Cormack Thread

It makes you wonder why we sold Hedges if we're going to spunk the money on Snodgrass. Would have been better sticking with Hedges for the sake of £200k.

Nae sure why his agent was able to push the deal through anyway. Should have been told to fuck off.  Instead we've got Glass saying we had to sell because of his agent. 

This lot are getting ragdolled by everyone, on and off the park. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He must have thought that he could take something that works at Atlanta in the MLS and transport it to Scotland in its entirety as some sort of plug and play solution that would blow everyone's minds and propel us to a new level.

I reckon they thought it was going to be pretty easy based on their (over) confidence last summer.

I know we have had our differences in the past (and probably will still do) but you are correct with what you are saying. Cormack and Glass both have been caught out with the difficulties adapting to Scottish football. The tactics are dreadful and some of the players picked from quite a few of the matches has been truly shocking. Both of them think they are much smarter than the reality. Both doomed to fail unless they have a major rethink of what they are doing.

1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

Does Dave Cormack understand that in this league you actually get relegated if you don't perform? I get the feeling he operates in this replicate the MLS fantasy where finishing bottom has no consequence. There isn't a draft here, and over there there isn't a two tier financial gulf between two teams and the rest. Meanwhile whilst he is 'developing saleable talent for the future' our team is getting taken to the cleaners most weeks by seasoned bottom six professional survivors.

We are not going to get relegated but that shouldn’t mean they shouldn’t step aside. 

1 minute ago, RED_JOHN said:

I know we have had our differences in the past (and probably will still do) but you are correct with what you are saying. Cormack and Glass both have been caught out with the difficulties adapting to Scottish football. The tactics are dreadful and some of the players picked from quite a few of the matches has been truly shocking. Both of them think they are much smarter than the reality. Both doomed to fail unless they have a major rethink of what they are doing.

Have we had our differences? 

I think you're mixing me up with someone else min. 

I always come in peace*

*Usually when the wife is sleeping

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It makes you wonder why we sold Hedges if we're going to spunk the money on Snodgrass. Would have been better sticking with Hedges for the sake of £200k.

Nae sure why his agent was able to push the deal through anyway. Should have been told to fuck off.  Instead we've got Glass saying we had to sell because of his agent. 

This lot are getting ragdolled by everyone, on and off the park. 

I don't think we were getting much out of Hedges, so a couple of hundred grand in the bank, for whatever purposes, was probably a decent bit of business if the alternative was Hedges going through the motions until he could fuck off for nothing. 

If there are English clubs after Snodgrass then any interest we may have is moot, anyway. 

4 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

He's got a long way to go to get to that level with me. The way Milne treated Pittodrie was fucking sacrilege. 

I'm struggling to think of what Milne actually achieved for the club... 

I mean, I know he put us into massive, unsustainable debt, and we spent years with a pub team attitude, and he turned us into a joke side that proper players avoided like the plague. I know he gave millions to guys who'd never managed a club in their lives, employed a known drunk as a manager, and forced him to hire 2nd tier players on sweeties. I know all that stuff he did that turned us into a laughing stock.. over a period of decades, during which he learned absolutely NOTHING except hiring Willie Miller to be the firewall between himself and thousands of raging fans... All the broken promises... some might even say lies...  I remember all that stuff. 

Cormack, as egotistical, stubborn, nepotistic, and slick as he is, already delivered us the training facility Milne never did. A tangible, long term, massively important thing we have never had before. 

I even believe he, unlike Milne, is serious about delivering us a stadium too. 

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

I don't think we were getting much out of Hedges, so a couple of hundred grand in the bank, for whatever purposes, was probably a decent bit of business if the alternative was Hedges going through the motions until he could fuck off for nothing. 

If there are English clubs after Snodgrass then any interest we may have is moot, anyway. 

Aye, we maybe didn't get as much out of Hedges as we could have - partly his fault and possibly partly the managers fault. However, I would rather have Hedges than Ojo or Jenks and I'm sure we'd get more goals and assists from Hedges (even if he was going through the motions) than we'll get combined from those two in the remainder of the season.

22 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Aye, we maybe didn't get as much out of Hedges as we could have - partly his fault and possibly partly the managers fault. However, I would rather have Hedges than Ojo or Jenks and I'm sure we'd get more goals and assists from Hedges (even if he was going through the motions) than we'll get combined from those two in the remainder of the season.

