Cormack Thread

I heard it live last night and like some I thought he would hang up in the first few minutes, he was seriously triggered. I was a fan of Cormack at the start but ever since the prawcess cover up I've not fully trusted him, nor did I think Glass was an inspirational appointment. Whilst he was passionate last night overall I thought it was a car crash of an interview, embarrassing stuff

7 hours ago, DoonTheLine said:

The biggest thing out of all of our formations is that none of them matter if the players don’t follow instructions.

Now is our manager getting instructions across? Can the players see situations/dangers occurring by themselves? The goal we conceded to Celtic from the throw-in was nothing to do with formations or our full backs being too high, it was down to multiple players making individual decisions and errors within a 10 second spell. 

We could go 3 at the back but if they get too narrow or too wide then suddenly we are exposed again, if one goes forward, who fills in? Does Ramsay always stay high or does McCrorie shuffle across? If, to use your example, JET stayed high with Ramirez, who gives protection out wide to the overloaded full backs? If that’s the CMs then that leaves us exposed in there - just as an example of the level of thinking (and for me this is simple to for top flight it needs to go even more in depth) that needs to go into this but for the most part it needs players who can adapt to it and who have the energy and nous to spot any potential dangers as well as create opportunities. 

McInnes constantly tried 3 CBs at random times and it never seemed to work, maybe Glass would be more fortunate? Something tells me he has his one style though and can’t budge from it.

Base formations may work to an extent if you have ridiculous resources at your disposal (like Man Utd who still get results despite total tactical ineptitude) or at the lower levels where you don’t want players to do/think too much and keeping it simple is a good/safe mantra - for us to compete with the top sides it needs to be more than just a formation, it needs to be what a team does with and without the ball and how they manipulate situations to allow us to win games.

My fear is that playing 3 kinda 5 at the back is going to slow down an already glacially-slow attacking side like ourselves, and 2 kinda 4 in midfield is going to see us swamped by teams who might want to stick an extra midfielder in there. 

Every player we pull back into defence leaves us weak further up the field, and while we might be conceding fewer goals just through weight of numbers at the back, with only one opportunity-starved forward up top we may very well score even fewer goals. 

Assuming this is what Glass does. 

Which he might not, anyway. 

Carry on.

27 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You're at it min. A desperado getting the Aberdeen manager job. Fuck off.

We are a club that badly needs a manager in the Alex Smith mould.

Graham Potter is your man.

Incredibly , you may actually have inadvertently stumbled on a solution among your inane pish.

Potter’s assistant at Brighton is ex-Hamilton manager , Billy Reid.  And it’s a manager in his mould, we need. One who can organise a squad of journeymen to be greater than the sum of its’ parts and the team to collectively punch above their weight.

Doubt if Reid himself would be interested, but if he could be tempted , we could do worse.

Forgot to add that the biggest cringe moment of that show was when they said Gerrard was on a short list for the Newcastle job along with Emery and Martinez.....

Fucking hell he should have no chance when you compare the managerial careers of the other two. 

That and there was the usual "why would he take a job with a smaller club" remarks until John Collins reminded them of the potential spending power Newcastle now have in the premiership.

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I suggested Graham Potter when he was at Ostersund.

No way he’d come to us now

Oh I don't know......

In the EPL he will certainly be in the bottom 5 of managers earnings wise

I think if Colgate offered him £100k/week  and a modest £25 million transfer budget he'll be booking his flight up from Gatwick in the morning Actually scrub that.....he'll be telling Colgate to arrange him a private jet up from Gatwick in the morning

It's in the bag

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Oh I don't know......

In the EPL he will certainly be in the bottom 5 of managers earnings wise

I think if Colgate offered him £100k/week  and a modest £25 million transfer budget he'll be booking his flight up from Gatwick in the morning Actually scrub that.....he'll be telling Colgate to arrange him a private jet up from Gatwick in the morning

It's in the bag

Haha,

You’re not seriously thinking it’s possible. Even is Aberdeen were to offer him 1/3rd of our revenue intake, it still would not be enough.

As for the budget he has, he’s spent more than double the £25M your offering this season.

one of their signings was over £20M. A boy signed fae Red Bull Salzburg

14 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Forgot to add that the biggest cringe moment of that show was when they said Gerrard was on a short list for the Newcastle job along with Emery and Martinez.....

Fucking hell he should have no chance when you compare the managerial careers of the other two. 

That and there was the usual "why would he take a job with a smaller club" remarks until John Collins reminded them of the potential spending power Newcastle now have in the premiership.

Dick Emery has a better record than Gerrard.

One for the older folks on here maybe 

33 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Haha,

You’re not seriously thinking it’s possible. Even is Aberdeen were to offer him 1/3rd of our revenue intake, it still would not be enough.

As for the budget he has, he’s spent more than double the £25M your offering this season.

one of their signings was over £20M. A boy signed fae Red Bull Salzburg

£25 million would be a reasonable budget in comparison to the arse cheeks.....we don't play in the EPL

Or I might have been a bit disingenuous with my motives

You decide.........

33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

£25 million would be a reasonable budget in comparison to the arse cheeks.....we don't play in the EPL

Or I might have been a bit disingenuous with my motives

You decide.........

Yeah, I thought you were just perpetuating the delusional myth

That said, he is of an age that he could have fallen in love with our team in the early 80’s and want to reinvigorate us to those dizzy heights again……………… or not ?

22 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Peter Hetherston pretty much nailing it? 

The main thing he says is glass isn't ruthless

He replaced Lewis as captain and also dropped him when he wasn't performing

He made Gallagher wait to get in the team

He has subbed ferguson off a few times

I dont think not being ruthless is something you  can level at him