Cormack Thread

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I’m not saying he was. Just wondered if he was influenced by the encumbrance recruitment team because it was a Main MKII type signing.

Those goals you’ve rightly pointed out will have put him in a better thoughts for Glass as a decent signing.

Interestingly Jet played the full 120 minutes in the cup game and the full 90 minutes in the league game against us.  

Yet he doesn't appear to be able to play more than a half since he's been here. 

The more I think of it, the more I think the re-signing of Hayes last year was another Cormack vanity signing. Cormack adored him.

Not saying McInnes didn’t but Hayes was probably funded directly out of Cormack’s pooch.

Looking forward to McInnes’ autobiography in ten or so years, once the confidentiality clause has lapsed.

Like him or loath him, there must have been shit going down backstage that maybe now, is becoming apparent 

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

The more I think of it, the more I think the re-signing of Hayes last year was another Cormack vanity signing. Cormack adored him.

Not saying McInnes didn’t but Hayes was probably funded directly out of Cormack’s pooch.

Looking forward to McInnes’ autobiography in ten or so years, once the confidentiality clause has lapsed.

Like him or loath him, there must have been shit going down backstage that maybe now, is becoming apparent 

No no. That was Dereks lazy recruitment. Slag DC off for the right things, at least.  

34 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

To be fair, we all adored Johnny Hayes in his first spell. Probably one of the best players to play for Aberdeen in the last 30 years. 
Fuck knows what’s happened to him like

6 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

To be fair, we all adored Johnny Hayes in his first spell. Probably one of the best players to play for Aberdeen in the last 30 years. 
Fuck knows what’s happened to him like

I think we asked him to do too much last year as a wing back in a back 3. Despite that I thought he was our best player up to November along with Hedges. 

Legs have started to go this year though. 

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think we asked him to do too much last year as a wing back in a back 3. Despite that I thought he was our best player up to November along with Hedges. 

Legs have started to go this year though. 

Crazy talk. He’s been absolutely horrific since we re-signed him, though not through lack of effort.

8 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Gunn has a Uni degree in HR, accordingly to Dave. Came to AFC straight after and worked his way thru the ranks.

Maybe we are getting TOO hung up on the role of the DoF but it’s part of Dave’s brand new world so is entirely relevant. The only other time we’ve had anything like a DoF was Willie, during the Calderwood years and to be fair, what would he know about finances, logistics etc etc?

Its just fuck up after fuck up. Amazing really, when you look at how successful both Dave and Milne have been otherwise professionally 

On DC, I’ve criticised  him, or implied my criticism elsewhere in this thread.

I would say however in the interest of balance that some of his other work has been superb. I’ll never forget the outreach work that AFC did over some of the dark days of the lockdown. I don’t live locally to AFC, but my old man does, and he received three, maybe four calls at various points from AFC just really to see how he was and to have a good blether. It gave him a massive boost. That was brilliant, and had DC written all over it. Don’t believe it would have happened under Stewartie.

That and the Red Shed, the passionate defence of the club and being open to the stadium being back close to Pittodrie rather than out by Torphins or wherever. All excellent things.

With or without the ego, he has a huge amount to offer. I just wish he wasn't all Vladimir Romanov when it came to the fitba side of things, as I’m pretty sure he’s just as hands on there, even more-so, and that doesn’t generally end well.

If Cormack wanted to ease the pressure on Glass, the best thing he could have said was "Stephen doesnt have control of transfers, and unfortunately during the summer we were without a head of recruitment. By the time that Mowbray was appointed the transfer activity was mostly done.  We acknowledge that the transfer activity during this period fell far below the standard required for Aberdeen FC and Stephen has been badly let down by the club in this respect"

Of course if that wasn't true, I guess he couldn't say it. 

12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

If Cormack wanted to ease the pressure on Glass, the best thing he could have said was "Stephen doesnt have control of transfers, and unfortunately during the summer we were without a head of recruitment. By the time that Mowbray was appointed the transfer activity was mostly done.  We acknowledge that the transfer activity during this period fell far below the standard required for Aberdeen FC and Stephen has been badly let down by the club in this respect"

And piss off all the players they'd just sign!? Lolz

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

And piss off all the players they'd just sign!? Lolz

Well in that case I guess there is no way that they can be truely transparent with the fans (assuming that internally they acknowledged they fucked up big time in the transfer market) unless they sign onto the mass delusion that is currently gripping the club. 

P. S. Any player being kept out of the team due to Funso Ojo is likely to be pissed off!! 

8 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well in that case I guess there is no way that they can be truely transparent with the fans (assuming that internally they acknowledged they fucked up big time in the transfer market) unless they sign onto the mass delusion that is currently gripping the club. 

P. S. Any player being kept out of the team due to Funso Ojo is likely to be pissed off!! 

He could say it after moving the players on, but not whilst they're still there. They'd down tools. Tbh, I don't think a chairman should be  discussing that area at all

Can't help but think that since Cormack Park was built the players have went soft.

They were much harder when training on the beach in winter or avoiding dog shit at Seaton Park ....

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

When was the last time Aberdeen trained at Seaton Park?

Many moons ago.

Was attempting to highlight difference between the bygone players who just gone with it and today's pampered players.

In a nutshell since Cormack Park was built our performance has went off a cliff, under both DM and SG.

32 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Intreresting final game of the season Aberdeen v Ross County. 1) Who will be manager?  2) Who will be chairman?   3) Who will be relegated and who will be in the play offs?

That's only the final match of the 33 games before the split takes place.

But to answer your questions

1) Whoever replaces Glass

2) Cormack

3) Livingston. With Coonty in the play off position

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

Many moons ago.

Was attempting to highlight difference between the bygone players who just gone with it and today's pampered players.

In a nutshell since Cormack Park was built our performance has went off a cliff, under both DM and SG.

Cormack Park wasn’t built many moons ago and our performances have been shit for many years after leaving Seaton Park.

The players that trained at Seaton park and the beach was a different footballing era and you can’t compare to the modern game.

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I'm guessing that Cormack is extremely confident that we'll beat Hibs, and is waiting until till after the game to have it, probably sometime next week. 

Of course, given that we won't beat Hibs it's anyone's guess when it will be. 

Yeah because then he can revel in only being 4 points behind them.

Rather than 10 points

17 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

? Fucking hell. ?‍♂️