Cormack Thread

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Is AFC Chat not representative of our fans current opinion? Cormack saying the silent majority support him?

Cormack just made that up. He probably doesn’t realise the number of fans who want Glass out. It will turn ugly at Pittodrie over the next 2 home matches when we are getting beaten by Hibs and Hearts. 
It was nice to hear him talk about the January transfer window a little. I wonder who Steven Gunn has lined up for us?

3 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Are you only a fan if you physically attend games?

I really think it impacted my enjoyment being at home watching games during covid. 

My response was more related to answering your question, afc chat isn't a true barometer. 

Mainly being dave point about silent folk. They aren't going to register on a forum as toxic as this ?

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

That's not really true though.

I see many posters in this thread commenting who I know are season ticket holders/go home and away.

I'll speak for me though, I certainly don't. I'm glad I don't. I've a record of Motherwell away and that was bad enough. This emphasis on going to games is nonsense. Cormack doesn't go to every game but yet he can comment... oh yeah sorry the data.

The whole season ticket holders, who go home and away, are the authority/top fans - it's very much out of date.  

I haven't attended a game for a few years now.  However, I can't remember the last game I missed - even though I don't physically attend in person.  These days, I see more of AFC than I did when I was a season ticket holder.  I also currently give AFC more money than I did at any point during that period.  I'm officially certifying myself as a Top Don! ?

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

That's not really true though.

I see many posters in this thread commenting who I know are season ticket holders/go home and away.

I'll speak for me though, I certainly don't. I'm glad I don't. I've a record of Motherwell away and that was bad enough. This emphasis on going to games is nonsense. Cormack doesn't go to every game but yet he can comment... oh yeah sorry the data.

I don't think I worded my response well. I was just responding to sotr about afc chat not being a barometer for the fans feelings.

Folk on here tend to be more loud and confident, that's why it's so good. But I dont think if we're losing 2 0 Saturday the entire stadium will be demanding glass head. Itll be a few hundred in the red shed and 50 sparsed out elsewhere. 

The majority of fans aren't as emotive about football. That's why our games are played in near silence. 

4 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

The whole season ticket holders, who go home and away, are the authority/top fans - it's very much out of date.  

I haven't attended a game for a few years now.  However, I can't remember the last game I missed - even though I don't physically attend in person.  These days, I see more of AFC than I did when I was a season ticket holder.  I also currently give AFC more money than I did at any point during that period.  I'm officially certifying myself as a Top Don! ?

Its a shite soulless experience though isn't it? I hated watching us through covid 19. If we get blocked again I don't think I could go back to it.

11 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Cormack just made that up. He probably doesn’t realise the number of fans who want Glass out. It will turn ugly at Pittodrie over the next 2 home matches when we are getting beaten by Hibs and Hearts. 
It was nice to hear him talk about the January transfer window a little. I wonder who Steven Gunn has lined up for us?

Mbappe 

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Even then, go find a poster who still thinks he needs time...

I'll get branded as fishing but I'd put myself forward as someone that things he needs a bit more time.  The St Johnstone and Dundee games are the only two where I was properly concerned, other games I can see how things were almost working however there has to be a change to our shape this weekend and to a couple of players as well otherwise it's then clear he hasn't got it in himself to change it.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, minijc said:

I'll get branded as fishing but I'd put myself forward as someone that things he needs a bit more time.  The St Johnstone and Dundee games are the only two where I was properly concerned, other games I can see how things were almost working however there has to be a change to our shape this weekend and to a couple of players as well otherwise it's then clear he hasn't got it in himself to change it.

Fair enough. That's an OK stance to have. 

I'm of the opinion he needs a win against Hibs or at the very least a draw and a performance, otherwise it's going to get ugly. 

8 minutes ago, RUL said:

I don't think I worded my response well. I was just responding to sotr about afc chat not being a barometer for the fans feelings.

Folk on here tend to be more loud and confident, that's why it's so good. But I dont think if we're losing 2 0 Saturday the entire stadium will be demanding glass head. Itll be a few hundred in the red shed and 50 sparsed out elsewhere. 

The majority of fans aren't as emotive about football. That's why our games are played in near silence. 

I can guarantee you it'll be the majority of the red shed. 

I won't partake, should it come to that, as I don't blame him. 

Just now, RUL said:

Its a shite soulless experience though isn't it? I hated watching us through covid 19. If we get blocked again I don't think I could go back to it.

I didn't enjoy watching football without crowds... but watching RedTV is my only option.  I'd rather be there is person, but currently this is my only option.  I'm used to it and it's a compromise for the time being. I know heaps of others in the same boat.  It certainly hasn't diminished our support for AFC.  To be honest, I've been to a number of expat events, for local Dons fans - and I've possibly enjoyed them more than I did attending a freezing, wind-swept Tuesday evening  game in February. 

Guest findlay_1903

He’s gotta get until Xmas at least. With all the unit work their doing, it’ll turn. We can talk until the cows come home,  the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Let’s hope Dave’s Xmas pud isn’t humble pie. 29 games to go! 

DTID

COYR 

Finally listened to the whole thing and I’m now convinced that Dave has been in the States too long as he’s turned into Donald Trump!

He even got the “open and transparent” line in and pretty much used it as a threat to the media that he wouldn’t be when he said it - classic Trump move! Followed by the following Trump-esque moves.

Some of what he says was fine but a lot of it was just ranting and babble!

He even made sure to mention Milne is still part of the board and involved with the club, like he was shifting blame!

Name dropping people who messaged him and couldn’t believe it about things!

He even has “e-mails” praising stephen glass - it’s all about the emails Hilary! - 

One point on the 80% of applicants wanted sole control of recruitment thing was his next comment - they wanted to run like a modern club which is fine, but he said “we wanted someone in as a head coach” - In the modern game that type of person has little say in who is presented to them, they may say “aye ok” to a player (final say…)but they pretty much get what they are given from a Chairman/DOF/Head of Recruitment. I’ve wondered why Glass’s philosophy of modern pacy attacking football didn’t match his signings and that will be why.

13 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

You don't buy a football club, especially one like Aberdeen, if all you are interested in as a return on your money.

Maybe min, but it was more an interview devoid of any football nous whatsoever and more about statistics and data as the main Key Performance Indicators rather than results on the pitch. That's pure corporate rhetoric and not applicable in football.

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Maybe min, but it was more an interview devoid of any football nous whatsoever and more about statistics and data as the main Key Performance Indicators rather than results on the pitch. That's pure corporate rhetoric and not applicable in football.

Aye I agree with this, stats without context don’t mean anything.

An example would be shots on target, we could have 5 in a game and an opposition 1, but our 5 could all be scuffed or timid efforts that are easy to save, whilst the 1 for them is part of a free flowing 10 pass move that cuts us open, and they had a few off target that were the same…stats would say we are hard done by but the facts on the pitch would show otherwise

It's fine to say that things are 'almost working' and refer to data to support that argument. 

But if your Internet provider told you this on the phone after ten weeks of your Internet connection being down how long would you keep paying them before you sourced a new provider?

I think he needs to clarify the recruitment comments on his red tv piece as there's now ambiguity regarding who brings in the players. Glass saying he has final say, Cormack inferring that he is a head coach and not responsible for recruitment.  We need to know how this works so we can understand where the failings lie.