Cormack Thread

7 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Dave "The Genuis" Cormack signs Ronnie Hernandez for 900k pound sterling from Europe. Rarely plays. Chills in America. Loaned to ATL. ATL says pass. Ronnie is not planning to report back to Aberdeen.

FC Cincinnati brings in young prospect Vallecilla directly from Ecuador with an option to buy at 1m usd (less than Ronnie). He performs well and now FC Cincinnati will likely proceed with the transfer.

Aberdeen is right on the PL's doorstep. Clubs all over the world would surely like to do business with a sell on. 

The problem is the leadership. 

Yip it all rests on Cormack and his baffling approach. 

• 1 month later...

27 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19816847.dave-cormack-looking-emulate-nordsjaelland-success-story-aberdeen-increased-focus-youth/

"DAVE Cormack has revealed he would like Aberdeen to emulate innovative Danish club Nordsjaelland in the coming seasons – by bringing through more home-grown players and then selling them on for substantial profits."

Makes sense

8 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19816847.dave-cormack-looking-emulate-nordsjaelland-success-story-aberdeen-increased-focus-youth/

"DAVE Cormack has revealed he would like Aberdeen to emulate innovative Danish club Nordsjaelland in the coming seasons – by bringing through more home-grown players and then selling them on for substantial profits."

He'll have to start importing more African loons then. Nordsjaelland have ties with clubs in Ghana and other countries in that continent where some of the more highly rated kids move to join the club.

8 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

He names Dean Campbell, Connor McLennan, Jack MacKenzie and Calvin Ramsay as the home grown players who have featured a lot for Stephen Glass’ team. Ramsay is without doubt the outstanding talent. MacKenzie is fairly decent but hasn’t featured for a while now. The other two are hardly going to command a fee never mind a bumper transfer fee. 
The reality is we need to produce more Calvin Ramsay type players every season only to see them punted as quick as so our rich chairman can feel better about his investment in our football club. 
What I want to know is what type of Aberdeen team does he see us doing anything with if he sells all the future stars?

1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

He names Dean Campbell, Connor McLennan, Jack MacKenzie and Calvin Ramsay as the home grown players who have featured a lot for Stephen Glass’ team. Ramsay is without doubt the outstanding talent. MacKenzie is fairly decent but hasn’t featured for a while now. The other two are hardly going to command a fee never mind a bumper transfer fee. 
The reality is we need to produce more Calvin Ramsay type players every season only to see them punted as quick as so our rich chairman can feel better about his investment in our football club. 
What I want to know is what type of Aberdeen team does he see us doing anything with if he sells all the future stars?

Surprised he didn't mention Considine as well. 

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

On a serious note though that's why we've got to start bringing in young talent from other clubs again as well as trying to bring through our own. 

Of the players that have been sold for decent money or are being earmarked as going for decent cash there's been a split of home grown and ones we've picked up elsewhere (Cosgrove, Ferguson) 

Can't regenerate a club both on the pitch and financially with a squad which is 2/3 full of 30 plus players. 

I get where he’s coming from but it’s all pointless unless results are on the pitch. I couldn’t give a fuck about selling Ramsay for 10m unless it’s reinvested successfully and we start to close the gap on top of table. All that money in transfers and they sit on third bottom of a league similar to ours. That’s not success for me. The worry for the likes of them is how much money actually filters back to the club and how much goes to the group that owns the 2 clubs. Just looked at the transfers the past 3 seasons having taken in 10s of millions they have reinvested about 5%….

3 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

I am admittedly not the biggest Andrew Considine fan in the world but that certainly would have been stretching it from Cormack if he thought he could get a fee for a guy who looks to have played his last match.

I was being facetious. 

Naming Campbell and McLennan as guys featuring under Glass was a wee bit if a stretch as well.  Neither have been regular starters and both broke through about 3 years ago. 

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

On a serious note though that's why we've got to start bringing in young talent from other clubs again as well as trying to bring through our own. 

Of the players that have been sold for decent money or are being earmarked as going for decent cash there's been a split of home grown and ones we've picked up elsewhere (Cosgrove, Ferguson) 

Can't regenerate a club both on the pitch and financially with a squad which is 2/3 full of 30 plus players. 

