Cormack Thread

8 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

? Fucking hell. ?‍♂️

Haha. Glass apologist latching onto anything they can . Deflect, deflect, deflect!  ?

But yeah youre right the post was unrealistic, a metaphor if you will,  not a serious suggestion. And no, I didn't think Cormack could or would ever say that.  It's just they he says he wants to be transparent but we all know he can't be. 

But hey, keep trawling. If I post some more stuff that can be deemed crazy maybe that means Glass is a good manager. 

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Cormack Park wasn’t built many moons ago and our performances have been shit for many years after leaving Seaton Park.

The players that trained at Seaton park and the beach was a different footballing era and you can’t compare to the modern game.

Our performance has been shit since end of 2017 season, not many years.

Especially shit since the opening of Cormack Park.

I would like to understand why that is the case.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

We were shit for a decade before McInnes came in and after we stopped using Seaton Park.

My son’s trained quite a bit at Cormack Park, it’s a superb surface to train on (albeit he’s not trained on the first team pitch), the gym facilities are far better than they had at Pittodrie as well.

‘It’s silly to blame the facilities / surface / location, when it’s down to what the managers / coaches do during the training sessions

What has happened to our club and support that we now crumble under the scrutiny of the Glasgow press? As soon as we got rid of ‘one of their own’ in McInnes the knives were out for us, praying for us to fail to ram the “careful what you wish for” mantra down our throats. 

yes we are shite at the moment, but I’d rather we give someone like Glass a bit of time to get it right and have a siege mentality - The one thing Cormack got right on Monday was that the media don’t want to see Aberdeen succeed. They hate us with a passion and always will do, and that is precisely what should fuel the support to get right behind someone like Glass (no affiliation to Glasgow) in the hope that he does succeed and turn us into some sort of team that isn’t a soft touch as soon as they play either of the cheeks.

FTOF and everyone else, we look after our own. 

• Upvote 4

Cormack has done some good things but on the most important issue - the appointment of the manager he has messed up. It was a nice experiment but most can see it is not going to work. For me the writing was on the wall after the Utd cup game last season. An inept performance and something that can't just be put down to the squad not being Glass's. There have been far too many repeats of the same this season.

Cormack was there chatting with fans after the Raith game. I spoke to him saying please tell me we are not going with that squad for the season. He did say they were trying to sign players  ( which to be fair they did) and it wasn't easy bla bla and Covid made it hard. When I said Raith had to deal with Covid too  he said he wished he had their wage bill. Wtf? Thought that was such sh#te that it made me and my loon really worried for the future.

Rather than telling us the reserve league in the US is better than the Scottish championship can he not give examples of people with Glass's experience that have become top class managers? Probably not.

Finally, and sorry for the long post. Can he tell us why running an IT business in the US qualifies him as a football club chairman? Being a fan is not enough.

Don't even get me started on the prawcess!

Stand free!

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Woody21 said:

Because we’ve lost loads of very good players that we had about 4 or 5  years ago  , either by being transferred or declining through age ....and we’ve replaced them with players that aren’t nearly so good. 

Thats the main reason.

We also had a very good manager about 4 or 5 years ago.  We’ve replaced him him with one that has done nothing so far to suggest he’s anywhere near as good.

7 hours ago, JazzaBett said:

Finally, and sorry for the long post. Can he tell us why running an IT business in the US qualifies him as a football club chairman? Being a fan is not enough.

Don't even get me started on the prawcess!

Stand free!

Celtic's chairman owns a chain of whisky retailers. Sevco's owns a bus company. Hearts' one was in the same line of business as Cormack but isn't even a man.

I think the vast majority of club chairmen in the UK historically have been wealthy fans, very few have had careers in football either as players or in coaching/managerial roles.

10 hours ago, Liam said:

What has happened to our club and support that we now crumble under the scrutiny of the Glasgow press? As soon as we got rid of ‘one of their own’ in McInnes the knives were out for us, praying for us to fail to ram the “careful what you wish for” mantra down our throats. 

yes we are shite at the moment, but I’d rather we give someone like Glass a bit of time to get it right and have a siege mentality - The one thing Cormack got right on Monday was that the media don’t want to see Aberdeen succeed. They hate us with a passion and always will do, and that is precisely what should fuel the support to get right behind someone like Glass (no affiliation to Glasgow) in the hope that he does succeed and turn us into some sort of team that isn’t a soft touch as soon as they play either of the cheeks.

FTOF and everyone else, we look after our own. 

I love the anti-Glasgow/anti-media thing.

I do…..

… but you then ruin it by referring to the “Old Firm”…a term that died in 2012, when “Rangers” were liquidated & died. 

