Cormack Thread

Guest milne_afc
18 minutes ago, TheRock said:

I assume there's SPFL/SFA rules about placement/number of sponsor logos on a kit? 

You can have main sponsor, back, shorts and socks.

Time to break ties with Saltire anyway if they’re still trading with the war mongers in UAE

6 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

You can have main sponsor, back, shorts and socks.

Time to break ties with Saltire anyway if they’re still trading with the war mongers in UAE

I looked it up, you can have way more than I thought. One on the front, two on the back, one on the sleeve, as well as the shorts and socks. 

I personally think Cormack would be better saving his rant for Beaton and his inept performances and blatant bias against Aberdeen.

He should be on Radio Scotland giving it his best rant against the incompetent cheat. Take the inevitable fine that will wing his way and say we refuse to accept him as a referee again. 

Referee's are human and they make mistakes - I accept that but today he sunk to a new low. Add in his previous and its a worrying trend. 

4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I personally think Cormack would be better saving his rant for Beaton and his inept performances and blatant bias against Aberdeen.

He should be on Radio Scotland giving it his best rant against the incompetent cheat. Take the inevitable fine that will wing his way and say we refuse to accept him as a referee again. 

Referee's are human and they make mistakes - I accept that but today he sunk to a new low. Add in his previous and its a worrying trend. 

He was just as bad for Dundee. 

Could and should've stopped the game for Vinnies dive before our second.

Referees don't wholey determine the outcome of a game. We fucked ourselves over by not being able to defend set pieces. 

5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

No point as our team is so shite he would just be ridiculed & accused of desperation to shift blame from his teams shiteness onto Beaton. 

Both would have fair enough points in that particular debate. 

He has only added to the clusterfuck.

Time to dig deeper into the vault & give JG the funds required to get us back up where we belong or this season is an indication of many seasons to come.

18 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

He has only added to the clusterfuck.

Time to dig deeper into the vault & give JG the funds required to get us back up where we belong or this season is an indication of many seasons to come.

What a horrible position to be in! Already serious doubts about Goodwin and now he has no choice but to back him heavily! Can see this being an absolute riot next season! Basically a whole new team to sign so none of this 3 windows bollocks. If we don’t qualify for Europe next season it’s failure no 2 ways about it! 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, slippers said:

What a horrible position to be in! Already serious doubts about Goodwin and now he has no choice but to back him heavily! Can see this being an absolute riot next season! Basically a whole new team to sign so none of this 3 windows bollocks. If we don’t qualify for Europe next season it’s failure no 2 ways about it! 

Are there serious doubts about Goodwin? Bar a few crazies on here?

First window to have is comfortable in top 6 (sitting in European spots) & second to fully achieve that as an absolute minimum. Otherwise he’s not up to it. 

No messing, no sympathy, no excuses. 

decent cup run should also be minimum requirement but possible excuses there if we get shafted in the draws. 

Better than all that for following season ?

How can you have serious doubts about a manager who has had no ability to take in players he deems good enough for Aberdeen and by the look of things is having to play players he doesn’t want to because he has no other choice

9 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

How can you have serious doubts about a manager who has had no ability to take in players he deems good enough for Aberdeen and by the look of things is having to play players he doesn’t want to because he has no other choice

Its absolutely mental that a guy that hardly anyone wanted is suddenly being labeled as the savior despite the evidence in front of our eyes. One win in seven is dismal but is reflective of the form all season. Kind of reflective of St Mirren's form all season too. Funny that eh. What happened to Butcher at Hibs in the end? Did he resign following relegation? Or did he start the following season? Cannae mind. Whatever, if JG presides over first ever relegation in our club's proud history, he cannot be anywhere near AFc in August.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

29 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

It's fair to say there is a healthy scepticism in the knowledge that so far he has achieved the square root of fuck all. He's had a reasonable career path, coming from lower leagues. Got Alloa promoted to the Championship then kept them in that league. On to St Mirren and he's kept them in the league, best you could say is they look a bit more of a solid Premier league team rather than being quoted for relegation at the start of every season. I'm not trying to have a pop at the guy but he's still not proved he's anything special. Different had we landed the Bodo guy. You'd have to say then that he's proved he can do something so should be given a high level of latitude. Goodwin is a wait and see appointment. Would love to come back to this in a year's time and applaud Cormack for an inspired choice (at the 2nd time of asking).

34 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

Its absolutely mental that a guy that hardly anyone wanted is suddenly being labeled as the savior despite the evidence in front of our eyes. One win in seven is dismal but is reflective of the form all season. Kind of reflective of St Mirren's form all season too. Funny that eh. What happened to Butcher at Hibs in the end? Did he resign following relegation? Or did he start the following season? Cannae mind. Whatever, if JG presides over first ever relegation in our club's proud history, he cannot be anywhere near AFc in August.

Maybe not “serious” to be fair but definitely  doubts. Even he admitted in presser he would of expected to have turned the corner by now. He’s had 7 games, a few international breaks to work with squad and we are still as bad if not worse. Everyone saying Glass was terrible but surely if Goodwin is the man he should be getting more than Glass out of the players? No matter how you look at it he isn’t and that’s why I have doubts.  I like how he speaks but remember thinking exactly the same about Glass at the start, I also like how he’s getting rid of the shite straight off the bat but you won’t convince me this team isn’t good enough to finish atleast in the top 6 with the right manager in charge. The disaster Glass was seems to be a bit of a get out a jail card thus for him. Cormack would of expected us to make top 6 after appointment no doubt about it.

• Upvote 1

Jim Goodwin had  the biggest problem in Aberdeen’s history when he took the job.  He had Mcinnes disease to find a cure for! He had the glass cluster fuck to to deal with,  he has the prima donnas who think they are world beaters to deal with. 

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

So who did you want then and what makes you think he’d have done any better?

Again he’s having to use player that got the club in the position it currently in, this isn’t his making and he can do nothing with playing staff. 

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

It's fair to say there is a healthy scepticism in the knowledge that so far he has achieved the square root of fuck all. He's had a reasonable career path, coming from lower leagues. Got Alloa promoted to the Championship then kept them in that league. On to St Mirren and he's kept them in the league, best you could say is they look a bit more of a solid Premier league team rather than being quoted for relegation at the start of every season. I'm not trying to have a pop at the guy but he's still not proved he's anything special. Different had we landed the Bodo guy. You'd have to say then that he's proved he can do something so should be given a high level of latitude. Goodwin is a wait and see appointment. Would love to come back to this in a year's time and applaud Cormack for an inspired choice (at the 2nd time of asking).

Your bloody deluded if you think a guy managing a team in the quarter finals of the Europa conference and currently 2-1 up on Mourinhos Roma would want to come to an also ran in Scotland. He’ll have his pick on jobs come the summer. 

• Upvote 1