Cormack Thread

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We haven't won since we beat the Icelandic mob on the 12th August.  

And that night, sitting in the SS, watching ball after ball getting pinged over McKenzie’s head in the 2nd half, who’d have thought that would still be happening 10 weeks later?

We got away with one that night.

5-3 up on aggregate with 25 mins to go and he’s still pushing the full backs high?

3 hours ago, thurso said:

Jim bett now there’s a man we need he was way better than any midfielder in Scotland is now never mind our team. 

Always thought Bobby Conner was underrated. 

peter hetherston not so much 

Hadn’t realised until yesterday that Bett played against us at Tynecastle in the do-or-die game in 94-85 season. Couldn’t have been an easy game for him to play in given his affections for our club  

found that out when Glexit talk touched on the fears of relegation.

4 hours ago, super_al said:

I am 100% convinced in the long term project. The key is that its long term.

Really?

Glass is out his depth. He needs taken out of it for his own good.

Gunn is out his depth & shouldn’t be in his role either. The incredible & worrying thing is, as “Director of Football” he’ll have a huge part in deciding the new “head coach”. 

The structure may be right & common in a lot of clubs… the personnel are out their depth 

4 hours ago, super_al said:

I am 100% convinced in the long term project. The key is that its long term.

Really?

Gunn is out his depth & shouldn’t be in his role either. The incredible & worrying thing is, as “Director of Football” he’ll have a huge part in deciding the new “head coach”. 

The structure may be right & common in a lot of clubs… the personnel are out their depth 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Really?

I may be being stupid and have maybe missed something, but how is Gunn out of his depth? 

Apart from not being an ex footballer and coming through the ranks so to speak at Pittodrie

5 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

I may be being stupid and have maybe missed something, but how is Gunn out of his depth? 

Apart from not being an ex footballer and coming through the ranks so to speak at Pittodrie

It's hard to say that as yet, I agree. It does concern me though that we've appointed someone who appears to be completely unqualified. 

Hopefully he steps up and does a great job, however the fact he was appointed after the manager suggests that he's not been given the power the DoF rule should command anyway. 

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's hard to say that as yet, I agree. It does concern me though that we've appointed someone who appears to be completely unqualified. 

Hopefully he steps up and does a great job, however the fact he was appointed after the manager suggests that he's not been given the power the DoF rule should command anyway. 

Or maybe the plan all along was to get him in that position, the footballing philosophy (lol) was already decided, Gunn I think has said that in the last few years he was getting more responsibility and dealing with more of the football side of things. 

It depends what the director of football role is,

For me I'd have the job spec,  liaising with the manager over, what targets are for season,  how the teams at all levels are structured,. Helping to co ordinate and identify scouts, 

Discussion over player budgets, the recruitment of players, and the director of football,  being the one to negotiate player terms, 

Opposition reports etc, should be organised by the dof, 

Suspensions appeals  and discipline signed off by him,

A figure with experience as a coach, manager , who has conducted transfers before, someone with a name in the game who can have a respected reputation,

A figure head for the club , who will deal with media duties, if manager unavailable.

He also needs to be the conduit between the board and manager, and a sounding board for the manager or head coach,

He also needs to have a say in the appointment of the head coach

All the above , bar the last sentence ,don't cry out that peely waaly fucker Gunn to me

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cruickc2 said:

The question is, with his lack of a football background, would you want him to be largely responsible for hiring SG’s replacement, assuming (& hoping) he’s gone soon?

Because that’ll be in his remit. 

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The question is, with his lack of a football background, would you want him to be largely responsible for hiring SG’s replacement, assuming (& hoping) he’s gone soon?

Because that’ll be in his remit. 

Yeah I think Cormack should have split the football administration and the football operation functions so that a football person was directly reporting into him as well as Gunn. 

Did anyone see the snippet from the Falkirk Q&A in front of a live audience? The question that was asked is one that could be levelled entirely at us. The chairman's response to that question is slightly embarrassing ?. I think Mr Cormack should do a live version completely unscripted and let's see how well he comes out of that one. Probably mention "I love Rowies" and get the fanboys right beside him. 

46 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

It depends what the director of football role is,

For me I'd have the job spec,  liaising with the manager over, what targets are for season,  how the teams at all levels are structured,. Helping to co ordinate and identify scouts, 

Discussion over player budgets, the recruitment of players, and the director of football,  being the one to negotiate player terms, 

Opposition reports etc, should be organised by the dof, 

Suspensions appeals  and discipline signed off by him,

A figure with experience as a coach, manager , who has conducted transfers before, someone with a name in the game who can have a respected reputation,

A figure head for the club , who will deal with media duties, if manager unavailable.

He also needs to be the conduit between the board and manager, and a sounding board for the manager or head coach,

He also needs to have a say in the appointment of the head coach

All the above , bar the last sentence ,don't cry out that peely waaly fucker Gunn to me

So essentially you want Craig Levein?