Cormack Thread

I don't see what a lot of fans on social media saw in his interview. A lot of fans were saying well done Dave for sticking up for AFC. Nobody last night was having a go at the club. They were asking legitimate questions and he went off on a tangent bunping his gums about stats and moaning that no-one cares about the club. The only stat that matters in the slightest is the fucking scoreline. We aren't unlucky. We're shite. And the fact that the manager has stuck by the same formation when it plainly doesn't work doesn't seem to bother some people. The chairman seems perfectly willing to write off this season. If results don't pick up and we go bottom at some point he can't now sack him can he?  I see no improvement whatsoever in any aspect of the team but if you speak against the chairman you're now suddenly a massive cunt and should support the huns. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I don't see what a lot of fans on social media saw in his interview. A lot of fans were saying well done Dave for sticking up for AFC. Nobody last night was having a go at the club. They were asking legitimate questions and he went off on a tangent bunping his gums about stats and moaning that no-one cares about the club. The only stat that matters in the slightest is the fucking scoreline. We aren't unlucky. We're shite. And the fact that the manager has stuck by the same formation when it plainly doesn't work doesn't seem to bother some people. The chairman seems perfectly willing to write off this season. If results don't pick up and we go bottom at some point he can't now sack him can he?  I see no improvement whatsoever in any aspect of the team but if you speak against the chairman you're now suddenly a massive cunt and should support the huns. 

Where's anyone claimed that?

• Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, Ken Esmin said:

Just listened to the interview,jesus we are screwed.

If we stick with Glass, I agree.

Next four games should be to or die IMO. 

In the unlikely event things start to pick up, I’m talking 6 points from 12, then he gets longer.

If we don’t win any, surely DC will have to act. Bear in mind, 3 of the 4 are at home, and fans won’t be shy letting him know.

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Was told it plenty of times on twitter last night ?. All because i had the cheek to say most of that interview was fabricated bollocks. 

It was obvious that Cormack had a list of bullet points he wanted to get through as quickly as possible hence the objection to being asked questions while he was working his way through his list. 

4 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Lewis 

McCrorie Gallagher Bates

Ramsay Brown Ferguson MacKenzie

Hedges

Watkins Ramirez

Yeah, as Sydney_Red said, we started with 4 at the back v the Icelandic team and seamlessly  shifted to a back 3 midway thru the 1st half. Or maybe it was the other way round, can’t remember.

Surely decent footballers have it within themselves to adapt mid game?

And conversely in the above setup, McKenzie could move to LB and then the 3 defenders shuffle over to a back 4, Ramsay into right mid and the team setup 4-1-4-1

The team above is how we should setup v Hibs in my mind, no question, altering the formation mid game if required 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It was obvious that Cormack had a list of bullet points he wanted to get through as quickly as possible hence the objection to being asked questions while he was working his way through his list. 

I still don't think he should have done the interview last night. The club says there will be a Q&A this week and he really should have just gone for that if he just wanted to list bullet points. There's no point doing a BBC interview if you just want to rattle off bullet points. 

21 hours ago, DoonTheLine said:

80% of what total? How many applicants? Why was this specified without interviews? Did these applicants plaster this on their cvs? None would even negotiate the position or hear out the structure?

Of the remaining 20% (which could be 1 person, could be 20 depending on applicants) how many were interviewed?

As Glass clearly doesn’t have total control, how is the decisions made on transfers? Gunn has no footballing experience (plenty of business/office side), Cormack is the money man, and then Glass - who decides? 

Many have Glass as the fall guy with the old school thinking, and he even apparently said he has final say on transfers which it appears may not be true - or does Cormack just throw a list at him and say “I’m buying these players” and Glass meekly agrees?

There is a lot to this we don’t know but with Daves ego in overdrive I’d be very surprised if he’s not in the managers office constantly giving his “opinion” on footballing matters - he’s basically appearing like Romanov just a bit more savvy!

Glass had control over Brown/Gallagher signing. 20%

Cormack the other 8 signings….80%

?

6 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Prove it.

otherwise > Shite

This is your usual pish to try & still claim ITK ?

When someone isn’t signed. 
left it too late

talks broke down

blah blah

We were linked with Gallagher well before McInnes was punted, also papers were running with us being in for him before Glass had even been given the job here, use yer heid.

• Upvote 1

As I remember it, Celtic were supposedly interested in Gallagher in the January window as cheap replacement for Duffy who had proven so disastrous. They wanted him in immediately but for whatever reason it never went through and Gallagher was pretty devastated. He was then linked with us on a pre-contract pretty much the instant the window closed

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

As I remember it, Celtic were supposedly interested in Gallagher in the January window as cheap replacement for Duffy who had proven so disastrous. They wanted him in immediately but for whatever reason it never went through and Gallagher was pretty devastated. He was then linked with us on a pre-contract pretty much the instant the window closed

Seriously here

What do you have to backup the fact Gallagher was "devastated"?

Is it pure and utter conjecture that you are passing off as fact?

• Upvote 1

Ok finally got round to listening to last night's sportsound and given the comments on social media and also reading the posts on here I have to say it was nowhere near as bad as expected and actually I thought Cormack spoke with passion and who clearly backed his manager.

Firstly at least he had the balls to go on the show and explain why he still backs Glass and also take no shit from the host who is a hun if I am not mistaken. Could you see any of the Tim's or Huns directors doing the same and being so honest?

Have to agree that while results of late have been pish Glass needs more time to see if he can indeed turn this around. If the comments about the players backing him and the other coaches are true then he has to give him another 5/6 games to see if he can turn this around or not and I reckon he will pull the trigger if he cannot.

We have a decent squad and anyone pishing the bed about relegation needs to give themselves a slap.

Yes it's painful just now but let's see what happens over the next 5/6 games and we will either see improvement in the squad or Glass will be sacked.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Seriously here

What do you have to backup the fact Gallagher was "devastated"?

Is it pure and utter conjecture that you are passing off as fact?

He was with Celtic as a youngster

WAs widely reported in January he was desperate for the move to go through