Cormack Thread

• Site Sponsor
3 hours ago, slippers said:

I dont have extensive scouting network to troll through for applicants or candidates! All I wanted was a manager to be installed from anywhere in the world and I could look at his back catalogue and see why we have appointed him. I didn't get that with Goodwin. Everyone slated Celtic for Ange but you could see with his previous jobs that he had been successful. All I wanted was an appointment in similar mould.

Tell me why Goodwin was ahead of Martindale who took Livi into top 6 last season and a cup final on a smaller budget than St Mirren.

Tell me why Goodwin is ahead of Davidson who won the cup double last season, granted terrible start this season but now 1 of the inform teams in league.

For the record I wouldn't want either of the above but neither of the 3 play nice football, just don't see why Goodwin's rep is far higher than the above 2?

Couldn't be further from truth! His time was up!

Martindale?

Seriously?

An ex convicted drug dealing Hun.

Enough said

9 hours ago, slippers said:

I dont have extensive scouting network to troll through for applicants or candidates! All I wanted was a manager to be installed from anywhere in the world and I could look at his back catalogue and see why we have appointed him. I didn't get that with Goodwin. Everyone slated Celtic for Ange but you could see with his previous jobs that he had been successful. All I wanted was an appointment in similar mould.

Tell me why Goodwin was ahead of Martindale who took Livi into top 6 last season and a cup final on a smaller budget than St Mirren.

Tell me why Goodwin is ahead of Davidson who won the cup double last season, granted terrible start this season but now 1 of the inform teams in league.

For the record I wouldn't want either of the above but neither of the 3 play nice football, just don't see why Goodwin's rep is far higher than the above 2?

Most Saints fans want Davidson chased out of the door though. He got extremely lucky in that he inherited a team from Tommy Wright and kept it ticking over but as soon as he started tinkering they have been complete dogshit ever since. 

22 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Most Saints fans want Davidson chased out of the door though. He got extremely lucky in that he inherited a team from Tommy Wright and kept it ticking over but as soon as he started tinkering they have been complete dogshit ever since. 

I think it's a bit harsh no? They sold Stj best two players late on transfer window and he wasn't able to bring anyone in. Plus injuries to key players. 

9 hours ago, slippers said:

Martindale is a convicted drug dealer. He also has money tied up in Livingston, which is why he was technical director and asst manager at the same time, before he became manager. 

16 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Are there serious doubts about Goodwin? Bar a few crazies on here?

No doubts about Goodwin from myself, my doubts are based on Cormack & the recruitment team, so far its been very poor.

Financially Cormack has to back Goodwin heavily in order to bring in the quality needed. Never mind this loan crap, I want players committed to club not some other club.

Personally out of the team I'd probably keep Mcrorie, Watkins, Ramirez & Barron.

Ferguson & Ramsay will probably be sold if price is right in summer. 

15 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He's pissing with someone else's pecker

It would be pretty disastrous if we did but I think Cormack would have to suck it up on the grounds that he could.....and should.....have binned Glass certainly before New Year, probably before November. He was appointing a new manager....Goodwin or anyone else, who would be unable to bring in any new additions to a massively unbalanced squad. 

FWIW I really don't believe we will be relegated. I haven't totally ruled out ending in 11th yet but if we do I'm certain we'd win any play-off. Even if it was against Killie.

Ten Caat if it’s a play off between Aberdeen and kilmarnock and Mcinnes wins there will be multi orgasms  screaming  out of India. 

2 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Ten Caat if it’s a play off between Aberdeen and kilmarnock and Mcinnes wins there will be multi orgasms  screaming  out of India. 

Killie have virtually won the Championship. 

If we're in a play off it'll most likely be against ICT or Arbroath. 

Not really much of a compensation I know, but I just thought I'd point that out ?

1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

Killie have virtually won the Championship. 

If we're in a play off it'll most likely be against ICT or Arbroath. 

Not really much of a compensation I know, but I just thought I'd point that out ?

It’s not over till it’s over Arbroath can still win it.    And right now the disabled effortless ? toothless ?‍♂️ Fairies and don’t give a shit crocks that Goodwin has left to get results , well I wouldn’t bet on Aberdeen winning against Inverness kilmarnock or Arbroath. Right now this is what Goodwin has as a team ?Lewis and ??????????? and the rest. 

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

5 games left, do folk honestly think that Dundee are winning 4 more games than us or St Johnstone are winning 3 more?

Its been an abortion of a season but talk of relegation was nonsense when Glass was here and its still nonsense now.

St Johnstone aren't going to win all 5 games so the reality is 6 points from 15 after the split and we'll be safe from the play off. Even with the useless numpties we have that 'should' be doable.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

5 games left, do folk honestly think that Dundee are winning 4 more games than us or St Johnstone are winning 3 more?

Its been an abortion of a season but talk of relegation was nonsense when Glass was here and its still nonsense now.

I know where you're coming from, but the reality is that we've had 1 league win since the start of the year....it's pretty much that one win against Hibs a fortnight ago that has stopped us being right in the deep doo doo. 

Our form over the last 3 months has pretty much been relegation form. 

We won't end up being relegated or in a play off, but that's hardly something we can pat ourselves on the back for. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I'm certainly ruling Dundee out. They're gone.

However if St Johnstone beat us they're only 3 points behind. Thankfully their goal difference is so poor that they're unlikely to overhaul our advantage that way. I fully expect the league to organise the post-split fixtures to make things as interesting as possible. With us being on the same points as St Mirren, I think they'll wangle things so St J play both us and St Mirren in the first 2 post-split fixtures.

Given how our season has gone, it's not an impossibility that we could lose all 5 games. Personally I don't think we will but there's no denying that right now we are a very poor side.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, RUL said:

I think it's a bit harsh no? They sold Stj best two players late on transfer window and he wasn't able to bring anyone in. Plus injuries to key players. 

Most season ticket holders I know think he has to go. He is a legend there as a player but they feel he just got lucky. He is tactically inept and sticks with the same set up regardless and is unable to change a game. They are extremely lucky he stumbled upon Hendry hitting a wee bit of form. 

22 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

First window to have is comfortable in top 6 (sitting in European spots) & second to fully achieve that as an absolute minimum. Otherwise he’s not up to it. 

No messing, no sympathy, no excuses. 

decent cup run should also be minimum requirement but possible excuses there if we get shafted in the draws. 

Better than all that for following season ?

Member when you thought finishing 4th (whilst actually finishing second more times than 4th) wasn't good enough?

Lol

13 hours ago, Millertime said:

Member when you thought finishing 4th (whilst actually finishing second more times than 4th) wasn't good enough?

Lol

Finishing anywhere other than 1st is never good enough. If you can always do better then you haven’t been ‘good enough’

Besides. That was with rgds the Huns being in the same league & latterly when the league was actually starting to get competitive. 4th in last 3 seasons. Only 2 2nd places with Huns in same league & only one of them was actually some kind of ‘achievement’ as their first season in league they were absolute pants. So much so they only actually won 50% of their league games ?

do better next time MT ffs

6 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Finishing anywhere other than 1st is never good enough. If you can always do better then you haven’t been ‘good enough’

Besides. That was with rgds the Huns being in the same league & latterly when the league was actually starting to get competitive. 4th in last 3 seasons. Only 2 2nd places with Huns in same league & only one of them was actually some kind of ‘achievement’ as their first season in league they were absolute pants. So much so they only actually won 50% of their league games ?

do better next time MT ffs

4th was the lowest a mcinnes team finished and they finished 2nd more than 4th

FIN