I think that is a major part of why Mcinnes got the dunt. He didn't trust youth and was quite happy with 30+ plodders. 

Just now, bonzodaddy73 said:

I think that is a major part of why Mcinnes got the dunt. He didn't trust youth and was quite happy with 30+ plodders. 

Except he did bring in younger players from other clubs. McLean, Shinnie, Ferguson, Cosgrove, Shankland, McCrorie etc. 

The new regime have yet to do this. I accept its only been one transfer window but we doubled the number of 30 plus players in one window. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was being facetious. 

Naming Campbell and McLennan as guys featuring under Glass was a wee bit if a stretch as well.  Neither have been regular starters and both broke through about 3 years ago. 

I was being serious ?

I know I got stick for my lambasting of Dean Campbell (which I still stand by)…my point about them not being involved enough is valid though and a decent loan out to as big a club as possible would surely help these lads improve. They are too comfortable at Aberdeen and need a serious challenge. Somewhere where they have got to seriously roll up the sleeves and produce performances to make sure the team gets a result as they might be the main players. It will benefit them in the long run. 
I seriously want them to do well but they have got to ask themselves if they are doing enough….if they say yes then they are kidding everyone including themselves on.

51 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

The journalist mentioned those players, not Cormack.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I was being facetious. 

Cormack doesn't name them, the journalist mentions them. 

beaten to it by mini

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Except he did bring in younger players from other clubs. McLean, Shinnie, Ferguson, Cosgrove, Shankland, McCrorie etc. 

The new regime have yet to do this. I accept its only been one transfer window but we doubled the number of 30 plus players in one window. 

Some of them i would class as youths, Mclean and Shinnie were around 23/24 when they signed. I guess i just have a different idea to what a youth player is. I dont recall seeing too many teenagers getting more than the odd 5 minutes here and there under Mcinnes.

5 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Some of them i would class as youths, Mclean and Shinnie were around 23/24 when they signed. I guess i just have a different idea to what a youth player is. I dont recall seeing too many teenagers getting more than the odd 5 minutes here and there under Mcinnes.

I'm just talking about signing younger players in general, not necessarily youths. 

13 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Which teenagers were good enough to merit more than the odd 5 minutes ?

Cammy Smith probably got more game time than the other youngsters .....certainly more than the odd 5 minutes. But he’s drifted down the leagues and done nothing elsewhere to show that McInnes was wrong. 

Same as the others, with the possible exception of Shankland but even he hasn’t really cut it at the level we needed him to be at.

3 hours ago, slippers said:

I get where he’s coming from but it’s all pointless unless results are on the pitch. I couldn’t give a fuck about selling Ramsay for 10m unless it’s reinvested successfully and we start to close the gap on top of table. All that money in transfers and they sit on third bottom of a league similar to ours. That’s not success for me. The worry for the likes of them is how much money actually filters back to the club and how much goes to the group that owns the 2 clubs. Just looked at the transfers the past 3 seasons having taken in 10s of millions they have reinvested about 5%….

Spot on slippers.

Every club, maybe apart from a select few, is a selling club, whether they like it or not, and there’s no harm is having some sort of strategy.

But I agree, there’s no mention of building a successful club on the pitch in the article, accepting it’s the jourmlist’s words.

Holding up a perennial mid table club in as you say, a similar league as the model of success is a worry.

My concern is that the monetising stradegee becomes the all consuming concern of those in charge.

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I was being serious ?

I know I got stick for my lambasting of Dean Campbell (which I still stand by)…my point about them not being involved enough is valid though and a decent loan out to as big a club as possible would surely help these lads improve. They are too comfortable at Aberdeen and need a serious challenge. Somewhere where they have got to seriously roll up the sleeves and produce performances to make sure the team gets a result as they might be the main players. It will benefit them in the long run. 
I seriously want them to do well but they have got to ask themselves if they are doing enough….if they say yes then they are kidding everyone including themselves on.

Agree with much of this.

There’s no set pathway or route and every player, manager and team will be different, but playing in a team where say there is a perennial relegation scrap or the players really need that win bonus to make ends meet and pay for holidays is no bad experience I’d say.