I think we've probably got a tiny bit of width, if we shuffle Hayes to the RW and Bez to the LW, maybe allowing Ramsey to NOT have to be out of position because the guy now in front of him can't be fucked enough to create anything, and now concentrate on defending.  

This frees Ojo and Jenks to fill the FATR role that they're best suited for. 

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I mean, I know he put us into massive, unsustainable debt, and we spent years with a pub team attitude, and he turned us into a joke side that proper players avoided like the plague. I know he gave millions to guys who'd never managed a club in their lives, employed a known drunk as a manager, and forced him to hire 2nd tier players on sweeties. I know all that stuff he did that turned us into a laughing stock.. over a period of decades, during which he learned absolutely NOTHING except hiring Willie Miller to be the firewall between himself and thousands of raging fans... All the broken promises... some might even say lies...  I remember all that stuff. 

Cormack, as egotistical, stubborn, nepotistic, and slick as he is, already delivered us the training facility Milne never did. A tangible, long term, massively important thing we have never had before. 

I am not saying I am ungrateful for the club having training facilities and hopefully a new stadium in the near future but that is very secondary to what we have representing us on the pitch. That should always be our priority. Good players and a good manager is what we should be demanding.

7 hours ago, Ke1t said:

I am not saying I am ungrateful for the club having training facilities and hopefully a new stadium in the near future but that is very secondary to what we have representing us on the pitch. That should always be our priority. Good players and a good manager is what we should be demanding.

Guest findlay_1903

Is there any owners of in Scottish football the past 30 years we are envious of? Dick Donald was a great, but before my time sadly, since money has became much more prevalent in the game any stand out chairpeople? If Cormack delivers a stadium at the beach he’ll be a hero. And quite rightly so! 

27 minutes ago, findlay_1903 said:

Is there any owners of in Scottish football the past 30 years we are envious of? Dick Donald was a great, but before my time sadly, since money has became much more prevalent in the game any stand out chairpeople? If Cormack delivers a stadium at the beach he’ll be a hero. And quite rightly so! 

He won't.... the stadium will not be built at the beach!!

20 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Exactly, and we've no cover for our young right back who's already had one fairly lengthy injury this season and is currently not in particularly great form. 

Makes absolutely zero sense in getting rid of Gurr I(even though he was shite) and taking in a left sided player for "increased competition", Shows how clueless the cunts are who are overseeing the recruitment process

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Given the financial help Cormack has given the club, I find it really strange (& quite concerning) that I am actually starting to detest him & his way of running the club even more so than I ever did Milne.

seeing him & hearing his shite riles me up even more so now than the wee baldy sparky ever did

I'm starting to think the same. He's said fuck all since the Jenks tweet in early Jan. Can guarantee if we were up the top end and playing some decent football he wouldn't be off twitter. Fucking penis

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

Dick Donald was in my early days of following the Dons was regarded as a miser. He was not short of cash. He perhaps was a canny Aberdonian.

One instance I recall was regarding the doing away with communal baths at football grounds. When Dick was quoted a cost of installing showers at Pittodrie, he remarked that the players could shower at home. I don’t think he was joking either.

As I see things he was not so much a skinflint in later years and in my opinion on this was due to the influence of at least three people. Those were the managers Eddie Turnbull and then Alex Ferguson. Both managed to persuade him to part with funds for transfer targets and I know Turnbull threatened to pack in if he did not give him funds.

Once more it is in my opinion that another great influence on our club during the very successful period was that inputted by the then director (vice chairman?) Chris Anderson. I’m sure he had a large influence on Mr Donald. Chris was a visionary who I’m sure was mainly responsible in making Pittodrie all seated before any other senior club in the U.K. He was a sad loss to our club and to football in general after he developed MND and died soon afterwards.

One thing that is my view is that the chairman of a senior football club should have a decent background in the game itself. You could say they could appoint an experienced person with that quality, but could they be their own person without interference from the chairman? I doubt it.

Dick Donald and Chris Anderson both had decent football careers which I’m sure was a positive.

I’m not sure if Stewart Milne or Dave Cormack had that background, but I don’t doubt their love of the club. Both have been successful businessmen. Alas in businesses not involved in the football world.

I’ve supported the Dons for nigh on sixty years and it’s really depressing to see the state we are in at the present time.  

I hope I’m jesting by suggesting: Never mind if the present form continues then at least there is the possibility of having a really close local derby at Pittodrie and at Balmoral Stadium next season.

Change is required soonest. The experiment has been a drastic failure.