8 hours ago, JazzaBett said:

Cormack was there chatting with fans after the Raith game. I spoke to him saying please tell me we are not going with that squad for the season. He did say they were trying to sign players  ( which to be fair they did) and it wasn't easy bla bla and Covid made it hard. When I said Raith had to deal with Covid too  he said he wished he had their wage bill.

More evidence pointing to the boy being a clueless cunt.

Right!

RIGHT!

Fucking tit.

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha yeah cormacks use of the word "right " is very aggressive

I like it 

RIGHT?

He's going to look like a RIGHT idiot RIGHT if we get pumped again today RIGHT after his ranting and raving on the radio the other day, RIIIIGHT. The follow up interview would be absolutely epic though if they invite him back on.

11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

He's going to look like a RIGHT idiot RIGHT if we get pumped again today RIGHT after his ranting and raving on the radio the other day, RIIIIGHT. The follow up interview would be absolutely epic though if they invite him back on.

Haha yep

Everything is set up to burst out of the rut and dismantle hibs today

If we don't, then we never will and need to make a change

The adrenalin should be absolutely pumping 

• Upvote 1
Guest findlay_1903
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Haha yep

My thoughts EXACTLY. 
Todays IS the day. One way or another, something will have to give. COYR DTID

14 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

We were shit for a decade before McInnes came in and after we stopped using Seaton Park.

My son’s trained quite a bit at Cormack Park, it’s a superb surface to train on (albeit he’s not trained on the first team pitch), the gym facilities are far better than they had at Pittodrie as well.

‘It’s silly to blame the facilities / surface / location, when it’s down to what the managers / coaches do during the training sessions

WIll take your word on quality of Cormack Park facilities, don't have first hand experience.

However the fact that DM, and SG to date, haven't used them to better our on pitch performance is certainly a concern.

I appreciate that modern players etc are a far cry from the past but having recently watched the "Three Kings" documentary about Shankly, Stein and Busby I still reckon that their superb man management skills would still work in today's society.

They were hard men from a hard mining community but they did know how to mould a football team via persuasion and tactical nous.

Impressions thus far suggest to me that this cunt is a flash clown.

A fucking imposter who has struck it lucky (apart from dental procedures) and has an ego the size of a brontosaurus toldie.

One who seems to not have the slightest clue what he is doing.

I'll be delighted if these initial suspicions prove completely unfounded, and he does indeed turn out to be our saviour.

No cunt on the hat would be happier than me.

Unfortunately we are where we are (see above), and it really is up to him to convince folk otherwise.

Comes across as an absolute gype.

Sorry.

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

WIll take your word on quality of Cormack Park facilities, don't have first hand experience.

However the fact that DM, and SG to date, haven't used them to better our on pitch performance is certainly a concern.

I appreciate that modern players etc are a far cry from the past but having recently watched the "Three Kings" documentary about Shankly, Stein and Busby I still reckon that their superb man management skills would still work in today's society.

They were hard men from a hard mining community but they did know how to mould a football team via persuasion and tactical nous.

In the Never Give In documentary, Alex Ferguson made a point of letting his players know where he came from and what the life was like. He then related it to them and asked them what life their fathers and grandfathers had (not being sexist, just the norm for the different era).

It helped the players appreciate how fortunate they were to have such a life and not take for granted

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Haha yep

The blow of another defeat would be slightly softened by the thought of him having another meltdown on live radio at least.

Yes, you'd like to think the team will be properly pumped up and come out fighting for every ball and going at Hibs all guns blazing. Needs a crunching tackle from Brown early on to show we mean business. Time will tell... if the players aren't probably psyched up for this one, it's a lost cause.

16 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The blow of another defeat would be slightly softened by the thought of him having another meltdown on live radio at least.

Yes, you'd like to think the team will be properly pumped up and come out fighting for every ball and going at Hibs all guns blazing. Needs a crunching tackle from Brown early on to show we mean business. Time will tell... if the players aren't probably psyched up for this one, it's a lost cause.

Yep

I think we are genuinely doing it though 

Get Lewis back in the team and tell the boys to forget the first few months, slate is wiped clean and go out and fucking dismantle hibs

• Upvote 1
Guest milne_afc
On 10/18/2021 at 8:19 PM, milne_afc said:

he’s basically the best chairman in the country 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, milne_afc said:

A win against Hibs and he’s a genius

My billionaire Chairman ?

18 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Cormack will see his rousing and spirited appearance on the radio earlier this week as a masterclass in motivation and inspiration given today's result. Expect more radio rants to come.

If we get the 3 points every time then let the rants continue. 

RIGHT