Cormack Thread

What a horrific decision appointing Glass has been. Looking worse as each games passes as the squad is looking worse as each week passes.

He was allowed to assemble a 26 man squad in the summer and it was utterly shocking and unbalanced squad.

Glass could end up being the worst manager in our history and the worst managerial appointment in our history.

At least when Milne was appointing Alex Miller, Skovdahl and the like we were already bottom of the league

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Glass was a bad appointment, no doubt about that. He isn’t here now so everyone should really be turning their attention on Goodwin. Another terrible choice of manager. Cormack is failing us with these appointments.

It's not really fair to judge Goodwin quite yet. Squad absolute dogshit and unlucky with injuries

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

It's not really fair to judge Goodwin quite yet. Squad absolute dogshit and unlucky with injuries

I disagree Tord31, he opted to jump in straight away (which he should have been doing anyway) and take control from the off. He admittedly has the players who were left by the previous regime so he can only work with them unless he brings in players who are currently out of contract. I though, judge a manager on not what he says to his clubs tv channel or what he says in the press but what his team do on the pitch under his guidance. So far he has 2 points out of 9. We were completely overrun in midfield last night (a position he actually played himself) and until it was obvious the game was beyond us he did nothing to rectify this. He talked earlier in the week about more intensive training etc…we played in slow motion last night and let Hearts dictate the game very very easily. 
That’s how I have given him criticism and will continue to do so unless he proves otherwise. It’s nothing personal, it’s just giving an opinion whilst watching the match with my eyes open.

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I disagree Tord31, he opted to jump in straight away (which he should have been doing anyway) and take control from the off. He admittedly has the players who were left by the previous regime so he can only work with them unless he brings in players who are currently out of contract. I though, judge a manager on not what he says to his clubs tv channel or what he says in the press but what his team do on the pitch under his guidance. So far he has 2 points out of 9. We were completely overrun in midfield last night (a position he actually played himself) and until it was obvious the game was beyond us he did nothing to rectify this. He talked earlier in the week about more intensive training etc…we played in slow motion last night and let Hearts dictate the game very very easily. 
That’s how I have given him criticism and will continue to do so unless he proves otherwise. It’s nothing personal, it’s just giving an opinion whilst watching the match with my eyes open.

Not often I agree with you but last night was a massive red flag! At no stage did we change things to try and get ourselves into the game. As ive previously said I really struggle to see how he was the outstanding candidate. He done a solid job and no more at St Mirren. I just dont get why hes so highly rated. St Mirren won 3 out of their first 20 games this season. Thats absolute shite regardless of who you manage. Look at Livi, smaller budget than St mirren, top 6 last season and a cup final, currently sit 4th in League. Teams like Motherwell on similar budget and performing better than St mirren. Im not writing Goodwin off by any means yet he deserves time but we lose our next 2 games hes already under massive pressure! 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Not often I agree with you but last night was a massive red flag! At no stage did we change things to try and get ourselves into the game. As ive previously said I really struggle to see how he was the outstanding candidate. He done a solid job and no more at St Mirren. I just dont get why hes so highly rated. St Mirren won 3 out of their first 20 games this season. Thats absolute shite regardless of who you manage. Look at Livi, smaller budget than St mirren, top 6 last season and a cup final, currently sit 4th in League. Teams like Motherwell on similar budget and performing better than St mirren. Im not writing Goodwin off by any means yet he deserves time but we lose our next 2 games hes already under massive pressure! 

I don’t mind you having a difference of opinion on matters and what I will say is at least you are civil about it. 
I don’t blame Goodwin for taking the job, not in the least. It’s the chairman at our club who is to blame for employing him. No way he was the best we at Aberdeen could attract…I don’t care what anyone says regarding that. We were severely short changed like we were by employing Glass. Cormack is letting us down and he should be getting the abuse he deserves. 

The much vaunted ‘new era’ for AFC proclaimed by DC has been an unmitigated disaster. I think we all suspected as much but hoped the radical appointment of Glass and his apparently well thought of backroom staff along with no-nonsense Broon as player/coach would herald a bright new dawn. Sadly, just about everything since the Summer has unravelled for this team.

It started well enough but it didn’t take long for the cracks to appear. We were out-played by a plucky Raith team and from then on Glass just couldn’t get anything to gel. Despite being the better side in a lot of games, our weak back line has been carved open far too easily, clean sheets have been a rarity. Playing keep ball and relying on Ramierez to make it stick up top hasn’t worked, but there’s been no alternative because we failed to bring in a forward to take some of the pressure off (yes, we have young Ruth and the completely raw Polvara but neither have the experience yet to play the lone striker role).