• Upvote 6
Guest findlay_1903
7 minutes ago, Green Final said:

Dick Donald was in my early days of following the Dons was regarded as a miser. He was not short of cash. He perhaps was a canny Aberdonian.

One instance I recall was regarding the doing away with communal baths at football grounds. When Dick was quoted a cost of installing showers at Pittodrie, he remarked that the players could shower at home. I don’t think he was joking either.

As I see things he was not so much a skinflint in later years and in my opinion on this was due to the influence of at least three people. Those were the managers Eddie Turnbull and then Alex Ferguson. Both managed to persuade him to part with funds for transfer targets and I know Turnbull threatened to pack in if he did not give him funds.

Once more it is in my opinion that another great influence on our club during the very successful period was that inputted by the then director (vice chairman?) Chris Anderson. I’m sure he had a large influence on Mr Donald. Chris was a visionary who I’m sure was mainly responsible in making Pittodrie all seated before any other senior club in the U.K. He was a sad loss to our club and to football in general after he developed MND and died soon afterwards.

One thing that is my view is that the chairman of a senior football club should have a decent background in the game itself. You could say they could appoint an experienced person with that quality, but could they be their own person without interference from the chairman? I doubt it.

Dick Donald and Chris Anderson both had decent football careers which I’m sure was a positive.

I’m not sure if Stewart Milne or Dave Cormack had that background, but I don’t doubt their love of the club. Both have been successful businessmen. Alas in businesses not involved in the football world.

I’ve supported the Dons for nigh on sixty years and it’s really depressing to see the state we are in at the present time.  

I hope I’m jesting by suggesting: Never mind if the present form continues then at least there is the possibility of having a really close local derby at Pittodrie and at Balmoral Stadium next season.

Lovely synopsis of the Donald and Anderson era. 
Listening to older folk, Donald and Anderson wouldn’t have missed the opportunity to buy up the land around Pittodrie? Also the dick Donald stand wouldn’t of been their thing either? Poorly managed for too long. 

A stadium is only as good as the players inside it, to an extent.
Cormack needs to get more help for football operations for his business success to transpire onto the hallowed turf! 
Will give the current team this season to rectify problems and hopefully progress!

2 hours ago, findlay_1903 said:

Not if the new stadium is for a championship team!

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Green Final said:

Good post min. 

There is that famous clip in Team Of The Decade where Ferguson claimed he went into Dick Donald and said he needed money for players and DD told him he had a squad of professionals out there and go and work with them. As it turns out Ferguson went on to win the League and earned the right to go in and demand money for specific players.

One crucial job a Chairman has is appointing the right man. Milne struggled with it his whole tenure. Appointed Calderwood a season too late and hung on to him for far too long. Finally got it right when he got the right advice (from George Yule) with McInnes.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Good post min. 

There is that famous clip in Team Of The Decade where Ferguson claimed he went into Dick Donald and said he needed money for players and DD told him he had a squad of professionals out there and go and work with them. As it turns out Ferguson went on to win the League and earned the right to go in and demand money for specific players.

One crucial job a Chairman has is appointing the right man. Milne struggled with it his whole tenure. Appointed Calderwood a season too late and hung on to him for far too long. Finally got it right when he got the right advice (from George Yule) with McInnes.

I thought it was Craig Brown that recommended him? 

4 hours ago, Green Final said:

And Cove Rangers would win every game. 

1 hour ago, huncunts said:

Fucking hell, 3 hours 20 minutes? Game will have kicked off. Where should I start?

Start at 26.10.  They're discussing the split of blame and responsibility between Glass/Gunn/Cormack.

And from 2.36.30, Adam Rooney talks about the 2017 season.  Mentions that despite what club told the press, the players believed the title was there for the taking.  He bemoans the loss of Ward, and the fact he went back to Liverpool without playing a game for them. 

In any situation when it turns to shit, the most important thing to do is to accept mistakes have been made, identify where and how they  happened, and then fix it, fucking pronto.

To do nothing and let things just mosey along is simply not an option.

It happens all the time at clubs in and around us; Hibs, Hearts, Utd and the scum have all fucked things up at management or board/recruitment level,  some repeatedly but changed it pronto as soon as it’s clear it’s not working. 

If Cormack can’t see he’s fucked up his redesign of the club structure in terms of the personnel within that he appointed, then we as a club are fucked.

Rookies here, there and everywhere. We are a training facility for these people.