesn’t recognise that these journalist will be quite happy to privately tell him how right he was to help ensure they get direct access for any future titbits.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, RUL said:

The most critical folk on here don't even go to games? 

I go to games and am critical - I genuinely have not seen signs of an organised defense or wonderful creative football breaking out - in the first games of the season when there was positivity I pointed out our defensive weakness - it's not rocket science and you don't need to hide behind statistics - our defence is woeful. I'd love to see SG succeed but we are now in the good money after bad scenario - the gambler hoping the next one is the big win to make back all his losses. I'm afraid Dave is trying to drink himself sober.

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Is AFC Chat not representative of our fans current opinion? Cormack saying the silent majority support him?

Cormack just made that up. He probably doesn’t realise the number of fans who want Glass out. It will turn ugly at Pittodrie over the next 2 home matches when we are getting beaten by Hibs and Hearts. 
It was nice to hear him talk about the January transfer window a little. I wonder who Steven Gunn has lined up for us?

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Are you only a fan if you physically attend games?

I really think it impacted my enjoyment being at home watching games during covid. 

My response was more related to answering your question, afc chat isn't a true barometer. 

Mainly being dave point about silent folk. They aren't going to register on a forum as toxic as this ?