Glass has gone, the majority of his coaching staff went with him. Brown now offski and pretty much all out summer recruits have either moved on or will be lucky to see another season here. Our amateur ‘director of football’ is just another example of DC’s baffling strategy.

Whilst its not been a great start by Goodwin result-wise, he’s obviously looking to clear the decks and get us playing as a team again. The speed of Brown’s departure leads me to believe it was a cause of disruption in the squad.

There were signs of progress against the Huns, especially at the back. But surely the remit now is just to get us moving up the table and build for next season.  

On 3/3/2022 at 12:17 PM, RED_JOHN said:

I don’t mind you having a difference of opinion on matters and what I will say is at least you are civil about it. 
I don’t blame Goodwin for taking the job, not in the least. It’s the chairman at our club who is to blame for employing him. No way he was the best we at Aberdeen could attract…I don’t care what anyone says regarding that. We were severely short changed like we were by employing Glass. Cormack is letting us down and he should be getting the abuse he deserves. 

I didn’t see any big names putting their names  forward  for the ATTRACTION  of we at  Aberdeen.   They all investigated the state of the club, chairman, and dumb directors , plus half the Dildos  on the park, and said f——k this. 

14 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Cormack made a cunt of a gamble with Glass/Brown but folk saying he has been a complete disaster are aff their heeds.

Agree with this. He's made a big gamble. I'm not sure he's got any of the big decisions right to he honest but I think he's tried to do something different but at least he's identified its not working. 

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Sacking McInnes? Binning Kingsford? Sacking Glass?

Do you really think Kingsford is dead? 

https://committees.aberdeencity.gov.uk/documents/s123822/APPENDIX D - LEISURE STADIUM ver2.pdf

page 9 of this dream includes ‘diving with sharks‘

we will be at kingsford before any great whites appear here, not a chance can ACC help 

If, as has been confirmed elsewhere,  Cormack became involved with Dons again in 2017 it is clear that the clubs finances leading up to Covid + the new training facilities are major positives. 

However the product on the park has consistently worsened year on year since 2017 Scottish Cup Final, culminating in a likely bottom 6 finish this season. 

Personally think big Jim is a good appointment but big decisions re overhauling squad and the whole recruitment operation will have to take place over the summer otherwise Cormack may also have to go.

53 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Do you really think Kingsford is dead? 

https://committees.aberdeencity.gov.uk/documents/s123822/APPENDIX D - LEISURE STADIUM ver2.pdf

page 9 of this dream includes ‘diving with sharks‘

we will be at kingsford before any great whites appear here, not a chance can ACC help 

Been a while since I've looked at this. Forgot how ridiculous some of the stuff the council was proposing was.

Ziplines, alpine coasters, shark tanks. The pictures of the "thermal spa and leisure complex" are total pie in the sky stuff. 

There's not a chance Kingsford is dead yet if this is the pish the club have to wait on the council to take the next decade to decide on. 

1 hour ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

If, as has been confirmed elsewhere,  Cormack became involved with Dons again in 2017 it is clear that the clubs finances leading up to Covid + the new training facilities are major positives. 

However the product on the park has consistently worsened year on year since 2017 Scottish Cup Final, culminating in a likely bottom 6 finish this season. 

Personally think big Jim is a good appointment but big decisions re overhauling squad and the whole recruitment operation will have to take place over the summer otherwise Cormack may also have to go.

Who's buying him out like?

36 minutes ago, NEM said:

Who's buying him out like?

I find it baffling that people are shouting for him to get out of the club, mainly because there's no queue of people to buy the club and put in what he's put in so far and that the same folk let Milne take the piss for 20 odd years without saying fuck all.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

I find it baffling that people are shouting for him to get out of the club, mainly because there's no queue of people to buy the club and put in what he's put in so far and that the same folk let Milne take the piss for 20 odd years without saying fuck all.

He's fucked up appointing his mate (a pretty big fuck up tbf) but at least he's rectified it quickly.  Darek would still be in charge if Milne was calling the shots, there'd be no training ground and we'd have spunked another few million on a stadium move to the middle of nowhere yet be no closer to a moving date.

Cormack a huge improvement on the mealy mouthed hun tcheuchter.

• Upvote 6